[DH1e] The Damocles Contingency (OOC)

Mazer Rackham

27 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

:eek:

Reynard rolls an 88 (Left Leg) and a (d10=5)+5 -TB2 = 8 Wounds suffered, 7 remaining.

Unless those of us inside buildings got stopped from going 6m up by the ceilings... :laugh:

Oh yeah, that means you get stopped by the ceiling...interesting...

EDIT: Say, aren't (some of) you on the THIRD floor? :ph34r:

@Trokair Don't forget to take your TB off, so I think you'll shave a few points of that result. It's only Armour that does nothing.

Edited by Mazer Rackham
"Some of you"

11 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Nope, Reynard moved into the Grox?:huh:

D'oh! I meant "some of you", I've edited that in. :sweat:

8 minutes ago, Trokair said:

Thanks, had blanked on that, so thats 4 wounds remaining not 1. have edited post. 

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Trokair said:

You feeling any better today?

I am, thank you kind sir. My head feels less like it's packed full of fudge. Maybe just sawdust now. I think, that's an improvement...

58 minutes ago, Machine God said:

Does - Void Accustomed p22 Dark Heresy Rules negate any damage from the change of gravity caused by Nixios?

My reading is no - the ability just stops you heaving up on a vomit comet. Whilst the lifting might be a pleasant surprise to a voidborn, it doesn't counteract the inertia of a fall. Restal would know better than most what was coming, however.

Just woke up... going to say Whoops. I mean, the power did go off and it made sense tactically to disable an enemy and then pile the shots onto him...might have to figure in the phenomenon and roll less d10s when manifesting.

Does Nicios fall upwards as well?

Edited by Lord_Ikka

19 minutes ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Does Nicios fall upwards as well?

Yep. It's very specific about that... ;)

11 minutes ago, A.T. said:

I've looked around and there are not rules I can see for handling falls of less than 3m (those players indoors). I assume it just defaults to a minimum of 1d10+3.

No, that's true, and it's a loss of gravity, not a forceful slam upwards. Each of those cubicles is 3m tall, roughly though, so if you are on the top floor, then you will incur the 3m tier fall which is 1D10+3. If I read it right, the 3m fall group is literally 1-3 metres.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

In that case, can I assume its a 3m fall for Reynard too?* I've included in my post 6m as directed, but I'll happily take a few less wounds! :biggrin:

*Unless it's one of those fancy dive bars with really high ceilings... :laugh:

Edited by Lysimachus

26 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

In that case, can I assume its a 3m fall for Reynard too? I've included in my post 6m as directed, but I'll happily take a few less wounds! :biggrin:

(Unless it's one of those fancy dive bars with really high ceilings... :laugh:)

Well, you know these gothic designers and those over-scaled vaulted ceilings! Get up there David Reynard Blaine, and check out that roof insulation :tongue:

@Machine God you lost me on your calc. I assume you rolled a 1 on the D10? But you should still have a Wound, since at lowest it's 4 Wounds, minus your TB which is 3. I checked to see if you had Catfall, but you don't. Have I missed sommat?

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Good news, I do have the Healer power, which is a 7 Threshold to manifest, so with my +5 WPB, I just need to roll 1d10 and get a 2 (power has no Overbleed so no need to try to force it). So less of a chance of phenomena and we all should be able to recover 1d5 health shortly...

Edited by Lord_Ikka

If it makes any difference, I think Nicios has actually killed one of the Thugs....

So there's that.

@Lysimachus To be fair, the bar is probably a 4m drop, but that goes into the next band, IIRC, so up to 3m is +3 and up to 6m is +5. So the difference to you being outside would be minimal.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

5 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

If it makes any difference, I think Nicios has actually killed one of the Thugs....

So there's that.

To be fair, Nicios technically killed the ganger in the bar as well, given his power caused the leader to shoot randomly...

Fair enough. :thumbsup:

Can we have Bardas do Medicae tests as well as Nicios do Healer, or is it limited to either/or?

Hopefully between the 2, it gets us out of trouble?

Though having taken 8 Wounds, Reynard is well over the threshold for Heavily Damaged and gets much less benefit out of a Medicae test... :ermm:

Edit: Hmm, looking at Healer it isn't affected by Damage levels? So if we do that first, then if we get lucky on the d5 roll, people are more likely to only be Lightly Damaged for Medicae?

Edited by Lysimachus

I think we're waiting for Mazer to do Falling Damage rolls for everyone else...?

Then it's back to after Nicios, so:

Thug 1 (who is Stunned, I think)

Thug 2

Restal

Thug 3

Falk

Thug 4

Bardas

Hef and Townsfolk

Though as Mazer said, one of those Thugs might be toast... (hopefully someone other than Thug 1! :laugh:)

Edit: Or maybe the fight is over... :sweat:

Edited by Lysimachus

29 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Well, you know these gothic designers and those over-scaled vaulted ceilings! Get up there David Reynard Blaine, and check out that roof insulation :tongue:

@Machine God you lost me on your calc. I assume you rolled a 1 on the D10? But you should still have a Wound, since at lowest it's 4 Wounds, minus your TB which is 3. I checked to see if you had Catfall, but you don't. Have I missed sommat?

@Mazer Rackham - Yes sorry, it was a mistake on my part. I assumed that as 2m -6m = -4m that Tarrant fell 0m as negative values don't exist and Zero Metres isn't a fall.

But he did rise 2m so he would have fallen 2m.

I will roll for damage and edit my post. 

He does have Catfall as a Starting Talent.

16 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

So there's that.

@Mazer Rackham - Actually Kerr Restal killed the first Thug. #5.

8 minutes ago, Machine God said:

He does have Catfall as a Starting Talent.

Yes, sorry, he does. My eyes are getting old. Restal did indeed kill the first thug.

You should be able to negate damage further then, down to zero on a successful AG test, IIRC.

@Lysimachus It was indeed Thug 1! What a strange coincidence! :cool:

Edited by Mazer Rackham