[DH1e] The Damocles Contingency (OOC)

Mazer Rackham

15 minutes ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Good, I think?

Very much not good. Need to get away from the scary psychic vampire lady.

She's just misunderstood, and looking for companionship. It's lonely at the top, you see, and she just wants a BFF.

Emphasis on the last.

7 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Question: what's happening with Guard 4? He didn't act in Round 2 so is he still on the floor? Is Reynard still engaged with him?

That's correct. In the previous round, Nicios had incapacitated him. This meant he was non-combatant and helpless, freeing you up.

Now, however, in this round, he is indeed active, and therefore is engaged with you (albeit prone) since you didn't move away.

Oops, I thought 5 was back on his feet, wouldn't have picked him as a target otherwise. Oh well, may not matter now...

If the Arbites aren't with us, we're all dead anyway!!!

Edited by Lysimachus

Oh, no, not at all. Didn't really expect to survive once the guard managed to get on the vox, so that is actually a bonus (assuming we don't get tortured and killed...)- just meant that the outcome of the meeting did not go well in general.

As suggested, a few bits of rumination:

Does this from the ship log in the storeroom:

By the Holy Writ of Commissioning, doth this hull ply the stars of His Demesnes,

To gather unto His Will and His Might, the lost and the weak,

That His Light doth shine forever eternal,

And His reach encompass the firmament of Heavens.

...sound like it's from an Inquisitorial Black Ship? Gathering the lost and weak (psykers) making his light shine (Astronomicon)?

And if the lists match the ones from the Sanctum, does that mean Dreyfuss was messing with psykers?

What if his escapee was the Dark Sister, which I'm pretty sure we can now agree is Magda Aldario?

Or perhaps (given that Aldario had been Planetary Governor for many years, well before Dreyfuss) the Dark Sister killed her and is now psychically impersonating her?

We haven't officially found out that Locke is still alive and on Damocles, maybe Absolom is working for him?

When do we kick off the next bit?

Edited by Lysimachus

25 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

When do we kick off the next bit?

Once I work out how to move you all on. I was hoping Tro could catch up, so we're in a little bit of a catch 22, but since I need to dovetail you all, I'll move Falk on a little.

Just now, Mazer Rackham said:

Once I work out how to move you all on. I was hoping Tro could catch up, so we're in a little bit of a catch 22, but since I need to dovetail you all, I'll move Falk on a little.

Falk will probably be looking to get people to the warehouse before any more hostiles show up and would be eager to see the attackers caught, his only priority before that is ensuring that he and Bardas get access to the sublab first before any evidence slips between the cracks.

Given that a judge has just been killed while investigating the tampering Falk would know that any response that didn't involve arbites investigating the warehouse would raise suspicion so would see this as a good time to reconnect with his superiors - the Absolom knows he is on special assignment and the presence of xenos technology in an ecclesiarchal warehouse validates Falks investigation here.

Whether Bardas seeks to slip away in the confusion is up to him.

3 minutes ago, A.T. said:

Falk will probably be looking to get people to the warehouse before any more hostiles show up and would be eager to see the attackers caught, his only priority before that is ensuring that he and Bardas get access to the sublab first before any evidence slips between the cracks.

Given that a judge has just been killed while investigating the tampering Falk would know that any response that didn't involve arbites investigating the warehouse would raise suspicion so would see this as a good time to reconnect with his superiors - the Absolom knows he is on special assignment and the presence of xenos technology in an ecclesiarchal warehouse validates Falks investigation here.

Whether Bardas seeks to slip away in the confusion is up to him.

I've dropped a post in to leave it fairly open (but adding a touch of reassurance) with how you want to play it - enough so you won't feel punished for a choice, but the pressure is still on, if that makes sense.

12 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Sorry, life  has been rather lifly, and then the internet was patchy for a while on top of that, i think its back to normal, so will try when i get home tonight

@Trokair

Falk will plan on staying to investigate the sub-basement and meet with the arbites in person - he was the one who called this in after all and at this point there is no hiding this stuff from the arbites so their response needs to be informed.

If Bardas wants to slip away before anyone turns up probably best to do so immediately.

Red through story posts relvent to the Falk/Bardas plot and this post is now updated, https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/375260-dh1e-the-damocles-contingency-rpg-ic/?do=findComment&comment=5903688

Will now read on and see what else there is and post acordingly.

Edit: and cought up on our plotline, plenty to think about

10 hours ago, A.T. said:

@Trokair

Falk will plan on staying to investigate the sub-basement and meet with the arbites in person - he was the one who called this in after all and at this point there is no hiding this stuff from the arbites so their response needs to be informed.

If Bardas wants to slip away before anyone turns up probably best to do so immediately.

Up to you I think, how easy would it be to explain Bardas working for Falk and how much extra scrutiny would it bring to both.

I had Bardas do a in cahracter respons (time wise beforethey went belo deck) but given the chnaging sitation he could try and slip away instead.

Edited by Trokair

13 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

As suggested, a few bits of rumination:

Does this from the ship log in the storeroom:

By the Holy Writ of Commissioning, doth this hull ply the stars of His Demesnes,

To gather unto His Will and His Might, the lost and the weak,

That His Light doth shine forever eternal,

And His reach encompass the firmament of Heavens.

...sound like it's from an Inquisitorial Black Ship? Gathering the lost and weak (psykers) making his light shine (Astronomicon)?

And if the lists match the ones from the Sanctum, does that mean Dreyfuss was messing with psykers?

What if his escapee was the Dark Sister, which I'm pretty sure we can now agree is Magda Aldario?

Or perhaps (given that Aldario had been Planetary Governor for many years, well before Dreyfuss) the Dark Sister killed her and is now psychically impersonating her?

We haven't officially found out that Locke is still alive and on Damocles, maybe Absolom is working for him?

Food for thought indeed. 

My first thought, the one I had Bardas contemplate in the edited post, is that this was a colonising ship but something was wrong either the colonists or with the destination and some made it back into imperial space and brought back something with them.

Genestealers / cults thereof come to mind, but I have it in the back of my mind that we are too early in the timeline for this to be likly.

Mazer, what's the current ingame year? 

Edit: 787.999.M41 acording to the intro, so Genestealers or their kin is indeed a option. 

Edited by Trokair

5 minutes ago, A.T. said:

Any evidence the casket has been opened / interior disturbed / etc, or just the plaque?

I'll add a bit to my recent post.

Just now, Trokair said:

I am getting that Vampire feeling again.

Coincidence - nothing more. Too much call of cthulu, mate. :whistling:

Edited by Mazer Rackham