Space Marine Heroes 2022

Joe

For me I never got around to getting them at the first time of asking so I've no objection at all about them being available again at non-eBay prices. Shame it's just 6 rather than the original.. was it 12? But then the next series might be the other 6 in Dark Angels Green or something.

• 1 month later...

The pricing on the dispenser of 8 minis is £40.00 // 52.00€. As a reminder, you're guaranteed to get one of each of the six sculpts available, plus 2 duplicates.

Perhaps more notably, it's referred to on the trade retailer order forms as "SMH 2022 Blood Angels Collection One", which strongly suggests we'll see the remaining minis from the original wave in a second box later in the year.

We're in Hong Kong, but we get the Japanese exclusive stuff despite not being in Japanese, and in case anyone starts asking about it, we have a pact that we always reply Domo Arigato for the Japanese exclusive stuff to confuse them.  However, I had to check a thing.  Here's what we had:

d90c3e7fcb01de953736ed401140f54e.thumb.webp.b82b0ebf1a947043aea1a2c508b61824.webp

And this is what's coming out now:

Q6vuUtCyxDCYKdMr.thumb.jpg.fc33016ac7bc1186e18d4295a8d8100d.jpg

This is NOT the 1st re-release, so this is like the 3rd or 4th time these minis have come out (I recall one time was as a Warhammer Adventures mini-game from some specific retailer), but the Auspex guy I really didn't recognise, I'm assuming this was in one of the subsequent re-releases. I am blind, Auspex Guy is right there, Brother Dolor.

I do think these 6 are...with the exception of Generic Bolter Guy/Brother Castor, because I guess you gotta have him...the best of the lot.  I got Grenade Guy/Brother Vanial, I guess I'll hold on to him as a collector's item.  I do remember everyone was weighing each of the boxes in their hand trying to draw the Heavy Bolter/Brother Toriad (we would literally lift each one to see which was the heaviest box).

Btw, these are really good for Kill Team and I guess I'll have to do a Badab War project now with these.

Edited by N1SB

4 minutes ago, INKS said:

so these aren't new?

where do you find them? to buy.

no they have been release two or three times so far. 

When they come out again if its like last time you will find them at most hobby shops or shops like Game and they are a single mini in a blind buy box and you wont know what you are getting. 

Besides the blind boxes, GW has released several small games under the name "Space Marine Adventures" with different sets of those minis. For example "Labyrinth of the Necrons" is still avaliable at Amazon US (they do international shipping) and comes with 5 marines for a decent price:  https://www.amazon.com/WAEHAMMER-40-000-Marine-Adventures/dp/B07J3PG964

7130bZzk+5L._AC_SL1280_.jpg

Edited by lansalt

28 minutes ago, INKS said:

so these aren't new?

where do you find them? to buy.

They're going to be a general release item, available to pre-order from Saturday, from your FLGS or from GW directly. 

33 minutes ago, sarabando said:

pity they seem to have cut out some of the best sculpts from the release. ive used a load of these in the past for different projects. 

Note that this release is listed as "Collection One", which would be redundant if there wasn't going to be a Collection Two which will presumably include most of the other minis.

58 minutes ago, N1SB said:

time was as a Warhammer Adventures mini-game from some specific retailer), but the Auspex guy I really didn't recognise, I'm assuming this was in one of the subsequent re-releases.

As far as I recall, there were a couple of "extra" sculpts in the worldwide release that weren't ever in the original Japanese release, and a couple of the ones from the Japan release not included in the global one. So neither territory got easy access to all the sculpts. The same was true for the Series 2 Terminators.

12 hours ago, Xenith said:

So the box of 8 is one of each of the 6 above, plus 2 more random models from those 6? £40 is a lot for that, considering the SMH2 terminator box was like £60 for 10 terminators, I think. 

This is GW… what are you expecting?!?.. a  price drop :tongue:

M. 

On 9/27/2022 at 5:30 AM, lansalt said:

Besides the blind boxes, GW has released several small games under the name "Space Marine Adventures" with different sets of those minis. For example "Labyrinth of the Necrons" is still avaliable at Amazon US (they do international shipping) and comes with 5 marines for a decent price:  https://www.amazon.com/WAEHAMMER-40-000-Marine-Adventures/dp/B07J3PG964

7130bZzk+5L._AC_SL1280_.jpg

That's how I got mine. They also did some reinforcement boxes with the other models, including the captain, but not Brother Gaiun.

gallery_37154_6874_555731.thumb.jpg.1af6f07b3d756cd2f29e25ae1c2f9f83.jpg

On 9/28/2022 at 12:17 AM, Xenith said:

So the box of 8 is one of each of the 6 above, plus 2 more random models from those 6? £40 is a lot for that, considering the SMH2 terminator box was like £60 for 10 terminators, I think. 

Brother Xenith, you're right, but I remember even during their initial release years ago, Space Marine Heroes Series 1 seemed overpriced for Mk VII Firstborns.  The Series 2 Terminators were definitely disproportionately cheap; we were joking a full box was cheaper than regular Terminators (per model, etc.)

To be fair, this re-release it didn't really go up in price on a per model basis...but it also didn't get a discount.

12 hours ago, skylerboodie said:

Thanks phoenix01. Anyone have any details on these reinforcement boxes (eg name(s))?

Rescue mission - Missile launcher, Plasma gun and reloading bolter

Recon mission - Captain, grenade thrower and pistol and bolter

there was also a paint set 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/05/new-game-expansions-in-barnes-noble/

On 9/28/2022 at 5:36 AM, Mumeishi said:

This is GW… what are you expecting?!?.. a  price drop :tongue:.  

£40 for 8 minis is £5 each. When they first released in the UK in 2018 they were £5.50 apiece. Sorry this doesn't fit the "GW is always terrible" narrative.

On 9/27/2022 at 5:17 PM, Xenith said:

As above, it's actually a better price for them today than it was when they initially came out, and this time at least buying the whole box offers you some RNG protection, which wasn't introduced in the non-Japanese dispensers until the Series 3 Death Guard set.

But yeah, aside from that Series 2 definitely felt better value than Series 1, but then we were comparing them against a more expensive baseline product. At the time I think a box of 5 Terminators from GW was about £28 (so £5.40 per model), and then the Heroes ones were only £6 each, so it felt like a very reasonable price for vastly improved models. Compare that against the Tactical Squad price per model of about £2.70 and then the Heroes sculpts being double that price.

I am tempted by this ( the terminators would be an autobuy for me to add to my pile of shame Deathwing army) though, ahem,... Murphey's law would suggest that if I buy the box of 8 then the duplicates I get would be more of the one model I already have 2 copies of - brother Titus ( I think - doubting it now)

Really like these sculpts; I have the original series 1 but I wouldn’t mind snagging these to paint differently. As someone who is about to get into Kill Team at the behest of friends, would I be able to make a legal Kill Team with the full box of 8? Or should I expect to have to try some conversion or use some additional other models to get a legal setup going?

1 hour ago, Daylight said:

Really like these sculpts; I have the original series 1 but I wouldn’t mind snagging these to paint differently. As someone who is about to get into Kill Team at the behest of friends, would I be able to make a legal Kill Team with the full box of 8? Or should I expect to have to try some conversion or use some additional other models to get a legal setup going?

No rocket launcher or heavy bolter in KT for marines. Intercessors assault and normal. grenade guy and bolter with aux grenade launcher.

Phobos is another Marine team but they wouldn't fit there.

so some of them can be used, some of them no. You need 6 marines in total for an intercessor KT

12 hours ago, Daylight said:

SM Tactical fireteams need 6 marines: A sergeant + bolter guys, with optional special and heavy weapons gunners (one each). So the full box set should be fine (but underpowered) if you get at least a Sgt. and a HB/ML. I'd make a plasma gunner with one of the inevitably duplicate bolter marines.

Edited by lansalt