[DH1e] The Damocles Contingency (OOC)

Mazer Rackham

Personally, just a bit of googling.

For Reynard I searched 'sci fi rogue character art'

Found one I thought was close, zoomed in a bit, grayscaled it... voila!

Maybe try searching Mechanicus character Art or something? Or 'mechanical monk art'? Etc, etc

I am going for a cross between  Japanese/Buddhist/Chinese wandering monk and AdMech aesthetics. So far I have mainly found things that are too far in one direction or the other.  

Also had a rummage through my bits box to see if I could do a conversion to suit, but again not found anything I felt was close enough to go ahead and convert.  

19 minutes ago, Trokair said:

I am going for a cross between  Japanese/Buddhist/Chinese wandering monk and AdMech aesthetics. So far I have mainly found things that are too far in one direction or the other.  

Also had a rummage through my bits box to see if I could do a conversion to suit, but again not found anything I felt was close enough to go ahead and convert.  

I feel you…

I have a write up for a Chaos warband on Apologist’s Endworlds in that direction / aesthetic and keep scribbling and looking for parts. Started green stuffing some beastmen as Ashigaru for cultists, but it’s hard work to make more 40K and less Legend of the 5 rings :biggrin:

There is this guy, of which I already made one conversion of for my 30k Mechanicus. Imagine him with less visible tech.

Spoiler

SlagmystArt-Feb03-Content23zp.jpg

99550599011_EyrosSlagmyst03.jpg

My conversion for 30k:
gallery_29932_12734_55385.jpg

Edit: Am also considering the LotR Easterling priest as a starting point, take the horns of the helmet and smooth it out, reduce the spikes armour, take of end of staff and go from there.

Edited by Trokair

Ok everyone, our squad of misfits is shaping up nicely, character sheets are complete for the five current  victims  players, and we still have room on the Dark Heresy train, so MG and Necro (and Xin, if he's inclined :tongue:) keep building and tossing ideas about in here, along with any other queries from the current roster.

The data thread has been updated with a few campaign rules/notes/guidelines. I just have to streamline the terminology a bit, since it's all over the place (I'm not as familiar with DH as DW), but Throne Agent and Trusted Acolyte are interchangeable for the PC's, so no worries about it for narrative.

Throne Agent Cell: Virtue is approaching  certain doom  deployment!

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Haven't written it up into the character thread yet, but I've ported the basics of Stimm's stats to his sheet. Running him as a Scum, but swapped the starting auto-weapons and training to las if that's okay. Managed to buy up the most of the more character-centric skills that he had in OW, and used his starting money to grab an injector, a dose of stimm and a dose of slaught.

It's a bit of a mess currently, so there still might be some things I need to clean up.

Yeah, that's all fine, and no worries.

I'll refund your Gelt completely, this will be on account of a familiar looking person handing you those items in a "you dropped these" moment, in the same way you got a certain note...:wink:

You may pick up an additional 3 doses of whatever you want for free as well.

On behalf of a "grateful Benefactor".

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Just a quick note that I have changed my mind on additional training/talents.

You will all gain the benefit of Sound Constitution (x1) on Rank up, and this will be applied retroactively, so you all receive +3 Wounds for free.

Try not to lose them all at once, eh? :wink: 

Edited by Mazer Rackham