Warhammer+ mini

14 minutes ago, Reclusiarch Krieg said:

Wait, so anyone who orders before end of month now gets the mini after only 30 days of waiting (and paying), while we all had to pay 12 monthlies? 

How is this acceptable.

Trynna get those last few pennies out of us that have not bought into the hype yet. They dont care about those that have been paying for the past 12 months, they have already mugged you off and got your cash. 

18 minutes ago, Reclusiarch Krieg said:

Wait, so anyone who orders before end of month now gets the mini after only 30 days of waiting (and paying), while we all had to pay 12 monthlies? 

How is this acceptable.

The change in T&Cs that GW announced today only applies to Annual subscriptions, so someone who signs up on July 30th for example will have paid exactly the same as someone who signed up back in August last year.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/06/dont-miss-your-last-chance-to-get-the-first-free-warhammer-exclusive-miniatures/

If you’ve not yet subscribed to Warhammer+, there’s still time to claim one – or even both – of these characterful models. In fact, anyone who signs up for an annual subscription before the 31st of July

Yes, they're going to get the mini quicker, but they've still paid the same amount. I assume GW will also have something in the Warhammer+ T&Cs that says if you claim the mini then you can't have the subscription cost refunded.

31 minutes ago, RWJP said:

Yes, they're going to get the mini quicker, but they've still paid the same amount. I assume GW will also have something in the Warhammer+ T&Cs that says if you claim the mini then you can't have the subscription cost refunded.

Good luck with that. Scammers will sign up on last day, get the mini and still have 120 days from signup to chargeback and get the money back. The only deterrent from doing that was the wait time exceeding chargeback grace periods. They should've done this several months earlier.

42 minutes ago, Slave to Darkness said:

Trynna get those last few pennies out of us that have not bought into the hype yet. They dont care about those that have been paying for the past 12 months, they have already mugged you off and got your cash. 

Yep, pretty much. That's what I'm talking about. Huge middle finger to those who had to wait full 12 months, as if the 3 months earlier for roster editor subscribers wasn't enough of one already.

I took out an annual subscription last December and the counter is still saying I have 4 months, 29 days to wait to claim my mini.

So far I haven't had a single discount voucher or offer - I checked with GW, I missed out by days.

TBH, I have been happy with the content (as is my son, we watched the latest battle report over dinner) but to receive an email saying 'get your model early' only to find that is for...new customers only.....:angry:

1 hour ago, Rusted Boltgun said:

I took out an annual subscription last December and the counter is still saying I have 4 months, 29 days to wait to claim my mini.

So far I haven't had a single discount voucher or offer - I checked with GW, I missed out by days.

TBH, I have been happy with the content (as is my son, we watched the latest battle report over dinner) but to receive an email saying 'get your model early' only to find that is for...new customers only.....:angry:

Have you considered some of the Battle Report channels on YouTube? There are plenty that are family friendly (aside from the simulated warfare of course). There are actually so many that it is hard to watch it all! No need to subscribe to anything.

1 hour ago, Rusted Boltgun said:

TBH, I have been happy with the content (as is my son, we watched the latest battle report over dinner) but to receive an email saying 'get your model early' only to find that is for...new customers only....

From Warhammer Community

Current annual subscribers who have yet to receive their free model won’t have long to wait. You’ll be able to claim your miniature this August regardless of when you first joined Warhammer+.

7 minutes ago, Grotsmasha said:

I suspect that they have *GROSSLY* overestimated demand and have more than a few extra models...

Which means it's likely that these models will show up for sale later on, to add injury to the already existing insult.

2 minutes ago, Reclusiarch Krieg said:

Which means it's likely that these models will show up for sale later on, to add injury to the already existing insult.

Probably, ideally, they would keep them Warhammer+ Exclusive, meaning you need to be a current subscriber (as in, at the time of purchase) to access their model back cataloge. It won't happen, but it would be a better? way to go about it.

29 minutes ago, Reclusiarch Krieg said:

Wouldnt surprise me to see them on ebay as soon as they are out in the wild with some stupid price tag, then China cast will be knocking them out for about £40, then soon after that the files will be online for 3d printing... 

10 hours ago, Grotsmasha said:

You need to "Purchase" it through the Webstore, it's free, and no postage, you will also be given the option of the second model.

I did, it errored our. Sent me the confirmation email, and website says my order is on the way, but not in my account order history. So I need to contact gw

17 hours ago, Grotsmasha said:

You need to "Purchase" it through the Webstore, it's free, and no postage, you will also be given the option of the second model.

GW really should have made a big point about this being how you get your model, because it's so counterintuitive as to be bordering on outright stupidity.

7 hours ago, Grotsmasha said:

I suspect that they have *GROSSLY* overestimated demand and have more than a few extra models...

Seems unlikely that they'd overestimate demand, given that they knew exactly how many subscribers had chosen each mini months before they needed to go into production. 

38 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Seems unlikely that they'd overestimate demand, given that they knew exactly how many subscribers had chosen each mini months before they needed to go into production. 

Would more expect it to be some fiscal year end/start thing (inflating sub numbers) instead of overproduction 

Edited by excelite

Have to say GW's handeling of this has been atrocious. I got the year sub at the start mainly because of the mini, but also to give the service a shot. Having been really disappointed in the content, I have no intention of re-subbing. 

If I try to cancel, I get a notification I'll forgo on the miniature, I can't change my payment method due to a consistent error message in the mywarhammer page and customer service is non-responsive on the topic. 

Edit:

Credit where credit is due, after grumbling on here I gave the chat on the webshop a go and they managed to resolve the issue in 5 minutes flat. 

Edited by matcap86

On 7/7/2022 at 12:47 AM, Grotsmasha said:

...This is quite literally impossible. In fact they almost certainly have the most accurate demand to supply numbers of any model that GW has made in its entire history.

They aren't printing these models before Warhammer plus first started in august 2021 fellas. They are printing them after they have their subscriber counts. Meaning they know precisely how many people are annual or long term subscribers and can print out the correct number of minis for them a few months before the end of the first year.

They did just hire a animator I follow on twitter onto the Hammer and Bolter team so I believe things are broadly heading in the right direction. It's just hard to know with these things when we have no actual numbers.

I actually really like Warhammer Storyforge's writing and the voice acting has for the most part been great. If they manage to nail Astartes 2 and then announce a packed set of series and a cool mini for next year then I will be a happy camper. But I suppose we will see.

Edited by twiglets

14 minutes ago, twiglets said:

It's just hard to know with these things when we have no actual numbers.

Considering GW changed their marketing not long after launch to "W+ is an exclusive club for our most dedicated customers" and now this latest push... We do not know the actuals, but they can probably be described as "not high."

1 hour ago, phandaal said:

Considering GW changed their marketing not long after launch to "W+ is an exclusive club for our most dedicated customers" and now this latest push... We do not know the actuals, but they can probably be described as "not high."

Why do you think this?

I looked it up and they refer to warhammer plus as "Warhammer+ is the ultimate subscription for Warhammer fans" on the 25th of August 2021, which is the literally the day Warhammer Plus launched, and they write these articles way in advance. 

"Warhammer+ is the ultimate subscription for Warhammer fans," is literally the same marketing they use right now, along with "More Warhammer, More often."

So I don't know what you mean, but I'll assume you are mistaken for now.

It's hard to know how warhammer plus is doing because we dont have any numbers... But we also don't know what their goals were with it. For all we know they may have had low ambitions for it and have reached their goal, or they had high ambitions and also reached that goal and surpassed it. 

The only thing we do know is that they hired on a new Animator to the Hammer and Bolter team. That costs money so they must have more money available, meaning the service is growing.

Edited by twiglets