Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

So First Founding isn’t limited edition is it? 

I normally just buy BL ebooks but want to try and get a physical copy of that book. I take it I preorder it from the GW site rather than the BL one?

I’ll be clicking refresh from 10am next Saturday and hopefully I grab one. 

Good luck to all those going for the true limited editions!

15 minutes ago, Burni said:

I normally just buy BL ebooks but want to try and get a physical copy of that book. I take it I preorder it from the GW site rather than the BL one?

Its sorta a limited edition? When its gone its gone. Just like any other source book before. 

42 minutes ago, Burni said:

It’s not a numbered LE release, no.  

10 minutes ago, chevalierdulys said:

What's the purpose of having some stories for english version & other stories for french/german?

Why are the stories different? Doesn't make much sense to me...

They probably didn’t have the ‘new’ English stories translated in time.  Hence having to publish ‘old’ (but already translated) stories. 

I don't know what happened but I realized I'm not actually that interested in the next DoF. I might even skip the SE. It's probably down to the author, I haven't enjoyed a single book written by Kyme. He might be a good editor but as a writer, not so much. I was hoping they would invite some of the new authors to write a book or two in this series.

The GG trilogy looks good but no word whether they bother to do the rest of the series in the same style. Well, from all the fancy offerings, the book I'm most excited about is Bad Loon Rising.

I have been thinking about it and i can live with the last siege book being 1-? sub books.  What is going to drive me ( and likely some others) mental is getting the first LE and then missing out on 1-?? of the others. I wish they would have at least dropped them in one go.  Honestly cant decide if i should try and get a copy. Tho deffo trying to get first founding.  

Edited by Nagashsnee

2 hours ago, theSpirea said:

I don't know what happened but I realized I'm not actually that interested in the next DoF. I might even skip the SE. It's probably down to the author, I haven't enjoyed a single book written by Kyme. He might be a good editor but as a writer, not so much. I was hoping they would invite some of the new authors to write a book or two in this series.

The GG trilogy looks good but no word whether they bother to do the rest of the series in the same style. Well, from all the fancy offerings, the book I'm most excited about is Bad Loon Rising.

I've read the first four instalments, but the blurb for book five just sounds really uninteresting and more appropriate to a 52 book series like the HH rather than a small series like DoF.

1 hour ago, Nagashsnee said:

I have been thinking about it and i can live with the last siege book being 1-? sub books.  What is going to drive me ( and likely some others) mental is getting the first LE and then missing out on 1-?? of the others. I wish they would have at least dropped them in one go.  Honestly cant decide if i should try and get a copy. Tho deffo trying to get first founding.  

Yeah, i was thinking the same, i was ready for 8 books and that's it, the pain is over.

I will put all my efforts to get the LE SoT as well DoF, but i will be calm with missing one of them, I'm so frustrated with those preorders that i would free when this is over.

Black Library Celebration 2023 eshort subscription details (via FNAC):

20th Feb - The Horus Heresy - Primacy - Marc Collins

A Lord Commander Eidolon Short

Lord Commander Eidolon exalts in his new power, yet even he is subject to the whims of court politics. Bereft of their primarch in the aftermath of Fulgrim's ascension, the Legion has begun to fracture. Eidolon is one of many delegates summoned to a feast to celebrate, to mourn the primarch’s apotheosis, and to discuss what comes next. Eidolon is well aware that most of his rivals consider him to be stunted, broken, and a symbol of the past but the ambitious Lord Commander holds the support of the Kakophoni, and has ambitions of swelling his ranks further...

21st Feb - Age of Sigmar - Zograt - Andy Clark

A Zograt and Skrog Short Story

Everyone is surprised when Zograt the Runt is selected to embark on a perilous quest to secure a rare fungus for his tribal leader. But even if he succeeds in his task, will Zograt receive his promised reward? And, if he does, from whom will it come his bullying boss, Skram, who seems likely to betray him, or a much worthier and far more powerful patron...?

22nd Feb - Age of Sigmar - The Long Run - Chris Thursten

A Neave Blacktalon Short Story

The Blacktalons are tasked to assassinate a Daemon Prince, taking advantage of the fiendish creature's distraction as it enjoys slowly torturing an Azyrite-led relief convoy. Ever the dutiful Azyrite himself, Hendrick must balance his instinct to lead and protect with his new duty to the Blacktalon Prime, Neave.

23rd Feb - 40K - The Nature of Prayer - Danie Ware

An Augusta Santorus Short Story

When attempting to secure a key mining facility, a young Sister Augusta Santorus is forced to face down a horde of tyranids. Can faith alone defy the ravenous appetites of the Hive Mind, and turn aside its seemingly never-ending swarms?

24th Feb - 40K - The Bleeding Stars - Robert Rath

A Trazyn the Infinite Short Story

Fresh from the near-destruction of the prismatic gallery by the Bell of St. Gerstahl, Trazyn sets out to visit another necron crownworld. His aim? To verify a hunch that the chime foretold the arrival of another Black Crusade, en route to Cadia...

23 hours ago, Burni said:

*snip*

Considering how these things have gone in the past I'd start refreshing 5 to 10 minutes before 10am 

It is time.

Dans first part of the final SoT phase is finally coming.

*picks up his bolter, a shovel, medpacks, stims (enough to stay awake for some days), a plush Squig,.....*

Alright lads. I'm ready for ya. Let the rage and salt come. We all know how this will gonna end as soon as the first spoilers hit.

34 minutes ago, Kelborn said:

It is time.

Dans first part of the final SoT phase is finally coming.

*picks up his bolter, a shovel, medpacks, stims (enough to stay awake for some days), a plush Squig,.....*

Alright lads. I'm ready for ya. Let the rage and salt come. We all know how this will gonna end as soon as the first spoilers hit.

The salt mines are gonna work overtime. I'm excited to see what Abnett will do with the finale, be it crazy twist or sticking to the old lore.

The Resting Places, the next Horror anthology, is up for preorder on Mar 5th: https://www.fnac.com/livre-numerique/a17773078/David-Annandale-The-Resting-Places#omnsearchpos=3

Also up for preorder is the next Horror novel, Black Eyed Saint. Seems like releasing 2 horror works on the same weekend would cannibalize sales, but maybe they’ll cross promote?

Edited by cheywood

10 hours ago, Kelborn said:

All he has to do is keep the twists to non universe/core lore shaking things and no one will really have a issue...doubly so if he does it to tie in to one of his 40k books.  Tho if we are treating his 1-? last book books as one big book the first book should be pretty easy sailing and 90% build up. 

But yeah the sec Valdor reveals how his bio father was the king of Yellonia and he just died which he guesses kinda sorta makes him a king in the newly renamed siege sector of  yellow wall or other drivel the old salt shaker will topple. 

Tho tbh trying and watching other people try to guess how he will twist/retcon it all has been its own fun.

Edited by Nagashsnee

8 hours ago, Nagashsnee said:

All he has to do is keep the twists to non universe/core lore shaking things and no one will really have a issue...doubly so if he does it to tie in to one of his 40k books.  Tho if we are treating his 1-? last book books as one big book the first book should be pretty easy sailing and 90% build up. 

But yeah the sec Valdor reveals how his bio father was the king of Yellonia and he just died which he guesses kinda sorta makes him a king in the newly renamed siege sector of  yellow wall or other drivel the old salt shaker will topple. 

Tho tbh trying and watching other people try to guess how he will twist/retcon it all has been its own fun.

Has there ever been any definitive explanation in what happened to Valdor post Siege? Is he mentioned in relation to The Scouring? Does he just vanish from the Lore?

AND...I just dug out a couple of codexes and all the clues are there plain as day. No need for any lore changes or retcons when it comes to Valdor.

Edited by DukeLeto69

9 hours ago, Urauloth said:

Black Eyed Saint is the third Murghast book, isn't it?
At least when it comes to The Resting Places, I've only read one of the shorts it contains, so I'll probably pick it up if it reviews well.

I hope Black Eyed Saint will be better than Briardark. That one didn't move the mystery along nearly as much, and I got tired of the protagonist repeatedly doing things stupidly.

As for the Resting Places shorts, I read The Vintage and The Isenbrach Horror last night on a whim. The Vintage was a bit of a letdown because it ended too soon, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

But The Isenbrach Horror deserved to be at least a novella. It's actually based on ancient 40k lore - to the point where it appears like a WHFB story on first glance! - and I'd have loved for it to be longer, more in-depth. It's kind of a love letter to forgotten lore of days of yore.

15 hours ago, cheywood said:

The Resting Places, the next Horror anthology, is up for preorder on Mar 5th: https://www.fnac.com/livre-numerique/a17773078/David-Annandale-The-Resting-Places#omnsearchpos=3

Also up for preorder is the next Horror novel, Black Eyed Saint. Seems like releasing 2 horror works on the same weekend would cannibalize sales, but maybe they’ll cross promote?

Awesome, getting it just to have Aberration and Bird of Change in print, loved those two shorts.