Just a small little teaser, presumably for reveals later today (spotted on Reddit):

xHsJR0K.png

Leather and goggles, definitely some classic design elements there. He appears to have had an unfortunately run-in with some sort of Tyrannid follicle-vore. No self-respecting Squat Votann should be going into battle beardless! :biggrin.:

Just a small little teaser, presumably for reveals later today (spotted on Reddit):

xHsJR0K.png

Leather and goggles, definitely some classic design elements there. He appears to have had an unfortunately run-in with some sort of Tyrannid follicle-vore. No self-respecting Squat Votann should be going into battle beardless! :biggrin.:

It's probably meant to be a woman, thus the lack of beard.

The big coat over the armour is actually the thing I'm most excited about, lol.

It sets them apart from say, Tau, who all start to look a bit samey. I hadn't considered something like simply putting a coat or cloak etc over, but it does mean the look we've seen so far isn't set in stone (pardon the pun....)

I agree it should have a beard though, but this looks like a big, chunky, trike so I don't mind too much. :)

Looks more like a hefty ratling.

He snuck in to the biker gang, then got so caught up having fun revving his bike around that he forgot to keep his face covered.

Hmm. There's a lot of gear strapped to it, but I wonder if that might be a jetbike/hoverbike. It would fit better with the spacefaring sort of vibe they have than a dirtbike would.

I think it'll be more like a hoverbike. Be a bit weird if Primaris are floating around on all this advanced anti-grav again, but the Kin are still rolling around on three wheels despite supposedly being more advanced.

Edited by Lord Marshal

I think it'll be more like a hoverbike. Be a bit weird if Primaris are floating around on all this advanced anti-grav again, but the Kin are still rolling around on three wheels despite supposedly being more advanced.

Going off the rumour engine I'd say wheels. They use STCs which were for frontier explorers originally right?

Going off the rumour engine I'd say wheels. They use STCs which were for frontier explorers originally right?

I thought the rumour engines were the Orlock vehicles?

I thought the rumour engines were the Orlock vehicles?

Maybe. I guess we'll see in a few hours. 

Going by the handle bars it's going to be some sort of bike I'd imagine which is a shame really because that was partly the downfall of the original squats for me. I'd echo those saying it's possibly a female.

Only thing putting me off these so far is the AT-43 space gorilla vibe I get from them, still very early days though so it could change for the better.

I'm looking forward to seeing more reveals.

Now THIS actually interests me. Wasn’t a huge fan of the faction based on the foot slog’n dude we’ve seen, but this actually interests me in the faction. Probably won’t happen, but it makes hope these Votann guys make it into Necro: Ash Wastes.

Edited by Captain Smashy Pants

I'm wondering if it's either a quad or hoverbike, but then I look at that back 'axle' in the bottom right, and I can only think of the Pilgrim exocraft, from No Man's Sky.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

xHsJR0K.png

Leather and goggles, definitely some classic design elements there. He appears to have had an unfortunately run-in with some sort of Tyrannid follicle-vore. No self-respecting Squat Votann should be going into battle beardless! :biggrin.:

Lady-Dwarves have beards just as much as the men, thank you very much.

I am excited for more vehicles being released, but I'm confused why the models are under the wrong product banner. What is this 40K? What is there beyond Necromunda and it's loving embrace.

In all seriousness it should be wheeled, at least I hope it is. I'm assuming these will be dual use for 40K.and Ash wastes.

I can understand the arguments people have in favour of hover bikes; however, I think it is easier to make wheeled vehicles that look good. GW's track record on hover bikes isn't bad- the Custodes and Eldar bikes are fine.

But Primaris and Admech hover tanks look terrible to me, and if there is even a remote chance that Votann gear will take design cues from these models, I will take wheels all day and everyday, thank you very much.