Space Marine Heroes 2022

Joe

1 hour ago, lansalt said:

Maybe this means GW will release also the red BA terminators as blue UM in the future...

They've already threatened to release a "Set 2" in the near future. I can't imagine it being anything more involved or they'd be calling it something a bit more inspiring.

I missed out on these the first time around, so it's nice to see them make a return. The Sergeant is particularly nice, I really like his pose. Can't wait for set 2, would love some of those Terminators.

The Captain from series 1, the Malignant Plaguecaster from series 3, and Terminator Ancient from series 2 get to ridiculous prices on the second hand market. Hopefully they get added soon.

Also, is the Blood Angel on the box art new? Could it be hint of the rumour of 10th ed starter set being painted as Blood Angels for promotion materials?

4 hours ago, Fenriwolf said:

They were "limited" enough that they can probably still sell them at that silly price to collectors/people wanting better looking tacticals/anyone that wasn't around at the time while also having to basically put no effort in it

Plus they might have stock left, considering they were even using them as pieces for that board game that was sold only in Germany/USA/DownUnderland last time we saw them 

Keep also in mind they mention this is "set 1", so it's likely they'll put the other 6 on sale later.Only question remains what'll they do with the captain

This won't be done because of having stock left over as the sprue colour is different.

I hope the Captain does come back as well as that's the only one I'm missing.

8 minutes ago, JeffJedi said:

Well I believe they Heavy Bolter Marine was only in the Barns&Noble set in the USA.

It was released in the UK in the box called Space Marine Adventures, Labyrinth of the Necrons. I purchased it from Game.

Anyone with the original models first time round, could you confirm the size of these models? I'm interested to know if they're bigger than standard Tactical Marines, the same size as the new MK6 Marines, or something different.

:smile:

I'm super excited for any sets with Terminators. If they're the same price, £40 for 8 Terminagor models ain't bad when you can sell off the 2 duplicates, though whether they'd maintain the same deal is up in the air of course. I dunno, likely not if they're Terminators?

24 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Anyone with the original models first time round, could you confirm the size of these models? I'm interested to know if they're bigger than standard Tactical Marines, the same size as the new MK6 Marines, or something different.

:smile:

I'm super excited for any sets with Terminators. If they're the same price, £40 for 8 Terminagor models ain't bad when you can sell off the 2 duplicates, though whether they'd maintain the same deal is up in the air of course. I dunno, likely not if they're Terminators?

they are the same size as normal first born just posed better and have a mm or so of base extra 

1 hour ago, Rusted Boltgun said:

Any ideas what 'other outlets' in the UK will stock these from today?

This could be a cool painting challenge for my son a friend one day over the summer holiday.

The previous website is yet to be updated, still showing the last releases

Heroes site

Would be interested in those outlets for Germany as well

18 minutes ago, Captain Smashy Pants said:

At the risk of flogging an old horse, First Born in this scale, with dynamic poses like this would have been sooooo much better than Primaris.

You’re right, it’s a dead horse.

11 minutes ago, Robbienw said:

Noticeably taller than a standard Mk7.  Similar height to the new Mk6.

32569769-AB2A-4273-B67C-C178DEC32784.jpeg

Once the full sets are released again, should be easy to build a few squads of upscaled Tactical Marines without too much overlap in the poses.

With a little bit of cutting and maybe some extra bits they can all look a bit different.

Robbie, is it me or does everything just seem larger for them? The shoulder pads and backpack even seen larger in that image. Could be a trick or the colours perhaps? 

I always liked that they made a more dynamic tactical squad for heroes, would make a good kill team tbh

The heads are basically the same size. That is one of the important factors in making the scale look right.

You can actually stick a Mk 7 head on a Mk X body and it will work perfectly.

The OG scaling is just that different.

3 minutes ago, phandaal said:

The heads are basically the same size. That is one of the important factors in making the scale look right.

You can actually stick a Mk 7 head on a Mk X body and it will work perfectly.

The OG scaling is just that different.

Yeah I know that the heads are, I was more interested in the rest. Like, if you look at deathwatch marines, their heads are actually smaller (both helmet and bare head), but shoulder pads are identical in size, arms are slightly longer, legs are slightly longer, torso is about the same.

mkX have the same size heads (more or less, they’re actually a bit narrower) and slightly larger shoulder pads - not so much you can’t use any firstborn ones though. 

just interested with these as to what is actually larger. Kind of looks like it’s the same CAD as a tactical marine, but more upright and everything has been scaled up a fraction, if that makes sense?