And I Would Burn 500 Worlds...

"Put your trust only in the weapons you bear; for even those you consider closest might harbour thoughts of malice and treason under the familiar visage of a trusted brother."

qfyZRs4l.jpg?1

Unnamed Word Bearer Legionary.

pn7ofqPl.jpg?1

Unidentified firearm. Speculated to be a Khaladine pattern bolt rifle.

sxgNVTLl.jpg?1

Torso plate bears superficial damage, likely from previous engagement.

FuwwRMwh.jpg

Edited by Brother Dallo

Thanks Pearson73. 
This log will follow my slow grow Heresy project.

I’d previously sworn off anything bigger than a skirmish game, but they say the Heresy Train has no brakes.
I’m using the 3rd party bodies from Tortuga Bay, as I prefer the scale.

I’m currently working on building a small Zone Mortalis force to fight General Zodd’s Imperial Fists later in the summer. Currently working on a no frills Tactical Squad as scoring units seem to be very important in Heresy.

Brother Alpharius here is my only completed Marine, but I’ve a batch of ten in various stages of completeness, so expect to see them over the coming days and weeks.

Dallo

6 hours ago, Brother Dallo said:

32nzKGdl.jpg

This is a character I've put together for my Word Bearers. He can be anything from Tactical Sgt to Librarian to Praetor. I expect he'll see the table in my upcoming ZM game.

WPDXoDql.jpg

C&C welcome.

Dallo

So much going on with the back...

but the front is just plain and unadorned...maybe add a belt pouch and a knife to the hip for sacrifices...?

That’s some interesting feedback. Not something I’d considered, so thanks.

I actually quite like the relatively understated look of the model. I used the fancy backpack as it was glued to the cloak at the time. Do you think replacing it with a plainer 30k one would help?

Alternatively, I could add a detail or two to the belt, but I’d keep it separate for painting at any rate. We’ll see.

As these are 30k Word Bearers, I didn’t want to go overboard with the Chaos details.

Thank for commenting.

Dallo

15 hours ago, Brother Dallo said:

That’s some interesting feedback. Not something I’d considered, so thanks.

I actually quite like the relatively understated look of the model. I used the fancy backpack as it was glued to the cloak at the time. Do you think replacing it with a plainer 30k one would help?

Alternatively, I could add a detail or two to the belt, but I’d keep it separate for painting at any rate. We’ll see.

As these are 30k Word Bearers, I didn’t want to go overboard with the Chaos details.

Thank for commenting.

Dallo

if you have blue tact I would use small amounts to put some scrolls and "oath of the moments" on the armor...skulls? stuff like that...

• 1 year later...

I've signed up for a 1.5k points Heresy Event in mid-January, so I'm reviving this thread to document my painting progress and help to motivate me to finish the force.

Brother Ralpharius is no longer on his own.

large.WBTac1.jpg.48a3c536fb61d2cf68f7a3ec9b7fd21d.jpg

I've got the full ten man squad to tabletop standard.

large.WBTac1Full.jpg.1fc2e524cfab8f84ce3b37b8568318d5.jpg

The plan is to get all of the models a basecoat, transfers and wash, to be ready for the event. Once I've got everyone done to this basic standard (shown above), I'll be able to circle back and add some additional details like eye lenses, highlights etc. 

This will be my first game in HHv2, so I'm looking forward to it.

C&C welcome.

Dallo

Edited by Brother Dallo

Thanks.

The current plan is to get 1.5k painted up which looks pretty from three feet away. 

Once I get that sorted, I’ll see what time I have left.

Current list is

Cataphractii Praetor

Cataphractii Command Squad (5)

Land Raider

Contemptor

Tactical Squad (10)

Tactical Squad (10)

Assault Squad (20)

Heavy Support squad (5)

Everything is built (heads, packs and shoulderpads left off for painting), 95% is primed and a decent chunk is on the way to completion.

I’m learning to hate applying transfers to Marine shoulder pads. Flat surfaces are fine. Those pads? Less so. 

Dallo

Thank you Firedrake Cordova.

Base is some torn up cork floor tile, with a spare shoulder pad piece to add a little visual interest.

For now, the bases are just Black Templar over a grey prime. It gets them done nice and quickly and doesn’t detract from the models. Once I get the list painted, I may return and give them a drybrush to make them pop.

Dallo