Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

7 hours ago, Sothalor said:

It is not confirmed.

People are jumping to the conclusion that it'll be at least three because of the art for Volume 2. But...

While true, I don't think that it's the only reason to think it's gonna be more than 2 volumes. There's mutiple plot points to tie up, and multiple more to set up. Not to mention it's Dan abnett. He tends to get carried away while writing. He admitted as much in Magos after word, since that was supposed to be just a short story. And he probably wants to do this story justice by writing a proper ending, since he has a tendency to rush said endings, because of his overindulgence on plot.

Keep in mind that Abnett also said in the last video interview that the entire book was already written. It's finished. The splitting is happening at the editorial stage, because it's a mammoth novel they can't feasibly publish as a shelf-brick.

Whether it's two or three volumes in the end is not really something down to Abnett anymore, but corporate, including the editors figuring out good end points for each.

...unless they go back and ask him to actually write more to bulk out the shorter tome.

Guymer gave an interview for WarCom about Angron: The Red Angel

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/02/01/david-guymer-interview-how-will-the-world-eaters-cope-with-angrons-return/

There'll be a Grey Knight who survived Armageddon during The Emperor's Gift (there were a few others besides the ones named in that novel, though not many), and the World Eaters have three major PoV characters that complement one another's arcs.

Actually has me excited now.

11 hours ago, DarkChaplain said:

Guymer gave an interview for WarCom about Angron: The Red Angel

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/02/01/david-guymer-interview-how-will-the-world-eaters-cope-with-angrons-return/

There'll be a Grey Knight who survived Armageddon during The Emperor's Gift (there were a few others besides the ones named in that novel, though not many), and the World Eaters have three major PoV characters that complement one another's arcs.

Actually has me excited now.

I do like how he is using a character that was on Armageddon but is not someone like Hyperion, and rather than take the easy (easier) answer of picking up Hyperion from ADB, he's writing basically a new character. We need more new characters in 40k that aren't primarchs

I’m just planning my audiobook listening schedule for the coming weeks - does anyone know the actual day that SoT book 8 will be released (as in, when I could go to the Warhammer shop to physically buy it?) I want to make sure I’ve re-listened to book 7 just before book 8 comes out.  

1 hour ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

does anyone know the actual day that SoT book 8 will be released

It will be released on saturday, 18.02.2023, on Gamesworkshop. Whether it is going to be released just as soon in the GW stores, that I don’t know.

3 minutes ago, chevalierdulys said:

Btw, is there a list of special editions released so far by Black Library? 

Like a list of all of them ever? There’s nothing public that I know of, but some people may be tracking that privately. I know a few fraters keep spreadsheets/notes of what BL puts out. Track of Words has been keeping track (no pun intended) of BL releases since 2020 on his website, which would give you a partial list: https://www.trackofwords.com/2020/01/11/keep-track-of-upcoming-black-library-releases/

This is my list of Black Library special/limited editions; excludes The Horus Heresy main series, Siege of Terra, The Primarchs, multi-volume box sets, and anything on the Old World / Age of Sigmar side. I think its pretty comprehensive for 40K but there may well be some missing

Iron Warrior
Daenyathos
The Unkindness of Ravens
Mephiston: Lord of Death
Rebirth
The Talon of Horus
Sons of Wrath
Sabbat Crusade
Skitarius
Lemartes: Guardian of the Lost
Tech-Priest
Asurmen: Hand of Asuryan
Ragnar Blackmane
Cassius
Shrike
Warden of the Blade
Fabius Bile: Primogenitor
Azrael
Dante
Warlord: Fury of the God Machine
Vaults of Terra: The Carrion Throne
Jain Zar: The Storm of Silence
Titanicus
Dark Imperium
The Horusian Wars: Resurrection
Black Legion
Watchers of the Throne: The Emperor's Legion
The Warmaster
The Magos
Lukas the Trickster
Imperator: Wrath of the Omnissiah
The Lords of Silence
Blood of Iax
Spear of the Emperor
Black Fortress
Celestine: The Living Saint
Kal Jerico: Sinner's Bounty
Apocalypse
Valdor: Birth of the Imperium
Darkness in the Blood
Mark of Faith
Ephrael Stern: The Heretic Saint
Indomitus
Avenging Son
Blackstone Fortress: Ascension
Luther: First of the Fallen
Ravenor
Astorath: Angel of Mercy
The Helwinter Gate
Siege of Terra, Book Five: Mortis
The Gate of Bones
The Swords of Calth: a Uriel Ventris Novel
Penitent
Ravenor Returned
Dark Imperium: Godblight
Ghazghkull Thraka: Prophet of the Waaagh!
The Vincula Insurgency: Ghost Dossier 1
The Sabbats Worlds Crusade (large-format book)
Storm of Iron
Double Eagle
The Twice Dead King: Ruin
The Wolftime
Volpone Glory
The Twice Dead King: Reign
The Triumph of Saint Katherine
Sigismund: The Eternal Crusader
Ravenor Rogue
Ahriman: Eternal
Pariah
Throne of Light
Huron Blackheart: Master of the Maelstrom
Khârn: Eater of Worlds
Cthonia's Reckoning
Helbrecht: Knight of the Throne
The Devastation of Baal
Warboss
Awakenings
War of the Fang
Shadowsun: The Patient Hunter
Cadian Blood
Armageddon
Angron: The Red Angel

Thank you Both. I've collected some innitial special editions back when they starting coming out like Iron Warrior or Daenyathos but then I kept buying the normal epaperback. Now I have some more buying I am trying to buy the new ones. To be honest buying in ebay or so it's two expensive. I won't pay 100€ for a 50€ book. But at least I got a feeling what exists (as you I have a file of all books since boxtree editions (I have all of them) but I was missing these special editions.

Thank you both,

Btw @skylerboodie that's really amazing you've got all of those books . Congrats

I almost had one but when I wanted to press the final submit botton, I received a message that an article is not available anymore. Was on time and yet, they pulled it right under my feet. Also heard that the side was attacked via a DDOS assault. Hence why the site was slow and took longer to process.

Nonetheless, it's again a (sadly) great example of the LE order process. Already saw an eBay offer from Germany about 200+ dollar for Angron....yeah....great

Was able to get the hardback though which itself was quickly sold out soon after.

Congratulatios to all who were quicker. ;)

18 hours ago, chevalierdulys said:

Thank you Both. I've collected some innitial special editions back when they starting coming out like Iron Warrior or Daenyathos but then I kept buying the normal epaperback. Now I have some more buying I am trying to buy the new ones. To be honest buying in ebay or so it's two expensive. I won't pay 100€ for a 50€ book. But at least I got a feeling what exists (as you I have a file of all books since boxtree editions (I have all of them) but I was missing these special editions.

Thank you both,

Btw @skylerboodie that's really amazing you've got all of those books . Congrats

There is a guy called Denis on the BL Nutters fb group who has compiled a spreadsheet of every single BL release (including all the shorts!) including limited editions.  

4 hours ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

The usual ‘store it all up and then release a torrent on BL celebration day’ routine.  Ho hum.

I was genuinely shocked and surprised as I was checking the BL news and doing a double take, then looking at a calendar checking how many Saturdays this month has  knowing End and the Death and the new Indomitus novel are coming out this month.

Prepare to clench your buttholes! The Limited Weekender is here!

Spoiler

LHp3IikvKZ2LkwZQ.thumb.jpg.6ff2b37432b95b77d64997211b7be6e1.jpg

5hEqnyANI1EPSZgn.thumb.jpg.ed11ccb7062302a61533788b82217b1f.jpg

E7S5Poe0ObT854S2.thumb.jpg.1665d99248cbe0d0f7434836080a4142.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/02/12/sunday-preview-reinforce-the-astra-militarum-and-prepare-for-the-black-library-celebration/

Those Gaunts Ghost print on demand look kinda nice.

Edited by System Sound

Well, as mentioned before, next saturday is Black Library celebration and the next installments of 'Dawn of Fire - The Iron Kingdom' and 'Siege of Terra - The End and the Death Volume 1' are going to be released.

Also, the 20th aniversary Edition of 'Angels of Darkness', the readers choice edition of 'Skarsnik' and 'The Macharian Crusade - Angel of Fire'.

Also a 'coffe table book' (? maybe something like the 'Sabbat Crusade') of the 'First Founding'.

Ah, and there is a regular AoS release for 'The Bad Loon Rising'.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/02/12/sunday-preview-reinforce-the-astra-militarum-and-prepare-for-the-black-library-celebration/

Good luck to everybody. It is going to be one hell to get any book or edition.