[DH1e] The Damocles Contingency (OOC)

Mazer Rackham

9 hours ago, Trokair said:

Bardas has Medicae, but do you want an Omnissian to tend your wounds?

Doh! Missed that one. Now I'm stuck... :confused:

My other options were:

+5 Per 250 (as I initially thought)

+5 Int 250 (would put him up to 42, good for Gamble?)

+5 Ag 250

+5 Fel 250

(But Ag or Fel would put Reynard at 50 on those stats, so I'm not sure it's the most useful option at this point?)

Rapid Reload 200 (Sawn-off only gets 2 shots and 2 Full Actions to reload)

Deceive +10 200

Edit: Think I'll go Rapid Reload, sounds like we might be in a gunfight at the start of Day 2...

Edited by Lysimachus

Post updated

https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/375260-dh1e-the-damocles-contingency-rpg-ic/page/19/#comment-5873977

I have deducted 8 TG from Bardas sheet for the stay boarding house.

Also updated wound count. Do the fate points reset completely, or to one used on account of the overspend?

Will figure out XP in the morning.

Also how much was the auspex, is Bardas or Nicios carrying it and are we splitting cost on it?

8 hours ago, Trokair said:

Also updated wound count. Do the fate points reset completely, or to one used on account of the overspend?

Also how much was the auspex, is Bardas or Nicios carrying it and are we splitting cost on it?

Fate resets completely.

It's 145 Thrones, but it will depend on what quality you want, (you can haggle with the merchant ie: me) a Poor one will be cheaper, but have less reliable function, a Best one will be expensive but will have extra bells and whistles. (Or bleeps and bloops :happy:)

I think AT was on about a Lascutter as well, that's 60/65 Thrones, I believe.

The launch of Part 3 may take a while, since I'm under the weather and feel rough as a Kroot's backside.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

No worries, you do you and get better, we all can wait.

If memory serves the money the Inquisition gave us each was a 100, so between Nicios and Bardas in the market that is enough to cover the Auspex. I see Ikka rolled for the trade, so are we just deciding on  the quality now?  While best quality is nice, I think a normal functioning one is likely to suffice for now. Poor is just asking for trouble I suspect. Thoughts?

As for Lascutter, must have missed that, if the team thinks we need it we can have gotten one at the market.

Edit:
For XP spend, I think Leap Up (so Bardas can get up quicker the next time the dice throw him to the ground).

Random though, Bardas has Basic Weapon Training (Las), but his lasgun is down the drain and he now has "Saxa cadunt, omnes moriuntur.” Do I need Basic Weapon Training (SP) to actually use it?

Edited by Trokair

145 between 7 is 21(ish), so I'm happy to put that in towards the Auspex? (Pity, I should have had Reynard stay out in the market and make a Barter Test. Still, wouldn't have saved us loads, only a couple of thrones each)

1 hour ago, Trokair said:

Random though, Bardas has Basic Weapon Training (Las), but his lasgun is down the drain and he now has "Saxa cadunt, omnes moriuntur.” Do I need Basic Weapon Training (SP) to actually use it?

Good query, and it ties up a loose thread. Saxa is a very simple weapon to use, so usually you would have -20 to use it without Training, but this will reduce to -10. The more familiar with it you become, the more this penalty will reduce, becoming -5 per combat you use it in, until it becomes zero. This will effectively grant you the Basic Weapon Training (SP) but ONLY for Saxa. This then doesn't overly penalise you for the loss, but does offset the benefit of not needing to buy the skill, and is hopefully fair for everyone else.

27 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

145 between 7 is 21(ish), so I'm happy to put that in towards the Auspex? (Pity, I should have had Reynard stay out in the market and make a Barter Test. Still, wouldn't have saved us loads, only a couple of thrones each)

Don't fret, as Tro mentioned, Ikka/Nicios already did the barter test, and this was just to acquire the item - it being Scarce etc. Not even Reynard can be everywhere at once...:happy:

I think Bardas will put in 40 for the Auspex, after all he is the most like to be carrying it. It also reduces the cost burden on the two players on hiatus, after all we should not spend all their money while their characters are on autopilot.

Edit: I have 200 XP yet to spend, so I can buy  Basic Weapon Training (SP) if that's simpler.

Edited by Trokair

Hmm, I'm guessing we're talking about Dreyfuss' serum? I was thinking the Vault would be better able to analyse it and tell us what we're dealing with...

...but it also seems to be the only weapon we have against whatever killed Dreyfuss, so we might want to keep hold of it?

But then again, if they can analyse it, they might be able to reproduce it, potentially giving us multiple amounts of it rather than just 1 shot...

So, tl;dr: I don't know whether to send it back or not! :tongue:

I guess we have copies of his research files, they should go back, at least?

Edit: and that's good, I didn't twig that Nicios had Barter! So success makes it cost 130, right? Edit edit: Or do you mean using Barter made it available when it shouldn't have been, so no discount?

Edited by Lysimachus

1 hour ago, Trokair said:

Edit: I have 200 XP yet to spend, so I can buy  Basic Weapon Training (SP) if that's simpler.

Completely up to you, squire.

59 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

So success makes it cost 130, right? Edit edit: Or do you mean using Barter made it available when it shouldn't have been, so no discount?

Yesn't.

Spoiler

Yes, he made it available. Cost is the same. If you want jam on it, you better ask Proprietoress Tabby.

4 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Completely up to you, squire.

For simplicity, so that I don't get cought out later, I went and baught Basic Weapon Training (SP), and will save the last remaining 100XP for later. 

Also deducted 40 from funds and added auspex to equipment on character sheet. 

Edited by Trokair

Did we actually get a number of bad guys at the Sanctum? Or can we see how many of them there are here? (And for that matter, is the number the same?) So far it's seven of us (assuming Scourge and Stitches haven't left yet), plus seven locals, versus...?

Assuming the odds are in our favour, maybe we should just pile in?

Edit: I can't remember, do we have LoS to any/all of the bad guys from the windows?

Edited by Lysimachus

You can only see from the top row of windows (Falk at the moment), unless you all go upstairs. There are six altogether. I'm working on a map, but you'll have to refer to the one before as well (with the LOS angles), because it's going to get busy otherwise.

I'll be moving Stitches and Scourge out of the combat, having taken the lift out of Rivet City before the intruders came, as that makes most logical sense for...reasons...:ph34r:

I could do with knowing what you guys definitively want to do about taking stuff with them, because as far as I am concerned,  when  if Initiative is called, there's five PC's in the house...

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Got an idea...

@GM:

Spoiler

Inspired by a certain Commissar... Reynard has a bottle of Rotgut Booze. Can I turn it into a makeshift firebomb and lob it into the marketplace? All I'd need is a scrap of cloth shoved in the neck of the bottle (handkerchief or something, which I feel confident a gent like Reynard would have in one of his pockets!)

Idea being if we throw it out to our left it might catch some bad guys in the blast, and would definitely light up the whole area?

Assuming it's too much to make and throw in the same turn, could I make it and hand it off to someone else to chuck?

Edited by Lysimachus

@Lysi Only

Spoiler

Yes, that's possible - to be fair, I think AT was going to try that himself :) I'll allow a half-action to prepare it, and a half-action Standard Attack to throw it, but be warned: in the dark, your judgement will be off, so it's going to scatter no matter what. Just make the throw, and I'll do the rest.

Just don't roll a Jam, eh? Maybe you should get Tro to Throw....:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Machine God said:

Why can't Restal/Tarrant see the combatants?

The LoS Map at the top of p20 gives Blue Arrows for the windows that look out over the Free Market.

I was assuming it's a typo, Restal is the only one who can see all the allies and enemies...?

Blimey, did that Scatter the full 5m from where I was aiming?

Even so, it's a 3m Blast... not sure how it didn't get any bad guys... :blink:

Edit: Hang on, the red numbers are still the Thugs, right?

Edited by Lysimachus