The Hekatonystika: Ist Legion Tactica

Slips

8 hours ago, Galron said:

Swapped the Cenobium out with Deathwing Companions. I would add a thunderhammer but I dont want to cut up the resin lol

Swapped the Contemptor out with a meltacannon contemptor since I still have a few monopose ones left from BaC.

Destroyers do have jump packs

Not sure what kind of line I can add that has assault ability besides assault marines. Dropping a tac squad really only gives me enough points for a 10 man assault squad geared up with power fist and 2 axes and sgt with art armor. Is a ten man worth the effort?

Going to print up some tartaros and great swords. Weirdly enough battlescribe doesnt have Marduk capable of taking tartaros terminators as companions so I will have to finger fudge it I suppose

Stick a Herald with Marduk and the Companions. Line, Fear and Fearless is ridiculous value, plus you can make him the warlord to get around Marduks useless warlord trait. That gives you the aggressive Line unit and with 4 total Line units you are in playable territory. I would Drop the Dreadnought Pod to pay for him, with the new missions those things are too unreliable anyways

Hmm Now I am trying to figure out why Marduk can take a cataphract squad but not a tartaros squad of companions. Kind of annoying as I want the sweep and 5++ but dont want to waste time with shields and buying stupidly expensive companions in power armor. Gotta find a way to convert some dudes with greatswords. Thats annoying since I have a full box of cataphractii.

So I added the herald, 8 companions with 7 T-greatswords, all riding in a land raider.

I dropped the drop pod and given that it is now foot slogging, it is now duel wielding grav bombards.

Edited by Galron

Technically I don’t think he can take a cataphractii armor companion squad either as his armor is listed as ‘regalia of the shattered sceptre’ not standard cataphractii armor. This is a part of the tartaros & cataphractii terminator companions retinue rule they have. 

Thats why I just ended up giving him regular companions with great swords. Gotta find some good STL files to print since the GW set doesnt appear to come with a proper selection of wargear and I would have to convert them anyway.

On 6/10/2024 at 7:41 AM, Galron said:

Hmm Now I am trying to figure out why Marduk can take a cataphract squad but not a tartaros squad of companions. Kind of annoying as I want the sweep and 5++ but dont want to waste time with shields and buying stupidly expensive companions in power armor. Gotta find a way to convert some dudes with greatswords. Thats annoying since I have a full box of cataphractii.

So I added the herald, 8 companions with 7 T-greatswords, all riding in a land raider.

I dropped the drop pod and given that it is now foot slogging, it is now duel wielding grav bombards.

First Abaddon and now Marduk. What's with GeeDubs giving sweep to cataphractii fellas? Reminds me of the cenobites plasma overwatch back in 1.0 that had to be FAQ'd