House Romlas strides forth...

Lord_Ikka

Knight House Romlas 

Title: The Jannissary Court of House Romlas

Household Rank: Secondus

Patent: Warrant of Imperial Immediacy recorded .930 M30. 

Allied Legions/Forgeworlds: Bound servants of Forgeworld Iskolaa

Warden Domain: The Locast Plains, Forgeworld Iskolaa

Cogonem: None

Motto: We are Bonded in Ruin!

Alliegence: Fedelitas Constantus

The tale of House Romlas is full of darkness and misery. Initially founded when a Knight World title was granted to the world of Peltan, House Romlas was one of five noble houses to settle on the world. Peltan was a relatively gentle world for a Knight House, with vast plains for agricultural herds and high mountains perfect for Knight keeps. The local fauna was dangerous to the human colonists, but with five strong Knight houses the conditions improved greatly. 

Unfortunately, the coming Age of Strife threw Peltan's pastoral lifestyle into chaos as multiple incurions by xenos raiders decimated the human forces. After millenia of struggle, records show House Romlas and their brethren at last broke the final xenos bands and reclaimed their world purely for humanity. This was not to last, as the treacherous xenos (still unknown to the Imperium, though the mysterious Eldar stand high in investigators theories) had seeded Peltan with a genetic timebomb. 

When the nearby Forgeworld Iskolaa sent out Explorator fleets, Peltan was discovered to have been changed beyond all recognition. Once grass-clad plains had become disease-rotted marshes, the air itself toxic and foul. Magos Biolagis adepts were startled to find the remants of the human colony clinging to life in the mountain fastnesses, reduced to near-feral levels of technology and culture. Locating what had been House Romlas' seat of power, the Locast Keep, the Magos of Iskolaa found buried in the mountainside an enormous sealed vault of Knight armor. Retrieving old databanks and combining them with the feral tribe's oral myths, the tech-adepts learned that the Knight Houses of Peltan had acted swiftly when the genetic plague erupted by sealing all their armor in Locast Keep and attempting to shepherd as many of the colonists as possible to the hopeful safety of the higher mountains. It is unknown what happened to the last scions of the Knight Houses, but the tribes' stories speak of ancient warriors that faced death clade in naught but skin, welcoming the deadly plague-spoors. 

The adepts of Iskolaa made the decision to take all the Knight armor and the remaining feral humans from Peltan, leaving the world to decay and rot. Forgeworld Iskolaa became the new home of the former Peltans, and soon the Taghmata Iskolaa took control of the tribes. The vast majority of the former tribesmen were inducted into the Skitarii of Iskolaa, to bleed for the Forgeworld in thousands of battles. A few though, were destined for greater things. 

House Romlas was birthed anew, on the renamed bedrock of the Locast Plain. The Magos of Iskolaa gene-screened and selected the best and brightest of the former tribes and  forgeworld workers to become the new House. Pyscho-indoctrinated and mechanically-augmented, these new scions strode to war in both the recovered Knight armor from the old houses and newly forged suits from the factorium of Iskolaa.

The Binary Council and the Lord-Korbaci

Perhaps unique among the Knight Houses, House Romlas is governed by a council of eight, headed by the elected  Lord-Korbaki. The Lord-Korbaki is not a King, but the first among equals, and has the final deciding vote on all matters pertaining to war. The Binary Council rules the Knight House, and wherever House Romlas strides so does the will of the Council.

The ruination of their ancient Houses and former homeworld has left House Romlas with a grim duty to scour the stars of the enemies of Man.  The motto of the House states both their purpose and status, "We are Bonded in Ruin", for the Knights of Romlas bring about burning destruction at the bidding of their Mechanicus masters.

The Lasthold and the Scarving

The Lasthold is the vast fortress of House Romlas. Massive tracts of desolate rock stretch from tall, black walls constantly washed in the oily hydrocarbon rains of Iskolaa. On these barren plains do the Knights of Romlas train in their arts of war. Gouts of fire, lances of energy, and the thudding reports of hard rounds echo on firing range, while massive servitor-forms in combat arenas get cut down by revving chain-weapons and crackling fists. 

Deep in the depths of the Lasthold is the Scarving chamber. The magos of Iskolaa use the chamber to bond the scions of Romlas to the will of the Mechanicus. Ranks of ancient steel cylinders line the chamber, each with room for a single Scion's body. The cylinders are comprised of psych-scourges, pain-goads, and memory blanking augers- this is the Scarving. By going through the Scarving, Romlas Knight pilots are permanently bonded to the Mechanicus of Iskolaa, loyalty coded and emotion-repressed deep in their brains. This process makes the scions cold and distant when interacting with their Imperial allies and has led to a reputation of a House that is utterly without emotion and capable of any act of destruction against their enemies. 

Edited by Lord_Ikka

The Knight Armigers of House Romlas

TFFvgqt.jpeg

cdyxe6b.jpeg

tcar6E3.jpeg

ZXG7QBL.jpeg

The armor panels of the House have deliberately messy/streaky washes on them, to represent the stains left by the hydro-carbon rains of Iskola. I'll upload my Cerastus Knight Atrapos and Questoris Knight Crusader tomorrow, don't have their weapons with me at the moment...

Knight Atrapos and Knight Crusader

Iw1waSj.jpeg

1VeNmFz.jpeg

The full, for now, Janissary Court of House Romlas

lVrgdqE.jpeg

Up next- probably another Questoris chassis or two, a Dominus, and probably some Moirax or more Helverins (have a couple extra Warglaive arms, so all my stuff is magnetized). 

Having my first games with Knights tomorrow/today (I work night shift so it'll be this afternoon I guess) against a buddy. He will be running Imperial Knights for the first game (Moirax-heavy, probably House Taranis or Raven) and SM the second, either BA or SW. Here's my list, with what I have at the moment.

++ Super-Heavy Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [102 PL, 3CP, 1,990pts] ++

Chivalric Oath: Oath: Defend the Realm, Oath: Refuse No Challenge

Game Type: 4. Chapter Approved: War Zone Nephilim

Questor Allegiance: House Raven, Questor Mechanicus

+ Lord of War +

Armiger Helverins [310pts]

Armiger Helverin: Questor Cognis Heavy Stubber

Armiger Helverin: Questor Cognis Heavy Stubber

Armiger Warglaives [-1CP, 300pts]

Armiger Warglaive: Meltagun

Armiger Warglaive: Heirloom: The Bastard's Helm, Heirlooms of the Household, Meltagun

Armiger Warglaives [300pts]

Cerastus Knight Atrapos [520pts]

Knight Crusader [-2CP, 560pts]: Character (Knight Lance), Exalted Court: Forge Master, Meltagun, Revered Paragon, Stormspear Rocket Pod, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, Thermal Cannon, Warlord, Warlord Trait: Blessed by the Sacristans, Warlord Trait: Ion Bulwark

++ Total: [3CP, 1,990pts] ++

The idea is for the Crusader and the Helverins to sit in the backfield (maybe slowly moving the Helverins up), while the Bastard Helm and his buddy flank one side and the Atrapos and other two Armigers work another side/middle. I know the Atrapos isn't great because it lacks synergy, but it's the model I have right now until I get another Questoris, or a Dominus. I chose Raven for my House because while the net-listers say Taranis' 6+++ is statistically 3-5 Wounds more effectively, I personally have terrible luck with rolling Feel No Pains and would rather just have the set bonus of being extremely mobile. I will try to put up a battle report here after the games, if I remember to take pics. 

Alright, so I managed to get two games in with my friend. He played Knight both times, but switched up Houses, first playing House Griffith and then House Raven.

His list was- 

Knight Gallant Warlord

3x Warglaives w/stubbers

3x Moirax w/claw and volkite

2x Moirax w/double grav

1x Moirax w/double conversion beamers

1x Helverin w/stubber

First game (got pics/battle report)

Tide of Conviction, I won deployment and first turn

Setup pics 

4hd0THO.jpeg

2F5Braf.jpeg

1st Round

My shooting manages to kill one of the volkite Moirax on the left, a Warglaive next to his Gallant, and bring the Gallant down to 8 Wounds. No charges are possible, I control the three obs on my side.

ycSRUzi.jpeg

sEkuFdj.jpeg

His turn shooting takes out my Atrapos, but costs him most of his firepower to do so. In the fight phase his Gallant destroys a Helverin and one of his volkite Moirax hits but doesn't kill off my Bastard Helm Warglaive. He holds everything on his side.

kokMdlC.jpeg

O5LOx6w.jpeg

2nd Round

In my shooting phase the second Helverin manages to kill off his Gallant, which explodes but doesn't knock off enough wounds to bracket anyone. My Crusader also takes out a grav Moirax. My fight phase has the Bastard's buddy kill the Moirax in combat with it, but the resulting explosion kills the Bastard. 

Last pic- his turn round 2

6mjqXxR.jpeg

On his turn nothing dies from shooting and in the fight phase his leftmost volkite Moirax kills off my Warglaive, while I kill one of his middle Warglaives.

Round 3

My Helverin takes out the Moirax on the left, freeing up that objective while my Warglaive takes out his last Warglaive in the center of the board. No charges are possible.

His turn nothing happens- bad shooting rolls and he only has his double grav/beamer Moirax and Helverin left, so melee doesn't produce noticeable damage.

Round 4/5

I mop up the remaining Armigers, with my Crusader managing to kill off both the Helverin and the beamer moirax, while a Warglaive picks off the last grav Moirax in turn 5.

End result: 71-31

Second game (no pics, sorry) was Data-scry Salvage, which has terrible primary bonuses for Knights. I managed to win this one quite handily by the end of turn four, 92-55, though the rolls seemed very swingy in my favor. 

Takeaways- I really enjoyed playing the Knights. The secondaries were decent and I though Raven's movement very useful. I'm not super happy with the Atrapos, mainly because it doesn't really synergize with anything and basically was just a giant Warglaive/distraction piece. It did the job, and in the second game dueled the Gallant pretty well, but I would rather have an Errant or something else. My friend's list was very clearly designed as an all-rounder, and would most likely do much better against a non-Knight list.