Warhammer+ mini

You cant assume hiring means growth, 10 animators might have quit after all...

They cant laser predict things either, they have to make the things ahead of release and subscriber numbers are always changing, not everyone cares about the mini after all.

As to whether the system is going well? Ech, it certainly feels like its going poorly, the animations are still flowing like treacle uphill and none of the other content has caught my eye enough to go watch it in a looong while.

Ill sub until i get my vindicare and then probably cancel unless that chaos terminator is damn good.

15 minutes ago, twiglets said:

So I don't know what you mean, but I'll assume you are mistaken for now.

Alright, this got a sensible chuckle out of me. Reminds me of Kevin Hart in 40-Year-Old Virgin: "First of all, you throwin' too many big words at me, and because I don't understand them, I'm gonna take 'em as disrespect." :laugh:

Speaking of quotes from Kevins, here is what Kevin Rountree said on GW's half year earnings report back in January: "We view Warhammer+ as a 'club' for our most loyal fans." i.e., not many people joined so we are saying it is exclusive. Keep in mind, these are remarks intended to convey the best possible message to shareholders.

And the thing with the minis should be obvious, yeah? It was presented as an exclusive for early adopters. Now it is not. Means the numbers are low enough that someone feels like going back on the original intent is worth it if it gets more people in. 

15 minutes ago, twiglets said:

The only thing we do know is that they hired on a new Animator to the Hammer and Bolter team. That costs money so they must have more money available, meaning the service is growing.

What it means is they hired a new animator, not that their subscriber base is growing. They must know they need to deliver more content more often, which is what pretty much everyone has been saying from the start.

1 hour ago, Noserenda said:

You cant assume hiring means growth, 10 animators might have quit after all...

They cant laser predict things either, they have to make the things ahead of release and subscriber numbers are always changing, not everyone cares about the mini after all.

As to whether the system is going well? Ech, it certainly feels like its going poorly, the animations are still flowing like treacle uphill and none of the other content has caught my eye enough to go watch it in a looong while.

Ill sub until i get my vindicare and then probably cancel unless that chaos terminator is damn good.

They can predict things pretty much laser accurately. The people who they plan for are either A. Annual subscribers who have already paid the full amount and will be getting it no matter what. Or B. monthly subs who have invested for at least 9 or more months and are unlikely to quit when they are so close to the end of the year. 

True, I cant assume hiring means growth. But I'm optimistic.

"I'm having a blast seeing the work of such crazy talented team. These guys are :cuss:ing beasts" < new animator seems upbeat lol

52 minutes ago, phandaal said:

Alright, this got a sensible chuckle out of me. Reminds me of Kevin Hart in 40-Year-Old Virgin: "First of all, you throwin' too many big words at me, and because I don't understand them, I'm gonna take 'em as disrespect." :laugh:

Speaking of quotes from Kevins, here is what Kevin Rountree said on GW's half year earnings report back in January: "We view Warhammer+ as a 'club' for our most loyal fans." i.e., not many people joined so we are saying it is exclusive. Keep in mind, these are remarks intended to convey the best possible message to shareholders.

And the thing with the minis should be obvious, yeah? It was presented as an exclusive for early adopters. Now it is not. Means the numbers are low enough that someone feels like going back on the original intent is worth it if it gets more people in. 

What it means is they hired a new animator, not that their subscriber base is growing. They must know they need to deliver more content more often, which is what pretty much everyone has been saying from the start.

A shareholder report =/= Marketing. You called it marketing. That isn't marketing. They can't exactly put "A club for our most loyal fans!" as the branding for Warhammer plus. The marketing department would just flat out tell them go to hell lmao. 

Honestly "Warhammer+ is the ultimate subscription for Warhammer fans" sounds like the marketing department version of that and that has literally always been Warhammer pluses marketing. They want the loyal fans, but they are open to newcomers.

"And the thing with the minis should be obvious, yeah? It was presented as an exclusive for early adopters."

When and where was that said? The Mini was an absolutely core part of the service always. It's on all the marketing material they produced as a "this is warhammer plus" and not "we are doing this as a once off and never again."

Edited by twiglets

13 minutes ago, twiglets said:

When and where was that said? The Mini was an absolutely core part of the service always. It's on all the marketing material they produced as a "this is warhammer plus" and not "we are doing this as a once off and never again."

Not trying to be mean or trick you here. All of this stuff was widely broadcast to the public.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/23/warhammer-is-unmissable-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/

"A free exclusive Citadel miniature worth at least £25* every year on the anniversary of your subscription."

Note - "on the anniversary of your subscription." In other words, the model which was just made available to anyone right away was originally marketed as a model that people who subscribed at launch would get after the first year. Anyone else would have to wait until their first year was up, so the people who joined early would get it first.

Now it is - please subscribe now and we will not even make you wait.

58 minutes ago, phandaal said:

Not trying to be mean or trick you here. All of this stuff was widely broadcast to the public.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/23/warhammer-is-unmissable-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/

"A free exclusive Citadel miniature worth at least £25* every year on the anniversary of your subscription."

Note - "on the anniversary of your subscription." In other words, the model which was just made available to anyone right away was originally marketed as a model that people who subscribed at launch would get after the first year. Anyone else would have to wait until their first year was up, so the people who joined early would get it first.

Now it is - please subscribe now and we will not even make you wait.

Ah, I thought thought you meant the mini was just one mini only forever to get people in and then they later changed it to be an annual mini. 

Now I see what you mean. And I mean, It's not like people are able to just pay for a month to get this mini, they have to pay for a full entire year at once which means they are paying the same amount as people who waited the full year. It's just a timer skip.

Would a profit driven company do this whether plus was doing badly, decently, or well? I would totally do that if I was in charge lol. It's easy fomo money.

Edited by twiglets

On 7/6/2022 at 10:53 AM, Emperor Ming said:

For anyone who's been a long-time subscriber, 

Did anyone ever find out what: 'premium access to all our events' was?:unsure:

or subscriber based offers:ermm:

At the Seattle Open you could get a game of Kill Team Live at no additional cost if you were a subscriber.

Looks like the event link still works: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/us-open-seattle-kill-team-live-tickets-291975565777

On 7/13/2022 at 9:18 PM, twiglets said:

And I mean, It's not like people are able to just pay for a month to get this mini, they have to pay for a full entire year at once which means they are paying the same amount as people who waited the full year. It's just a timer skip.

If people want to be scummy, they can definitely pay for annual sub even a day before end date of this "promo", get the miniature and they have 120 days to issue a chargeback on their VISA/Mastercard. Chargebacks are usually resolved towards the paying customer, not the seller, even on a "I changed my mind, don't want this subscription service anymore" basis. Nobody at VISA/Mastercard will care that GW sent you a promotional mini. That's their problem.

37 minutes ago, Reclusiarch Krieg said:

If people want to be scummy, they can definitely pay for annual sub even a day before end date of this "promo", get the miniature and they have 120 days to issue a chargeback on their VISA/Mastercard. Chargebacks are usually resolved towards the paying customer, not the seller, even on a "I changed my mind, don't want this subscription service anymore" basis. Nobody at VISA/Mastercard will care that GW sent you a promotional mini. That's their problem.

I get your point and I expect this to happen as well, but I also expect that they will find a way to get their money. Imho this is not very different from buying on their webstore, receive the goods and then do a chargeback…

I’m sure that happens as well and they know how to take care of it

edit: anyway, I got mine, so I don‘t really care what others are hypothetical going to do

Edited by excelite

Thanks for the suggestion of using the online chat, its :cuss marvellous. I have sent 5+ emails over the last year trying to cancel the automatic charge for next year with no reply at all and "BT" on the live chat does it in 30 seconds without it cancelling my sub. They also put a stop on any fears of loosing the ability to order the model after the year(No longer subbed, so the website sees you as not subbed and locks you from ordering it) which I had with their wording of "sending it on the eve" of your first year.

Just for clarification they said that you should get the email and then you need to go order it. Its not automatic and you need to go on the site to get it.

Edited by Black_Knight

1 hour ago, The_Chaplain said:

I logged into my account this morning to see how long I had on the mini countdown- and cannot find it?  I'm on android mobile, anyone know which tab its in? 

I had this problem too, thought I was going insane. 

if you login to the webstore and go to the page for the model you ordered (they’re in the ‘Promotional Items’ section for 40k and AOS) it’ll tell you when you can order yours from. Mine says 31 August. If you look when logged out it invites you to subscribe instead. 

3 hours ago, AlexAbroad said:

I had this problem too, thought I was going insane. 

if you login to the webstore and go to the page for the model you ordered (they’re in the ‘Promotional Items’ section for 40k and AOS) it’ll tell you when you can order yours from. Mine says 31 August. If you look when logged out it invites you to subscribe instead. 

Cheers! That's not a bad place to stick it- but wish they had mentioned it in an email or something

Has anyone received the Assassin yet? I want to know how easy/ hard it is to magnetize the assassin so that it can be used with or without the statue. It's been my plan since I subbed. I want to use the statue independently as an alternative for the Sororitas Battle Sanctum while the assassin stalks the battlefield.  

12 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

Has anyone received the Assassin yet? I want to know how easy/ hard it is to magnetize the assassin so that it can be used with or without the statue. It's been my plan since I subbed. I want to use the statue independently as an alternative for the Sororitas Battle Sanctum while the assassin stalks the battlefield.  

I haven't got it yet but have seen the sprue. The assassin's body with legs and feet are fixed on the ledge and legs of the statue. This can easily be solved by using a modeling or jewelry saw to cut the feet away. You can then put the assassin on a normal base. I'm going to put magnets in his feet so I can swap him from a normal base to the statue for displaying the model.

22 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

Here you go- magnetized pretty easy, though I put a small strip of plastic in the back of the statue portion to hide my taller-than-I-thought magnets.

pWpFPWO.jpeg

PAc57U4.jpeg

Cjp3uPr.jpeg

Edited by Lord_Ikka

So no luck yet. Gw customer service doesn't understand that I can't re order my order on the site and my order disappeared from there system....

Sigh.

Time to do a 3rd set of emails showing their it issue.

I honestly doubt I'll even get the mini I was supposed to get with this, at this point. :/