Space Marine Heroes 2022

Joe

FY17CKdXgAMNKD5.jpg

WarCom Article.

Blind boxes are returning, with the first run being up first, unsurprisingly. Available from the 30th of July from selected outlets, then Games Workshop webstore and Warhammer stores from the 1st of October - £5 per box, or a pack of eight for £40. "There'll be more Space Marine Heroes to come in the future."

1 minute ago, Halandaar said:

They're the same sculpts from the first time around, no? Just photographed with the bare heads and painted red instead of blue this time?

They are indeed the same models:

You might have seen these models before in Ultramarine blue, but they’re now firmly on the side of Sanguinius.

2 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

They're the same sculpts from the first time around, no? Just photographed with the bare heads and painted red instead of blue this time?

Yeah, it's a re-release in red, though not the full range of Series 1. Which is cool for anyone who didn't get them originally. I'm not quite sure why the article says they're Blood Angels. They're generic Marines with no sculpted Chapter details on them.

It's weird that they use a primaris intercessor for the box art, I guess it's true that most people can't see the difference between space marine types :laugh:

Anyway, I got them all before except the captain, let's hope they re-release more of these in the future.

Shame they're rehashes, on the other hand nice that they can be acquired more easily. I've only gotten two SM Heroes kits, and they were Death Guard at that, but they were very nice little models. I'm not gonna start a full Space Marine army any time soon but should I do some kind of INQ28 project involving Marines, I may look this way...

1 hour ago, Redcomet said:

Wait so only 6 sculpts this time around, and they are rehashed. But why?

They were "limited" enough that they can probably still sell them at that silly price to collectors/people wanting better looking tacticals/anyone that wasn't around at the time while also having to basically put no effort in it

Plus they might have stock left, considering they were even using them as pieces for that board game that was sold only in Germany/USA/DownUnderland last time we saw them 

Keep also in mind they mention this is "set 1", so it's likely they'll put the other 6 on sale later.Only question remains what'll they do with the captain

Edited by Fenriwolf

Eyebrows. Why oh why do they not paint eyebrows on these marines?!

It would stop the bald guys from looking like clones of Duncan Goodhew, and the guys with hair from looking like Arnie from the original Terminator film when he gets a bit singed!

Anyway... glad to see Space Marine heroes is still going, even if its on repeat :smile:

Edited by Cyrox
spell fail

These guys look better scaled than the old tacs. How do they compare to the new Mk VI, if anyone knows?

e: I really hope this means we get another run of the Death Guard minis at some point. We never got the sorcerer here, and I'd love a second set of the plaguemarines to kitbash.

Edited by Urauloth

9 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

These guys look better scaled than the old tacs. How do they compare to the new Mk VI, if anyone knows?

e: I really hope this means we get another run of the Death Guard minis at some point. We never got the sorcerer here, and I'd love a second set of the plaguemarines to kitbash.

I have them somewhere with the rest of my oldsmarine, but from what i can recall -without going to pick them out of the boxes- of discussions at time they are basically same scale once you remove the textured base from the equation, just with slightly better proportions in the sculpt (and the better poses also help)

Edited by Fenriwolf