who is hopping on to the votann train!?!

Triszin

I will definitely getting some models. But will need to wait until they are available as individual units so I can afford them (not bothered about having a viable army as I am more a collector than a player).

I'm looking forward to seeing the sprues on the the webstore (or elsewhere) so I can see how many can be made with Ironkin heads.

Well GW have finally done it.. These will be the first 40k miniatures I have bought for probably a decade, think they look great. Like the new lore too, its got some really fun, interesting ideas and also manages to be respectful of the old lore and us grognards with a few fun references in there.

A friend and I are collecting a force for 2nd edition 40k (means I can build an army for 25-30 minis and a tank or two, and I enjoy the scale/granularity of that edition) - its remarkable how well the new miniatures line up with the old Squat roster from that game.

Really on the fence with this one. Have always loved squats and thought I’d be massively hyped for the release. I find that I just find the models ok rather than amazing. Feels a bit disjointed rather than a cohesive army. I need to see some alternate takes on paint schemes to warm to them more I think. 

5 hours ago, jimbo1701 said:

Really on the fence with this one. Have always loved squats and thought I’d be massively hyped for the release. I find that I just find the models ok rather than amazing. Feels a bit disjointed rather than a cohesive army. I need to see some alternate takes on paint schemes to warm to them more I think. 

I'm not sure how I feel about it either but i get the impression whole "not a cohesive army" look is something intentional, as they're different sub-factions within League society. But to me the lack of cohesion goes beyond that to their technology styles too, which is the odd part.

Is it pre-orders starting today? I see I can select them in the GW store if I select Aus/NZ but not yet from Europe lol, I guess they will appear later today.

Going in for the whole 'while stocks last' and FOMO with these I see, although I shall be patient and wait for them to appear through independent retailers.

Codex Leagues of Votann – 9th Edition: The Goonhammer Review | Goonhammer

Goonhammer review up- after having read it, LoV look like they are going to be very hard to play against with some armies. I play Knights and Necrons, and both of those armies will suffer badly against them; Knights are going to be taking a lot of wounds with the JTs and their natural low model count (meaning more JTs piling up on limited units) and Necrons, in general, have to get as close as the Leagues to do damage meaning that they are going to be in the Votann's sights. Tau might fair better due to being able to hit at range, as might some of the Nid lists for just overwhelming masses of priority targets (20+ Warriors...), but so far Votann are really going to shake up the meta in my view. 

That is a shame, I would have also liked more robo heads. I did see there appears to be enough visor-down helmet heads to equip the whole squad (11 by my count) plus some visor up helmets. I don’t know that I’ll use the helmets for all, but I like having the option, and having extras to throw on some of the other models like the champion.

14 hours ago, fudblinker said:

That is a shame, I would have also liked more robo heads. I did see there appears to be enough visor-down helmet heads to equip the whole squad (11 by my count) plus some visor up helmets. I don’t know that I’ll use the helmets for all, but I like having the option, and having extras to throw on some of the other models like the champion.

I really wanted lots of Ironkin, not enough heads. Maybe I'll wait until Ironkin heads show up on bitzbox.

Edited by SpaceDwalin