[DH1e] The Damocles Contingency (OOC)

Mazer Rackham

1 hour ago, Lysimachus said:

Blimey, did that Scatter the full 5m from where I was aiming?

Even so, it's a 3m Blast... not sure how it didn't get any bad guys... :blink:

Edit: Hang on, the red numbers are still the Thugs, right?

On the scatter diag, I rolled a 9, which is a south-east direction from initial landing position. The only reason your Party aren't burning Fate, is because it went nearly the full whack (and put it in AOE for the lads on the ground floor)...:pirate:

It was literally 1m between the adventure continuing, and maybe Chargen...

Yes, the red diamonds are bad guys.

Edited by Mazer Rackham
Clarified a bit

52 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Mate, on the scatter diag, I rolled a 9, which is south-east of your position. The only reason your Party aren't burning Fate, is because it went nearly the full whack...:pirate:

It was literally 1m between the adventure continuing, and maybe Chargen...

It doesn't scatter from my position though, right? Or the level I've thrown it from? (Unless they have switched off the planet's gravity as well as light, or a glass bottle somehow bounced minimum 6ish metres back up...?)

It scatters from the point and level where you were aiming for it to land?

And Party members are either on ground floor and in cover inside the walls of the boarding house and behind the black construction bit? Which I assume the bomb would stop at rather than just pass through it like it wasn't there? Or most of us are 2 floors up from ground level, and therefore out of its 3m range anyway?

Ah well, whatevs.

Edited by Lysimachus

3 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

It doesn't scatter from my position though, right? Or the level I've thrown it from? (Unless they have switched off the planet's gravity as well as light, or a glass bottle somehow bounced minimum 6ish metres back up...?)

No, you're right, it doesn't. After reading your posts again, I got completely the wrong end of the stick with how Reynard was facing, and which way he threw it. I'd thought he was facing away from the window and threw it just directly out to his left. That's a reading error on my part. :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

It scatters from the point and level where you were aiming for it to land?

Yep, and it did, where I thought it landed, sorry! :blush:

7 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

And Party members are either on ground floor and in cover inside the walls of the boarding house and behind the black construction bit? Which I assume the bomb would stop at rather than just pass through it like it wasn't there? Or most of us are 2 floors up from ground level, and therefore out of its 3m range anyway?

Again, yes it would.

15 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Ah well, whatevs.

And I apologise, and will remedy the situation. In my paltry defence, I am suffering for a horrible chest infection. :sick:

That's my story anyway!

Thanks GM, much appreciated!

And apologies right back at you, re-reading my previous post, it sounds a lot grumpier than I was intending it to be!

(note to self: don't post after midnight when you should be in bed asleep!)

Anyway, Damage rolls, 1d10+3 E Pen6

d10 rolls:
Brute: 3
Thug 1: 5
Thug 5: 2

…that's really not impressive rolling at all… :tongue:

Edited by Lysimachus

1 hour ago, Lysimachus said:

…that's really not impressive rolling at all… :tongue:

Flame weapons are generally not so much in the initial damage (with a few exceptions) but rather the 'on fire' damage and everything that follows - which cares nothing for carapace armour (or indeed any armour save the entirely too vague 'frost' environmental suit in the inquisitors handbook).

33 minutes ago, A.T. said:

Flame weapons are generally not so much in the initial damage (with a few exceptions) but rather the 'on fire' damage and everything that follows - which cares nothing for carapace armour (or indeed any armour save the entirely too vague 'frost' environmental suit in the inquisitors handbook).

The Machine trait gives AV against Fire. 

1 hour ago, A.T. said:

in the inquisitors handbook

Just realised I've not looked at this one at all... is it an expansion of DH? Alongside/before/after Ascension?

Edited by Lysimachus

27 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Just realised I've not looked at this one at all... is it an expansion of DH? Alongside/before/after Ascension?

I think it was the first expansion they released. It contains the usual background options but the main draw is the vastly expanded armoury - all different variants of lasguns, autoguns, melee weapons, etc, as well as a lot of random tools grouped up into 'origin' (i.e. stuff you'd find in the underhive, in a warzone, on a ship, etc).

Unlike the later books it doesn't focus on any one class in particular though it does have an early variant of the sororias progression perhaps suited to a sister taken into inquisitorial service while still a novicae/direct from the schola training halls.

17 hours ago, Lord_Ikka said:

The Emperor works in mysterious ways- in this case his blessing came in the form of flaming townsfolk.

When the Emperor sets a soul alight, they burn with the brightest flame.  Also known as Flammenwerkers.

11 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

Thanks GM, much appreciated!

And apologies right back at you, re-reading my previous post, it sounds a lot grumpier than I was intending it to be!

(note to self: don't post after midnight when you should be in bed asleep!)

No worries. :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, A.T. said:

...We should perhaps invest in fire extinguishers... :p

There's a servitor somewhere with a Halon jet...

Edited by Mazer Rackham

4 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

There's a servitor somewhere with a Halon jet...

The mis-print battle servitor in the first run of the DH core rule books is my favourite.

The editor absent mindedly added the stats of two autoguns together for its 'twin autogun' (rate of fire 20, damage 2d10+6)

I was thinking about using my next Round actions to try and inspire some of those sheltering in the bar to take up the spare guns and join us...

...but now the juve's head has exploded all over them and some kind of warp rift is about to appear, I don't think I'll bother! :laugh:

Yep, autogun sounds like a plan, Reynard actually has Basic SP Training so... :thumbsup:  

Edited by Lysimachus

Newsflash folks...everyone is superman.

Post updated.

EDIT: As well as rolling your own location lads, you can roll your own damage too - forgot to mention.

Unless you want me to roll it.

Edited by Mazer Rackham