The Kyroptera: VIIIth Legion Tactica

Slips

4 hours ago, SyNidus said:

Cheers for this.

Looking at this...I actually really really like this, being able to gang up on an enemy character in challenge is pretty flavourful. And if we get to swing at i10, that's even better, give em a couple of Chainblades and you'd be hitting with a lot of breaching attacks before they get a chance to swing. And if just one of those gets through, you could be looking at Sgt down.

In terms of actual tactics, I think they still function the same way despoiler squads do.

Personally, I'm not sure how I would fit them in my current list, if the game moves towards more progressive scoring style missions (where having more line units becomes even more crucial), then I'd be looking to include a squad in my list. Though, seeing as how my list is a mechanized list, I'm not sure how well they would fit in as they'd have to ride in a rhino.

EDIT:

So I've had a chance to look at the actual rules, they keep Spite. But I'm not too keen on the fact that every model HAS to swap their chainsword for Killer's Blades (basically, breaching 6+ combat knives). This means that we won't be able to swap in 2 of the squad's chainswords for power weapons.

It's a bit of a sidegrade. On one hand, the 2 guys ganging up on the enemy character hit at initiative 10...which could be amazing if you manage to get the unmodified wound of a 6 for their 6 attacks (1A base + charging + 2CCW). There's a chance of them cutting down the character and freeing up your sgt to be able to put his own attacks into the enemy squad. Also, it is arguable to the killer's blades aren't too bad for this role because even if you swapped for power weapons (with a normal despoiler squad), none of the power weapons provide native AP2 (except for the axe, which defeats the whole purpose of striking at I10). 

Might still have to give it a try. 

The goonhammer review is a bit shallow in a lot of ways, as you've found out lol.

I look at them as a breaching delivery vehicle more than anything. Just some quick math shows despoilers average 7.42 unsaved wounds vs standard marines; inductii average 5.1 breaches and 3.3 unsaved wound. The challenge gangup is cool and all, but it's more of a nice bonus to have in the pocket.

I used 2 units of 15 yesterday, and basically ran into all their rules but the challenge; one unit failed their first morale test and ran right off the board after two more turns of failing (on me for not taking vexilas), while the other unit was able to grind down some castellax with attached archmagos and then cleaned up some tacticals when they charged with Spite. 

For 10 points a model there's very little to complain about, especially as the most attractive rites tend to fill up the compulsory troops with elite units, circumventing support in a way. Also when they get to double up on bloody Murder and Spite.

And there is still a bit of wiggle room with their wargear. You can swap for plasma pistols/volkite/hand flamers still, and the seargent can drop his pistol for a double melee load out.

• 4 months later...

Speaking about Inductii, does anyone know how true this statement is "you can still do the power weapon options because you choose the order you go through the weapon options" see 1:06:00 of the Terrain Kickers Podcast.

The idea being that you swap the chainswords out before being forced to swap them for killers blades.

It sounds gamey - but some at initiative+ AP2 would be reeeeeal nice considering how lackluster our legion special weapons can be.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep tinkering on a list with Sevatar (still) and now that I am already dipping into Cataphractii with my main Terror list, why not? I am mostly there already - just need a few more models to be good to go.

How does this look?

HQ:
Librarian
Telepathy
[105]

Master of Signals
[95]

Sevatar (Libby)
Tartaros Command Squad
Standard Bearer w/ Thunder Hammer
4x Tartaros w/ TLCs
(Dedicated) Land Raider Proteus
Hull TL Lascannon
[680]

Elites:
Contemptor Dreadnought
Lascannon, Grav Gun
[210]

Contemptor Dreadnought
Lascannon, Grav Gun
[210]

Apothecary
Artificer
[55]

Troops:
Recon Squad
Augury Scanner, Nemesis Bolters
[145]

Recon Squad
Augury Scanner, Nemesis Bolters
[145]

(10) Cataphractii Terminators [LINE]
Sarge w/ TH, Trophies
6x Magna Combi Weapons & Power Axes
2x Chainfists & Combi-Bolters
1x Power Axe & Combi-Bolter
[430]

(10) Cataphractii Terminators [LINE]
Sarge w/ TH, Trophies
6x Magna Combi Weapons & Power Axes
2x Chainfists & Combi-Bolters
1x Power Axe & Combi-Bolter
[430]

Fast Attack:
(2) Javelins
MM & Las
[210]

Heavy:
(10) Legion Heavy Support (Apoth, MoS)
Lascannons, Artificer
[285]

[3000]

On 10/17/2023 at 1:18 AM, Helix said:

Speaking about Inductii, does anyone know how true this statement is "you can still do the power weapon options because you choose the order you go through the weapon options" see 1:06:00 of the Terrain Kickers Podcast.

The idea being that you swap the chainswords out before being forced to swap them for killers blades.

It sounds gamey - but some at initiative+ AP2 would be reeeeeal nice considering how lackluster our legion special weapons can be.

It kinda goes directly against the rules for inductii on page 225:

These templates are applied to a unit when the unit is chosen during army selection, before any options are selected for the unit.

You apply the template before picking any options, so night lord inductii are locked out of power weapons. 

Edit: completely different topic, but not going to make a double post; the Atrementar changes are the lightning claw options going down by 5 points. This means a single claw is free and two claws are 10, putting them only 45 points over tartaros with singles and 70 points over with doubles :teehee:.

All the other baffling choices made in their umm, "original" 2nd incarnation remain there; completely average statlines, oddly high points, very restrictive applications of Cloaked in Murder (can't have attached characters and need to tee them up with another unit). Kinda makes you wonder how the people that reverse engineered them over (as GW claims the 2nd Ed rules were the originals) came away with such a different looking unit. One that doesn't make you feel depressed thinking about calling them the special unit over normal terminators.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

Im slowly working on a Night Lord Terror Assault list now that the new box just came out and my DA project is winding down. Its mostly a labor of love since HH has kind of faded in my area and I dont have time to get games in all the time. I do enjoy painting dark blue and trying to get lightning right.

Sevatar

Contekar retinue  with sgt with claw and Land raider

Apothcaryx2. One with a jet bike, one with jump pack

10 Cataphractii preysight, 2 thunderhammers, 2 chainfists, 2 lightning claws, the rest power axes, + augury scanner and vexilla

10 Night Raptors 2 melta guns, 3 lightning claws, 2 chain glaives, the rest chain swords

Tactical squad x10 rhino with a lightning claw on sgt 

Tactical support squad x10 with plasmaguns, rhino, preysight, art armor on sgt + vexilla

Terror Squad preysight and 3 rotor cannons

Seeker Squad x10 preysight rhino, art armor on sgt

Skyhunter squad x6 plasma cannons, and art armor on sgt

Deredeo with plasma cannonade, ailos missile launcher, twinlinked heavy bolter and preysight.

Currently painting up loose models left over from my dark angels before I crack open new boxes so as of now I have 5 cata terms, some plasma dudes and night raptors built and in the painting process. I have more dudes in my old box(I have had night lords for going on 30 years now.) I'll check those before I build anything new new to see what I need.

So how does this look? Seems fairly mobile to me, it has decent fire power if not outstanding. I was on the fence about the tactical support squad as to whether it should be plasma or melta. Its funny how fast 3000 points can disappear when you throw in a 10 man block of terminators.

If you are painting it as a labor of love then I'd say don't worry to much about how effective it may be. It looks fun, there are many varied units, So just some observations from me:

On 11/2/2023 at 6:39 PM, Galron said:

it has decent fire power if not outstanding

Right, there is some considerable firepower between all the plasmas and seekers. However, there really isn't much to threaten vehicles beside the LR's lascannons.

Terror squad looks a bit bare-bones. Its usefulness or lack thereof aside (I also don't care, I'm currently assembling 2 squads of my own), maybe consider giving them *something*, maybe some Chainblades, sarge w/ some upgrades?

In my casual opinion tactical support squad is not too appealing, they are really rather expensive - your squad costs close to what people pay for the ubiquitous and utterly devastating heavy support squad with lascannons. Unlike it however, you have to be much closer (and they are fragile for such a cost), and you can't really hurt vehicles. Of course, we are limited here to only 1 HS slot, so that can't be helped. Your tactical support squad can definitely be dangerous, but it's expensive, vulnerable, rather short ranged, kinda does >12" similar job as seekers. and plasma is worse this ed (Breaching 'stead of ap2 and 2W vets and termis).

But there is a silver lining - it is the best solution you have in the list for the ever-present dreadnoughts and it can be a useful distraction.

Contekar would get a nice buff from Sev's trait it they were to deep strike, it's like +40% dead marines from shooting on their opening salvo. They are not terrible in melee but alas, they are simply lacklustre against enemy heavy infantry (Commands sq, Termis, Unique units), they'd much rather bully some power armoured units instead. So it is completely believable that in a "mirror match" (Sev+Contekar vs enemy Praetor+retinue), Sev will win the duel but Contekar will get slaughtered.

Edited by Lautrec the Embraced

Yeah I only have the one heavy slot open, plus in my area there is a dim view of taking lascannon heavy squads. One will be tolerated(with some harsh words), two could cause people to not play you, similar to bringing two Scorpius tanks. We also have a home rule on no more than one shooting reaction per unit per turn(which includes the free augury scanner reaction) which greatly increases the variety of armies and rites of war that are viable. Drop pod assault isnt an ista-lose rite as the opponent shoots more with one squad than the attacking squad gets to shoot on his own turn.

Its a toss up on plasma or melta for the tactical support squad. I might build both eventually and see what works best. I really want to make a Heavy flamer HSS work but cant see any viable means outside zone mortalis.

I have reworked the list a little. I dropped the deredo dread and replaced it with a 10 man heavy support squad with autocannons and preysight, an apothecary and a master of signals. I also swapped the jet bikes to multi-meltas and removed their apothecary who was there mostly to help with their previous plasma being deadly.

Further, I broke the Contekar away from the command squad and gave them Heavy Flamers and will have them deep strike for the bonus. I think the flamers have a better stat line than the volkite weapons they come with. Then I created a new command squad with a standard and tossed them into the land raider. These all have twin lightning claws and volkite chargers aside from the SB who just has a claw and pistol. I anticipate these as a medium to light unit blender.

To afford these changes however I did have to drop the cataphracti termies to 5 dudes, the Terror squad that really didnt have a role, and a couple tactical support guys. 

Do the raptors lose Bloody Murder if I have the jump pack apothecary with them?

Edited by Galron

• 5 weeks later...

I have changed my plan as a friend gave me three dread claws. Now I have to find a Kharybdis stl, I think with the way my local group plays it should do ok especially as I have noticed that pinning takes place before interceptor although its never something to rely on. Dont know, Im just digging painting blue and lightning bolts lately. I have been bouncing back and forth between Dark angels and Night Lords for the drop pod assault so all the pods I have are primed black right now which is the base color for both legions the way I paint them lol.

The Centurion is there because I have the model. I am sticking him with the Contekar but as for being a chaplain, Im not really sure if thats the best job for him so advice on what might work better would be cool.

3k Drop pod assault

Sevatar

5 Cataphractii retinue with standard 3 thunder hammers and 2 with paired lightning claws riding in the Kharybdis

10 Tartaros Terminators with standard, 3 thunder hammers, 2 chainfists, 2 paired lightning claws, 2 power axe guys, and a fist riding in the Kharybdis

Chaplain in tartaros armor with master crafter chain glaive and combi-bolter

Contekar x5 with sgt with the claw- dread claw 

Contemptor with  gravis melta and fist  + melta  dread claw preysight

Tactical Squad art armor and vexilla in a drop pod

Tactical Squad art armor and vexilla in a drop pod

Tactical Support Squad(plasma) x10 with art armor and vexilla in a drop pod preysight

Seeker squad x10 with art armor in a drop pod preysight

Kharybdis

Leviathan with phosphex, melta lance, claw, TL volkite calivers preysight

Dreadnought drop pod

So I end up with 225 points remaining. I am not sure what else to spend it on. I wont have enough for another dreadnought with pod, that would be my go to. The chaplain is removable if needed which would bring me up to 355 available. I have a Deredeo and another Contemptor I could put together. Or I can buff up Sevie's command squad quite a bit. I currently have 6 high threat items my opponent would have to deal with. I have the models sitting around that I can build most general things. Any suggestions?

Edit: After some thought, I decided I likes tartaros armor better for looks and I have some STL files for those lion shoulder pads I can print that look pretty snazzy. So I am doing a 10 man Tartaros command squad with Sevie with three thunder hammers, 2 chain fists, 2 power axes, 2 paired lightning claws and a power fist. Then with my remaining points, just a simple duplicate Tactical squad which came out to 3k even.

Still have 6 major threats and 8 chances to pin on impact. I think the army has pretty good style and will look good on the table. 

Currently built and painted are the Tactical squads, support squad and am currently working on the seekers. All the drop pods are built but unpainted and I at least own everything else aside from the Tartaros squad and the Kharybdis. 

Edited by Galron

• 2 weeks later...

*** EDIT - found the definitive answer to my own question on page 225 of Siege of Cthonia, but I’ll leave this in case anyone else wonders the same thing and needs the info ***

Weird question with inductii that seems specific to NL (and the other legions that force a new Wargear over the chainsword) -

Am I correct in my interpretation that night lords inductii can’t swap their killer’s blades for special weapons at the 1 per 5 ratio that normal despoilers would be able to? It seems that the core book FAQ would indicate that we can’t swap the required Wargear as if it were the piece of named Wargear that could normally be swapped (in this case chainswords.)

if I am correct that was quite a bummer, I was hoping to at least give a charn saber or power sword or something to the sarge 

Edited by Kain Mor
Found answer to question

Night Lords Inductii: 

Wargear: 'All models in a unit modified by the Night Lords Legion Inductii template must replace their chainswords with killer's blades at no additional cost.'

Despoiler Squad:  'The Legion Despoiler Sergeant may exchange a bolt pistol and/or chainsword for one of the following options: ... '

So, the sergeant can still swap out their bolt pistol. 

• 1 month later...

Finally I'm gonna start painting my AOD box, have more or less decided on a 3k list. I actually like HH rules more than 8th edition and up rules (my first edition was 8th, I'm relatively new to the hobby).

My List:

Spoiler

NIGHT LORDS
RITE OF WAR: Terror Assault

(units are with stock wargear unless noted)

HQ:
- 150 Praetor (Thunder Hammer) [Warlord, Jadhek Clanlord]
- 137 Centurion Librarian (Volkite Charger, Power weapon, Telepathy, Prey Sight)
- 95 Master of Signals

TROOPS:
- 180 Tactical Squad (x14 Tacticals, Artificer Armour, Sgt. Lightning Claw, x5 Chain bayonets, vexilla)
- 190 Tactical Squad (x15 Tacticals, Artificer Armour, Sgt. Lightning Claw, x5 Chain bayonets, vexilla)
- 150 Recon Squad (x5 recons, x5 Nemesis Bolter, Prey Sight)
- 135 Recon Squad (x5 recons, x5 Nemesis Bolter)
- 360 Night Raptors (x10 Night Raptors, x1 Dual LC, x2 LC, x4 Power Swords, Artificer Armour)

ELITES:
- 225 Contemptor Talon (x1 Contemptor, x1 Gravis Lascannon, x1 meltagun, Prey Sight)
- 225 Contemptor Talon (x1 Contemptor, x1 Gravis Lascannon, x1 meltagun, Prey Sight)
- 425 Cataphractii Terminators Squad (x10 terminators, 4x Power fists, 2x Dual Lightnings Claws, x2 Lightning Claw, x2 chainfist)
- 440 Spartan (dedicated transport Cataphractii, Flare Shield, Front Lascannon, Prey Sight)

HEAVY SUPPORT:
- 275 Leviathan Dreadnought (claw and drill)

TOTAL: 2987

As I'm new to HH, I don't have a big collection of units, so the list is more of a mix of miniatures I would like to own/paint that are in plastic. The list only needs me to buy 3 kits: I'm gonna use the new MKVI assault squad for the Night Raptors (with some terror heads, flayed skin and lots of lightning), a Contemptor and a Leviathan. Later on I might get more kits. I feel the list doesn't have that many units to work with, and many units have very high points. And so I come seeking advice and opinions.

HQs: Maybe 3 HQs is too much, but I kinda like to have the MOS to ensure the night raptors come when I want, disrupts enemy deep strike units (since I can decide each turn when to turn off the vox disruptor array, so I just turn it off the turn I want to play my raptors). Also the MOS has the Strategic Comms ability, that lets me use his Ld 9 for other units (Reading the rules I imagine that you can use the MOS Ld before other modifiers are applied, like night fighting or fear. If it allowed me to use it without modifiers It would be too nice haha). The MOS goes with one of the recon squads to take advantage from the cognis signum, and save some points by not paying for prey sight. The librarian well, no need to explain that, but don't have many squads for him to join, so he will go with one of the tactical squads. The Praetor will just go with the terminators, to give the unit some additional punch.

TROOPS: I want to have Tacticals, yeah I know they aren't the best choice, but I'm a simple warrior at heart. Does it make sense to give them vexillas? I could just save 20 point. As they are Night Lords I want the sergeants to have a lightning claw. The Recons are gonna deploy in my backfield, taking max advantage of night fighting and Nemesis Bolters range.

ELITES: The Cataphractii..... they came with the AOS box, and I really like them, again I like Lightning claws. I could change the chainfists and try to model 2 TH, or just give those 2 powerfists and save some points. They are already quite expensive as they are...

And about the Night Raptors, their weird power sword loadout is because I'm using spare swords that I already have in plastic, and The unit at 360 is already way too expensive. The ideal loadout would be dual LC I think.

The 2 contemptors, there is not much to be said, I just really like the model, I have the one that came with the AOS box, and getting another one gives me the full weapon loadout (will magnetize everything).

HEAVY SUPPORT: Ah yes, the Leviathan, I'm a simple man, I just want to build and paint one. My chunky boy would be a slow lad, so I'm thinking of putting him on the middle of the board or in front of some dangerous prey, and pray that the night fighting protects him enough to get close and do something. The more competitive choice would be a Scorpius, that in turn would allow me to field a Skyhunter Squadron with MM and deep strike them with the raptors, further improving the value of the MOS, maybe they can be a future purchase. I even considered an very subpar choice like a Sicaran (I also like the model), but the Leviathan Looks great and won the battle in my heart.

TRANSPORT: The Spartan came with the box (lol), and since he is quite expensive, I want that flare shield.

I don't have much of a plan to play the army, just try to wing it with 3 dreads, the raptors as a counter punch Unit, the Terminators as a tar pit unit, and well.... see what happens. My antitank would be the 3 dreads and the Spartan, not that great, but serviceable. Maybe if I get the Scorpius and the Skyhunter Squadron (I actually want to have some and paint them) I can add variation to the list.

So what do you guys think? any advice?

Between the 3 Dreads, 10 Snipers and the Libby you have a solid amount of power at the very least. 

However a lot of units are either over- or inefficiently equipped.

Single LCs are universally a bad deal so I would upgrade the ones on the terminators to pairs.

The MoS doesn't do a lot for your list unless you're hellbent on deepstriking the raptors, (don't) 95 points is too much for +1 BS on a 135 point unit (that also looses infiltrate in this manouvre) 

I think you're overpaying for your tacticals, a lightning claw on the sarge for style is fine but you can easily cut the bayonets. Also they would really like apothecaries.

Meltas on Contemptors are too expensive. Stick with the Bolters or give them Grav-Guns.

The Leviathan needs a gun so he can contribute from turn 1, he's too expensive not too.

Power swords worse across almost every metric than most other power weapons. Lances on the other hand are quite nice and can be converted from AoD swords with relative ease.

Lastly, the Libby is incredibly unfun to play against and there is nothing in your list that necessitates his presence. Maybe find another unit to spend those points on in the name of good sportsmanship. A Herald for the terminators would be excellent for example 

Edited by Razorblade

Razorblade covered most of it pretty well; some inefficient wargear over a pretty efficient core.

Chain bayonets are kinda eh. Vexillas are usually a good buy if you're looking to hit combat or camping close to the edge, but the big thing on the character-less unit is lacking anything to mitigate the night fight you'll be imposing. Ld 7 isn't fun to gamble on.

Single lightning claws aren't necessarily bad. But it depends how much you're paying for them; same as a power weapon? Totally fine. +5 over a power weapon? Not that good. Shred and rending is honestly better than anything but the power spears imo.

I'd aim to free up some points for augury on the recon unit without the MoS. The free intercept is very, very good.

Mos is definitely the biggest luxury buy. Deepstrike deterrence can just be done with interceptor with pinning. The raptors are too many points in one place not to get interceptord as well, so deepstriking shouldn't be the default.

Put the contemptors in a talon and save 15 on the prey sight.

The warlord trait is...whatever. Not a very good one. Counter attack is fine, not losing charge distance is fine, but you can just...not get charged with the night lords reaction. Or take the vanilla one that gives pinning and overwatch with your brick.

Idk, it's mostly just optimization nitpicks. It's theoretically strong enough into most things and doesn't really have critical handicap units holding it back.

Thanks Razorblade and SkimaskMohawk for the advice! I made some changes, and ended up with 2 list, one a middle stop list, and a second list when I get more Minis.

Most Notable changes, removed the MOS, reduced the wargear on the Tacticals (no  Chainbayonets, no vexilla, Sergeant with just a chainsword, and a Nuncio-vox for the squad without a character). Since there is no MOS, gave Prey sight to one recon squad and gave both recons Augury scanners. Rearranged gear on the Night Raptors, they have 2 more single LC that the tacticals won't have, and will try kit-bashing the power lances and see how they look. Gave the Contemptors Grav-guns, the free points, I dunno where to put them mostly, so grav-guns. Will use one Cataphractii body to make a Centurion Herald (fearless and line for the terminator block is pretty nice), rearranged the squad loadout. Will buy the melee Leviathan first, magnetize and probably buy just the ranged weapon sprue down the line. The Librarian stays for now, was gonna use the praetor with a sword, and he can get me playing once I paint everything.

I end up with a 2947 points list, so the 52 points can be used to split the contemptors, give the praetor an Archeotech pistol, which will only be useful if the unit gets charged and I overwatch and get a 3+ rending roll to have better chance to force a pinning test. To include another Unit I would have to cut a HQ unit, which I do in the 2nd list.

1st List:

Spoiler

TOTAL: 2947

NIGHT LORDS

HQ:
- 150 Praetor (Thunder Hammer) [Warlord, Stoic Defender]
- 137 Centurion Librarian (Volkite Charger, Power weapon, Telephaty, Prey Sight)
- 105 Cataphractii Centurion Herald (Legion Standard, Lightning Claw )

TROOPS:
- 165 Tactical Squad (x14 Tacticals, Artificer Armour, Sgt. Chainsword, Nuncio-vox)
- 165 Tactical Squad (x15 Tacticals, Artificer Armour, Sgt.  Chainsword)
- 160 Recon Squad (x5 recons, x5 Nemesis Bolter, Prey Sight, Augury Scanner)
- 360 Night Raptors (x10 Night Raptors, x1 Dual LC, x4 LC, x2 Power weapon, Artificer Armour)

ELITES:
- 435 Contemptor Talon (x2 Contemptor, x2 Gravis Lascannon, x2 Graviton Guns, Prey Sight)
- 395 Cataphractii Terminators Squad (x9 terminators, 5x Power fists, 3x Dual Lightnings Claws, x1 TH)
- 440 Spartan (dedicated transport Cataphractii, Flare Shield, Front Lascannon, Prey Sight)

HEAVY SUPPORT:
- 275 Leviathan Dreadnought (claw and drill)

The 2nd list removes the Librarian, adds a Sky-Hunter Squadron with multimeltas, gives the Leviathan a Storm cannon, and adds another Nuncio for the tacticals. I will Magnetize the contemptors, Leviathan, Sky-Hunter Squadron and one Terminator so I can make him be with Dual LC or a Herald, will have to magnetize the pauldron someway and two arms. Also will try to find a way to be able to remove the Nuncio-vox, maybe drill a small hole in the backpack and hold the Nuncio with a pin, that can be removed.... mmm will have to brainstorm that.

2nd list:

Spoiler

TOTAL: 3.000

NIGHT LORDS

HQ:
- 150 Praetor (Thunder Hammer) [Warlord, Stoic Defender]
- 105 Cataphractii Centurion Herald (Legion Standard, Lightning Claw )

TROOPS:
- 165 Tactical Squad (x14 Tacticals, Artificer Armour, Sgt. Chainsword, Nuncio-vox)
- 175 Tactical Squad (x15 Tacticals, Artificer Armour, Sgt.  Chainsword, Nuncio-vox)
- 360 Night Raptors (x10 Night Raptors, x1 Dual LC, x4 LC, x2 Power weapon, Artificer Armour)

ELITES:
- 435 Contemptor Talon (x2 Contemptor, x2 Gravis Lascannon, x2 Graviton Guns, Prey Sight)
- 395 Cataphractii Terminators Squad (x9 terminators, 5x Power fists, 3x Dual Lightnings Claws, x1 TH)

HEAVY SUPPORT:
- 280 Leviathan Dreadnought (claw, Leviathan storm cannon)

FAST ATTACK:
- 175 Sky-Hunter Squadron (x3 Sky-Hunters, 3x Multi-melta, Prey Sight)

I already have the AOD box, Terror Heads and a box of Assault Marines. Will paint all of that first, and then get the 2nd Contemptor, Leviathan, ranged sprue and skyhunters.

Seriously thank you guys for the Help, and I'm always open for more advice!

• 3 weeks later...

The Sons of Horus armoury upgrade comes with a non-termie sized Banestrike combi-bolter.
Who is meant to use it?
As far as I know, only regular combi-bolters (not combi-weapons) can be upgraded to Banestrike cobi-bolter. But the power armored models don't have access to those.