+++BCK's Vehicle Build Challenge - Winner Announced!+++

Regrettably, due to real-life calamities matters - which take precedence over hobby-related business - I am far behind with my project.

nRjMyoT.jpg

More photos in my WIP thread.

Considering my schedule for this weekend and the next week, I am greatly concerned that this may be the first challenge/event hereĀ  at B&C that I won't be able to finish. I am not giving up, however.

Battery replaced, and some sprint like progresses to share:

Ā 

Almost_1.thumb.jpg.92db0481fd4d1f9ac7bf090cf362d78d.jpgpassenger.jpg.5b7f7a6e7bf0f6940c1c1373fac0330f.jpgAlmost_2.thumb.jpg.61d88f573fa0011a033dafbc4c796dc1.jpg

Ā 

I will paint johnny, fix the turretĀ“s top and, if I find time, complete a base/scenery (I am thinking of a kinda bridge to pass over all these plasma pipes from Mechanicus sector)

As I use a limited colour range and mostly dry brushing, it can go pretty fast.

The final result is quite OK as long as it is consistent with the other IG vehicles I painted so far.Ā 

Base: Russ grey; then inking with Apothecary white. Dry brush with administratum grey (a good dry brush) and some lighter one with mechanim grey for area I wish to darken or make dirtier.

Golden details are brass scorpion with retributor gold lighting and some agrax earthshade when too shiny

Edited by Bouargh

I have finalized my entry and submit the following for consideration!

Ā 

Today we have an Aeldari Falcon tank, called The Chariot of Eldanesh, in the colors of Craftworld Altansar.Ā  It was primed black, given a basecoat of P3 Sanguine Base, and subsequent layers of Sanguine Highlight to create the wine-red (despite what GW calls it, it's not electric-bright enough IMHO to be called "magenta") of Altansar.Ā  The panel-gaps were very carefully lined with Abaddon Black.Ā  Weapons, sensor vanes, and engine nacelles were basecoated in Warplock Bronze and layered with Hashut Copper, with some subtle Gehenna Gold highlights.Ā  The spirit stones were painted in the classic jeweling technique of consecutive smaller crescents of Caliban Green, Warpstone Glow, Moot Green, and White Scar.Ā  The cockpit canopy glass was done in a similar method with some light blending using Kantor Blue, Caledor Sky, Lothern Blue, and White Scar.Ā  The runes -- which comprise the Altsansar Craftworld rune on the main hull, and the Autarch and Farseer runes on the wing-vanes -- were traced out in Eshin Gray and detailed in White Scar, with a few spots of Sanguine Highlight to correct larger flubs in the lining.

Ā 

Ā 

Chariot of Eldanesh -- Front.jpg

Chariot of Eldanesh -- Left.jpg

Chariot of Eldanesh -- Right.jpg

Chariot of Eldanesh -- Top.jpg

Impressive work from you both! Great paintjob IFF, I'm always suprised at how stubby those Falcons look from the side compared to their graceful lines from the front.

Ā 

Almost time to start the final highlighting on my big lad, so it's about time I get the freehand and transfers sorted as well.

large.323478534_Wiplevy(2).jpg.ce2a59c6faff6d6ba8cafbecd61a7ff4.jpg

On 10/8/2022 at 11:59 AM, Iron Father Ferrum said:

I have finalized my entry and submit the following for consideration!

Looks good! I like that paint scheme, and I think part of the reason is that for me metallics on eldar models look out of place (thruster nozzles being the big exception) and it works really well here.
Ā 

On 10/8/2022 at 10:02 PM, Chaplain Raeven said:

Impressive work from you both! Great paintjob IFF, I'm always suprised at how stubby those Falcons look from the side compared to their graceful lines from the front.

Almost time to start the final highlighting on my big lad, so it's about time I get the freehand and transfers sorted as well.

Is that check pattern on the leg freehand? And yeah, most vehicles in 40k are stubby imo.

Ā 

I hadn't expected to have time to do more than one model myself in the time frame of this challenge, but I really am trying to focus on decreasing my pile of shame and after a long clean up process on some resin eldar Hornets (and missed a few spots that I only noticed after priming), I've made some really good progress this weekend with getting them almost completely airbrushed.

I did up 4 possible paint schemes on a template and these were the two I chose to go with:

image.png.f252df8635178b61fcc4f4b72c5aec77.png

From bare resin to here over the weekend.

image.thumb.png.d22c95084c251125f646f297a26edb7a.png

A few adjustments in masking these had to made due to the curves of the fuselage and the gem blister things making some tough times with the tape in a few areas, but it's pretty close to the template idea. :biggrin:

On 10/7/2022 at 1:57 PM, duz_ said:

Get cracking Xenith!Ā 

:FA:

On 10/7/2022 at 3:14 PM, Bouargh said:

Hurry up!

:FA:

On 10/7/2022 at 3:48 PM, Brother-Chaplain Kage said:

Glad to you have you join up!

Thanks!

Managing to have all of Sunday free, I built and painted as if the whips of my masters were behind me and managed to break the back of the predator - Been a while since I've painted something that still stank of undercoat sprayĀ :laugh:Ā I've tested out an experimental scheme that I didn't know would work, but meant the sprays did most of the work for me. Weathering next!Ā 

Edited by Xenith

JohnnyĀ“s painted and turret is fixed. I have some holes to fill tonight and some small repaint to do to mask it as, in the end, the roof is not fitting exactly as it was supposed to...

For the scenic base, well, it is not that well planned: I just realized I was short of plasticard. So in the end I will be constrainted by how fast/reliable the delivery will be (parcel with more styrene card is supposed to be there by tomorrow.... tick tock tick tock)Ā 

I Inquisitor Ginn, pledge to build and paint an Imperial Fists Kratos for the Vehicle Challenge on or before 15 OCT 2022. Ā (1226EST 11 OCT 2022)

AC55B55E-AB55-4245-BE81-858EF5244DF0.jpeg

Just now, Inquisitor Ginn said:

I Inquisitor Ginn, pledge to build and paint an Imperial Fists Kratos for the Vehicle Challenge on or before 15 OCT 2022. Ā (1226EST 11 OCT 2022)

AC55B55E-AB55-4245-BE81-858EF5244DF0.jpeg

I got started on the kit this Morning before I took the pic(sorry). Ā  Hope thatā€™s okā€¦. realized I needed to post the build pics.

Those Grav-Lobsters are looking great BCK! There's not much better than a competion to reduce your pile of shame, it's great to see you're taking advantage of the increase in motivation!

Ā 

On 10/10/2022 at 6:40 AM, Brother-Chaplain Kage said:

Is that check pattern on the leg freehand? And yeah, most vehicles in 40k are stubby imo.

Ā 

Yes, one of the few passable skills I have in my painting. It's hard to make a black army a bit interesting without making the accent-colours too prevalant, the use of checkers helps alot. Very time consuming though!

Ā 

On 10/11/2022 at 5:01 AM, Inquisitor Ginn said:

Iā€™ve been away a while, had back surgery in AUGā€¦. Just saw this. Ā I will be entering a Kratos. Ā Pics tomorrow AM. Ā Nothing like a deadline to inspire!

Ā 

Going hard after a hard period! Truly remarkable, good luck in your dash to the deadline!

In the end the plasticard has been delivered on time. So here is the scenic base, puttyĀ“s drying while waiting for some texturizing primer...

Ā 

image.thumb.jpeg.eedf78ae2624ea9029bd3be2c0d07d5d.jpeg

Ā 

Just to clarify: this part of scenery was not especifically meant for this challenge. But the opportunity is too good not to try to complete it and get the tank proudly passing that bridge! It will be a very short timing anyway...

Edited by Bouargh

Got Xenith and Inquisitor Ginn entered in the first post bringing us to 12 participants. :biggrin: It's going to be interesting seeing the dash to the finish line!

Ā 

On my side, I got the canopies airbrushed for my Hornets and this is a lot closer to the colors I was wanting on the canopies for the Falcon. Still need to paint in the framing, but they turned out so well!

Ā 

image.png.5d973242397759c4b58a515b06770b7b.png

Ok, here's my entry: Sisyphean.

Ā 

The colours have come out weird for some reason, I'm not the best photographer, but this is my Alpha Legion predator in Caunter-derived camo, inspired by Kampfgruppe Engel's Alpha Legion tanks. The classic metallic teal has come out quite flat in the first photos but you can see it a bit better in the last. Options have been painted for it including the autocannon, which has a Sherman Firefly inspired barrel camo to concel it's true nature.Ā 

Ā 

large.IMG_20221013_153142.jpg.30fa0c5a5b79e1dd71b28cee2e43d0df.jpglarge.IMG_20221013_153228.jpg.51a615cf1113966b4154e1bd5dd85514.jpglarge.IMG_20221013_153246.jpg.d02cc47da1811d3a69bbb33bb8a3e4dc.jpglarge.IMG_20221013_153257.jpg.041ca6f484d54b674b089530f7c7ac01.jpglarge.IMG_20221013_153314.jpg.654e5d5c10ac7062af50f8f43cd03699.jpglarge.IMG_20221013_153346.jpg.1d6963a009595947b4695ac347c5efd9.jpglarge.IMG20221013152248.jpg.cac8dde2b06c45c21ed3b1ffde76cb62.jpglarge.IMG20221013153539.jpg.49ef4adfcf38c285555430da092411f5.jpg

Ā 

Thanks for running the comp @Brother-Chaplain Kageand best of luck to everyone!Ā