+++ Muster the Guard: Hobby Challenge +++

GreenScorpion
Go to solution Solved by GreenScorpion,

33 minutes ago, Jud Cottrell said:

Like Bonehead said the progress is obvious!

Great job on the Command Squad.

I’m very jealous of your eye painting skills!

Its hit and miss (often have to re do it, I use a tiny pen for the pupils!)

And we have a completion: 

large.20230108_213305.jpg.f3fd9a5799a148f2faa81464ae6aa3b3.jpg

I'm pretty happy with these guys given it's my first time painting this squad, a lot more work went into them than an cadian infantry squad so that was a challenge. Apologies as usual for the poor photo, I also need to get better at documenting my progress. 

1 hour ago, Hiroitchi said:

Not bad for some delays over the weekend. Finished 40 infantry, so that’s 4x Squads.  Now I have 2x more squads to go and this should be a breeze before I add more pledges.

Wow i tip my hat good sir, it seems my  time at the top is at an end. 

Still let it not be said im not up for a challenge in the spirit of getting men dressed for combat,

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Greatcrusade08 of the Montgomery 101st, shall raise a further five infantry sqauds and a castellan by February 4th

2.jpg

24 minutes ago, greatcrusade08 said:

Wow i tip my hat good sir, it seems my  time at the top is at an end. 

Still let it not be said im not up for a challenge in the spirit of getting men dressed for combat,

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Greatcrusade08 of the Montgomery 101st, shall raise a further five infantry sqauds and a castellan by February 4th

2.jpg

lol you’re lucky I’m running out of models to paint atm.  The last few squads I have left are NOS and I think I’m going wait for the new upgrade sprue to come out. Lol hopefully is prior to Feb on the release but who knows lol. Good showing as always @greatcrusade08

18 minutes ago, Hiroitchi said:

lol you’re lucky I’m running out of models to paint atm.  The last few squads I have left are NOS and I think I’m going wait for the new upgrade sprue to come out. Lol hopefully is prior to Feb on the release but who knows lol. Good showing as always @greatcrusade08

That's my issue as well. Most of my guard was painted prior, just filling the gaps and adding some new kits. Granted at this point I believe I have over 100 basic infantry.

32 minutes ago, greatcrusade08 said:

Honestly you paint much quicker than I do, not 100% I’ll get my five units done by 4th feb, but I’ve really liked how much this challenge has helped me paint.

a bit of healthy competition is good

bro known you for years since our Raptor days, great to see ya painting and what not. I believe in you!

Further to my previous pledge, I'm adding a Sentinel. I've already started it, in fact. Black under coat and a light green zenithal spray. Not sure where to take it from here though.

I must have had the two I do have for ten years- the other one's still in the box with the film on it. Now they're out of production maybe I should... nah who gives a crap. I'm a get it out and cut it up. I fancy some kind of open-door conversion. It'll give me time to think about what I'm going to do with the paint.

20230109 (2).JPG

20230109 (3).JPG

Finished the last squads. That makes my pledge complete so far. Trying to decide if I should wait till the new Cadian upgrade sprue or just get the other squads in order.

7C30D471-B7F2-46E5-A2B5-CE87D0F32C59.thumb.jpeg.81a0949b3d39e0f954d2b5246b889457.jpeg

B2F0CA43-0144-4890-83AE-0320A9D1690F.thumb.jpeg.9bb729b8760b5e56de32b0c7bfcfce39.jpeg

image.thumb.jpg.98cca8bbf66902549245034e2a0a8c28.jpg

Edited by Hiroitchi
Forgot to add the full army pictures.

I have updated the pledges :smile:

It seems we have a competition going on at the moment and I am happy that this event has helped a lot of people to get some paint on their models.

At the moment the pursuit for the first place on overall completion is almost tied :biggrin: with @Hiroitchi totalling 71 91 completed models and @greatcrusade08 being currently at 68.

I am not sure if the badge I made is good enough to award such a dedication to the guard.

Edit: Hiroitchi completed the rest of the pledge during the writing of this post so I had to update.

Edited by GreenScorpion

21 minutes ago, GreenScorpion said:

Edit: Hiroitchi completed the rest of the pledge during the writing of this post so I had to update.

my bad, sorry about it. I’m still waiting if I should pledge the rest of the infantry since the new kits haven’t had a release date yet.

“In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Hiro of Taskforce 141 shall raise 3x Kasrkin Squads of Torrent Company, 332nd Battallion, 501st Brigade Combat Team by February 4th."

Elites:

3x Kasrkin Squads

C993483F-9BC4-4F21-8650-968C8946031C.thumb.jpeg.5fb60cb43b77f883fa9e62891436e140.jpeg

Edited by Hiroitchi
Added picture of the pledge

1 hour ago, GreenScorpion said:

@Hiroitchi I have added your pledge to the list, but you didn't add a picture to the pledge (although I have seen it on your own thread), so please add the picture with the primed/single colour status and I will update the list accordingly.

corrected.