"Knives In The Void" Kill-Team Painting Challenge

9 minutes ago, Doctor Perils said:

Arg, I've got my kroots already half painted...

Well I'll just have to do another team then won't I :biggrin:

That's what you get for being productive. I still have both Octarius teams on sprue from a year ago to choose from. +1 for laziness! :teehee:

Perfectly timed for my Christmas break and a low-commitment painting project to get me into the swing of painting more regularly again (which I'm planning to have as a 2023 personal goal)!

I probably won't start or commit anything until closer to Christmas, but it might be time for me to paint up my first ever squad of Intercessors!

@Doctor Perils @Halandaar

The Challenge is fairly easy going regarding where people are starting from, so I wouldn't worry too much... but if you really feel like they're too close to being finished, you'd be welcome to enter them as 'out of competition' entries? (if that makes any sort of sense... :tongue:)

Edited by Lysimachus

2 hours ago, Cactus said:

That's what you get for being productive. I still have both Octarius teams on sprue from a year ago to choose from. +1 for laziness! :teehee:

Ha, I think my back up option is going to be the traitor guard from bsf

5 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

@Doctor Perils @Halandaar

The Challenge is fairly easy going regarding where people are starting from, so I wouldn't worry too much... but if you really feel like they're too close to being finished, you'd be welcome to enter them as 'out of competition' entries? (if that makes any sort of sense... :tongue:)

Perhaps :biggrin:

59 minutes ago, Doctor Perils said:

Ha, I think my back up option is going to be the traitor guard from bsf

Aha, we could definitely do with some participants for the Chaotic Factions, haven't got any yet! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Lysimachus said:

Aha, we could definitely do with some participants for the Chaotic Factions, haven't got any yet! :thumbsup:

Gimme time, Ill get there eventually. 

9 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

Funny enough, I just ordered the FW Word Bearers Praetor and the Ashen Circle- they will be my entry. 

Edited by Lord_Ikka

I have an "Out of Competition" entry.

I dug these out, old metal Kasrkin I painted a decade or possibly more ago.

This is completely for the laugh.

Kill Team Blood Gulch.

Spoiler

large.20221008_230209.jpg.ebea99eb2440a7

Spoiler

(B,L) Sarge leads Red Team, with Simmons on GL, Donut, and Grif on PG, with Church (T,L) nominally in charge of Blue 'Suck It' Squad, with Tucker on Comms, Caboose and finally 'Doc'.

These Cadian Heroes have been trapped in tedious yet amusing military exercises, preparing for the day the Imperium, and Master Urkarsar Chief need them.

Maz.

(Moderators, if this in the wrong place, much apologies - please move?)

On 10/8/2022 at 6:27 PM, Mazer Rackham said:

I have an "Out of Competition" entry.

I dug these out, old metal Kasrkin I painted a decade or possibly more ago.

This is completely for the laugh.

Kill Team Blood Gulch.

Reveal hidden contents

large.20221008_230209.jpg.ebea99eb2440a7

Reveal hidden contents

(B,L) Sarge leads Red Team, with Simmons on GL, Donut, and Grif on PG, with Church (T,L) nominally in charge of Blue 'Suck It' Squad, with Tucker on Comms, Caboose and finally 'Doc'.

These Cadian Heroes have been trapped in tedious yet amusing military exercises, preparing for the day the Imperium, and Master Urkarsar Chief need them.

Maz.

(Moderators, if this in the wrong place, much apologies - please move?)

I oddly like that they are all different colors. pink, orange, blue, etc.

28 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Great Idea, been looking at getting into KT. Great time frame also. I'll have a nosey see what I'm hobby butterflying into at the moment. 

I assume proxies, like 30k Alpha Legion models as an intercession team would be ok?

Awesome!

Yeah, I hadn't considered doing 30k Kill-Teams, but as long as you're building it so it works rules-wise as one of the Teams, I'm cool with that!

NB. Just a thought, but if you're going 30k AL, have you considered doing them as a counts-as Phobos Strike team rather than Intercession? Still a 6-man minimum PA team, but they have all sorts of sneaky Operatives and kit/strategies, perfect for the theme!

Edited by Lysimachus

Traitor 30k KTs could very comfortably use the Legionary rules, at least as a framework for a painting event like this. There's no requirement to invest in chainaxes and warpcraft, after all. If you have an oldschool rotor cannon you could pass off as a chaincannon, so much the better.

Well, a very quick update, as it's now just over a week since this started!

We've had an amazing 24 Fraters make vows, and even one Kill-Team completed already!

Perhaps unsurprisingly, we've had most vows for the Loyal Astartes Grand Alliance (with a sizeable number of Badab War Chapters represented! :cool:) but there have been vows made for all of the Alliances!

Lovely to see so many people taking part, but sign-up will stay open all the way through until January, so if you want to join in, please do! :laugh:

• 1 month later...

It’s been a minute since I’ve last painted anything, but I think this challenge will be what gets me motivated again. Still trying to decide between tacticals from the Space Marine heroes line, legionaries, or Phobos. Think I am leaning towards the Phobos as they seem to possibly be a bit more forgiving to paint, and I’ve yet to work with Primaris.

2 hours ago, Daylight said:

It’s been a minute since I’ve last painted anything, but I think this challenge will be what gets me motivated again.

Excellent, everyone is welcome! Yep, we've still got a whole month and a half for the Challenge, including the hols, so plenty of time for a single squad! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

This event will end in less than 24 hours, at 12 noon on 1/2/23 UK time (that should allow right up to the end of 31/1/23 regardless of whatever time zones people are in!) so if you've signed up and got completed Kill Teams to post, make sure you get your finished pics in before that time! :sweat:

Then I'll work out a vote with all of the completed entries!

Well done to everyone that has taken part!!!