+++BCK's Vehicle Build Challenge - Winner Announced!+++

3 hours ago, Brother Cristopher said:

I'm sorry to hear about that. That's really weird, maybe you should try and make a complaint? It won't help with the time you wasted, but still.

Well, I had a 10% redo-Engineering included in the project budget... I guess I ate it already.

Just for reference it happens with the Tamiya extra fin cement only (green tap). No issue with the Tamiya Cement (basic - orange tap). The extra thin is IMO usually better: stronger and easier to apply. Better brush control I guess, although fluidity and a higher solvent power helps a lot too.

As an update for these past days: main assembly is done. Will have to apply puitty now but I will do it in a couple of days only. SO for the moment let´s enjoy some rest. Istarted a kinda scenic base but this will eventually be a parasitic subproject. priority on sunday eve will be milliput for gap filling and the limited amount of texture (edges between armour plates f.e.) priming on Tuesday next if on schedule. 

Edited by Bouargh

Time to commit to this then. I had intended to paint my AI Fire raptors for this, as they have remained unpainted since I built them, but as this is a build and paint challenge I guess it will have be something else.  Found some AI Valkyries to build, so there time has come, and as they are Guard rather than Navy I can paint them however I want as they don’t have to match my other imperial AI forces. Will probably do one as a Vendetta and one normal.

I, Trokair, pledge to build and paint two Aeronautica Imperialis Valkyries for the Vehicle Challenge on or before October 15, 2022.

Starting Pic

large.1780864913_BCKVBChallengestart.JPG

On 9/28/2022 at 10:35 PM, duz_ said:

Had the day off got a couple of hours of painting in. Base layer of gold down. Next will be the second coat and then details, follows by washing and highlighting. 

It's been nice painting again!

Looking good! :biggrin: I was sorely tempted to try to get back into the game again with Custodes because of the small army size and potentially easy paint scheme, but I suspect I would find a way to make that difficult for myself.

On 9/29/2022 at 12:24 PM, Bouargh said:

As an update for these past days: main assembly is done. Will have to apply puitty now but I will do it in a couple of days only. SO for the moment let´s enjoy some rest. Istarted a kinda scenic base but this will eventually be a parasitic subproject. priority on sunday eve will be milliput for gap filling and the limited amount of texture (edges between armour plates f.e.) priming on Tuesday next if on schedule. 

Progress is progress, but definitely take breaks when you need it. Can't wait to see the next update. :biggrin:

7 hours ago, Trokair said:

Time to commit to this then. I had intended to paint my AI Fire raptors for this, as they have remained unpainted since I built them, but as this is a build and paint challenge I guess it will have be something else.  Found some AI Valkyries to build, so there time has come, and as they are Guard rather than Navy I can paint them however I want as they don’t have to match my other imperial AI forces. Will probably do one as a Vendetta and one normal.

Mini Fire Raptors to possibly win a normal sized one would have been cool, but I'm glad to see you entering some AI models!

Biggest issue with Custodes is despite the low model count there's so much detail in each one. 

More progress today, might even get it done by the end of the weekend. Had to pick up some more technical soulstone paint. Mine had settled out and wouldn't homogenise. 

Just some dry brushing on the gold and sword left and the sword handle... Hopefully it'll dull down the contrast blue

Don't think I'm gonna highlight it. tried on the red it's dry bright my evil sunz isn't even noticeable

large.20221001_161437.jpg.02f2f25dd17263

Back from 3 days off in a cabin in the woods. Good chestnut harvest (a few pounds) but no boletus, despite ideal weather condition changes...

Any a little off topic, nope?...

Putty work almost complete. I will have to sand it a little bit tomorrow. Some repairs to do as a patch did not stayed in place: well better now that once painted, isn´t it. I will have to think on how to fill the gap it left in the engine compartment. 

Edited by Bouargh

Finished! 

I think this is not only my 2nd painted Custode (I've had them since their 8th codex dropped...), but also my first fully painted mini for the year! :woot:

Cheers for putting on the event BCK! Was great motivation. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's finished products.

large.20221002_174942.jpg.1615ba54844c1d

Great work on the dread, duz_!

Working on getting the base colours down on mine - unlike my smaller knights, I wanted to do this one in dark colours.

s2gUR7A.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Looking good, Doc!

I finished my Falcon!

image.png.93a19c7f5228a99d1cdfba408395fe7b.png

I need to come up with an insignia for my corsairs and either freehand it or get make some custom decals, or maybe just use generic eldar stuff.

Edited by Brother-Chaplain Kage

Excellent work everyone! Duz fantastic job man! Dr. looking awesome so far! BCK really dig the colour scheme you have going there, beautiful! 

Vow complete. BCK thanks for the motivation in this contest! Still have plenty of days left so everyone can complete their entries, wishing everyone luck!

IMG_7996.thumb.jpg.1c4031926257e827b7ccfcbb3e36a6ea.jpg

IMG_7998.thumb.jpg.62f032f94ca3819124c02ce5218dfaf4.jpg

IMG_8005.thumb.jpg.aca235a9856df094b6d44dcb9d4e138f.jpg

IMG_8011.thumb.jpg.d6ed0fcb9b856374e47c1944216113d7.jpg

3 hours ago, duz_ said:

Wow that's gorgeous @Spazmolytic:wub:

Now I remember why I never post in this sub forum. :laugh:

Excuse while I go throw out Glatty... :cry:

Meh, that kind of thinking is why I eventually stopped painting all together and am struggling to get back to a fraction of how good I used to be.  You finished a model and you're gearing up to paint more. That's a lot more than a lot of people even manage. :wink:

Did a little free-handing.  Altansar Craftworld rune on the hull, Autarch and Farseer runes on the "wings" as this is my "Command" Falcon.  All other transports will have a variant paint scheme linked to the Aspect Squad they are assigned to...which means this will be the only all-red APC in the army.  In other news, I'm practicing wet-blending blues on a cockpit canopy on another model before I commit to it on this one.  Once the canopies are done, I might do another gem or two but I think I'll be wrapping this up and calling it done.

Falcon Step 3.jpg

Sweet lord, those are some gorgeous tanks! Time for me to pick up the pace!

On 10/3/2022 at 8:53 PM, duz_ said:

Wow that's gorgeous @Spazmolytic:wub:

Now I remember why I never post in this sub forum. :laugh:

Excuse while I go throw out Glatty... :cry:

I hope that's a joke, since it's a bad mindset to have. Your model is beautifull painted! Every painted model is a victory, the great quality of the paintjob makes it taste all the sweeter.

23 hours ago, Xenith said:

How did I miss this before - very generous BCK - I mean to vow this a few days ago:

I, (your name), pledge to build and paint an Alpha Legion Deimos Predator for the Vehicle Challenge on or before October 15, 2022.

Hurry up!

As a small update: my own pledge is now built, sanded and primed. Putting first base colours.

Latter on today will go to the electronics shop to by a new battery for the digital camera as it died last week. Well maybe not today, rather tomorrow... and then some updated pics maybe.

Edited by Bouargh

7 minutes ago, Bouargh said:

Latter on today will go to the electronics shop to by a new battery for the digital camera as it died last week.

I feel your pain when I went to take photos my camera battery was also dead. I hadn't used it in so long I couldn't find the cable for the charger so I had to pillage the printers cable and buy a replacement :laugh:

My poor hobbies... 

5 hours ago, Xenith said:

How did I miss this before - very generous BCK - I mean to vow this a few days ago:

Glad to you have you join up!

2 hours ago, Trokair said:

Quick update, Valkyrie and Vendetta built. Onwards to paint.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.1679790fe6518783691b8e33cecb595a.jpeg

Nice!