who is hopping on to the votann train!?!

Triszin

I definitely will. 

Maybe not in the building and painting kind of way but surely in terms of lore and stuff.

Eager to see some painted ones in here and engage in discussions about this new and intriguing faction!

Dwarves were always my thing and I'm all down for tmthe Voltann leagues!

I'm at least getting some of the vehicles. The sagitaur looks amazing. I'm hoping for an actual train or blimp model though. 

Weither I dive right into Votann will (like the Tau before) depend on the Crusade rules. Like to see what system they made for them.

Not for me.

I loved the old Squats ad had a big army of them in Epic. Land Trains, Gyrocopters and steampunk Airships all the way. LoV just don't do it for me, they have taken out all the classic design cues. It is fair enough that they want LoV to be their own thing and not tied to a 30-year-old aesthetic that most players don't even remember. But LoV just aren't what I hoped they would be. I will leave them to other players who aren't carrying squat baggage.

Edited by Karhedron

49 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Not for me.

I loved the old Squats ad had a big army of them in Epic. Land Trains, Gyrocopters and steampunk Airships all the way. LoV just don't do it for me, they have taken out all the classic design queues. It is fair enough that they want LoV to be their own thing and not tied to a 30-year-old aesthetic that most players don't even remember. But LoV just aren't what I hoped they would be. I will leave them to other players who aren't carrying squat baggage.

It's such a shame that the Squat design motifs are basically gone entirely considering Grendl felt like an awesome update of the originals and was halfway between both the classic aesthetic and the Leagues aesthetic.

Demiurgs, Squats and the Leagues are supposed to be linked, right?
If they end up having some keywords or rules (like brood brothers, agent of the imperium, harlequins travelling players, upcoming 25% daemons in a chaos list)  that allow them to be played in a Tau Empire list, I definitely will. 

Otherwise I doubt I’ll start them for now. Too many armies and ongoing projects.

Definitely at this point. The return of the Squats has me genuinely more excited for 40k than at any point in the last 6-7 years. This (plus the Heresy stuff, which is also rather welcome) is making 2022 the biggest year in the hobby for me since 5th edition SW in 2009. I've liked pretty much everything they've previewed so far, with only a few small caveats (like how stable the hover bike will be on the base and 'how many full helmets will we get in the kits?') plus the obligatory low level grognard grumble about the rename (though original Squats were a bit before my time, so this is just a general grumble about GW renaming everything to be more obviously copyrightable). Though is has to be said 'Leagues of Votann' is much better as a name imo than stuff like 'Astra Milatarum', so even that is about as good as it gets.

So yeah, pretty hyped :laugh:.

I may get some models, but probably not enough for a whole army.  I would love to have some Kill Team rules for them - it seems like they would be really fun to play with some of their (anticipated) esoteric equipment.

The aesthetic is not for me, and I'm in on 2E 30k after being in during 1E as well as the Chaos releases for 40k.

However, I'm glad to see something other people are excited for. I think that's a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Gamiel said:

Squats and Kin are linked yes. We don't know regarding the Demiurgs, to my knowledge

One of the Warcom articles said that the squats/kin gave technology to the Tau. So it wouldn't surprise me if the Demiurgs turn out to be related to Kin/Squats.

I think I will be hopping onto this train. I'm a big Dwarf fan and had a sizeable Dwarf WHFB army.  Votann look different to the old Squats but in a potentially interesting way, particularly this difference they are teasing out between Squats on human worlds and the Leagues.

The idea of the Leagues' technology being based on STCs, but without the backwards and religious angle towards it that the Imperium has, is really interesting for me, and I love the vehicle they've just previewed. Not sure yet about the infantry. I hope to see more Men of Iron though. Definitely keen on sentient robots, especially if they have some amusing rules under which they can go rogue in certain circumstances. 

Yep definitely! Sold off some old stuff so I could have funds to buy in. Long time dwarf collector and really can't wait to get them. Bought the Squat prospectors to test out some schemes and found them loads of fun. Something very satisfying seeing dwarf shapes back I the 40k setting. Looking forward to reading the lore and seeing the art.