Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

27 minutes ago, cheywood said:

Another week, another botched Black Library limited edition sale. I wasn’t particularly invested in getting this one, but it still stings a little. Once the Siege is over I think I’m done collecting for the most part. There’s no joy or excitement in it anymore, just frustration. Time to stick to ebooks.

I am not happy with the situation either, I would imagine that people are running bot programs to spam the website and essentially steal CEs from legitimate customers.

I was ontime at precisely 12:55 today got the CE in my cart the website crashed and when it came back the book was sold out. I feel like GW just doesnt give a :cuss: at all and are just happy their products are being sold. They dont care that scalpers are price gouging their fanbase or causing us frustration.

Another odd thing is I find the website is working on Opera browser but not chrome and is still giving me a maintenance message.

Oh for any spoilers I found out that Dawn of Fire book six is coming out in July. Amazon has the book up.

Edited by Krelious

1 hour ago, Krelious said:

Another odd thing is I find the website is working on Opera browser but not chrome and is still giving me a maintenance message.

See, this feels like something I'm experiencing. I'm on Safari and currently the GW webstore (20:27 in the UK currently) is giving me a generic "An unknown error has occurred" message. I'm getting it frequently, but I'm also having periods where I can get in to the store. Perhaps I should try a different browser?

12 hours ago, m_r_parker said:

See, this feels like something I'm experiencing. I'm on Safari and currently the GW webstore (20:27 in the UK currently) is giving me a generic "An unknown error has occurred" message. I'm getting it frequently, but I'm also having periods where I can get in to the store. Perhaps I should try a different browser?

I was trying to access the website yesterday on three different machines (phone and tablets) each using three different browsers.  I was originally on at 955 using safari, but when I got to the checkout page (with vouchers loaded!) it wouldn’t check out, then the website crashes started.  I got back in on safari again, on the tablet this time, but it was 1020 by that point and was sold out.

By a minor miracle I have had a very kind BL fan reach out to me, having seen my post that I missed out on the LE, and he has offered to sell me his copy for RRP.  It never ceases to amaze me how many cool and generous people there are in the BL community.  

30 minutes ago, System Sound said:

Short interview with Justin D Hill, about his upcoming SoB novel, Pilgrims of Fire.

WarCom Link

I'm actually interested now in reading it, seeing as it has the "Cursed 5th" fleet involved.

Very excited about this one. For some reason, I can't get into Ware's take on SoB and so far I've enjoyed Hill's books. Plus the cover looks amazing!

Let's hope BL won't abandon this series 

This is the first of a series that will each feature one of the main orders of the Adeptus Sororitas. By the end we’ll have novels covering all six of the major orders militant of the Sisters of Battle and showing how each is defined by their history and mission. 

Another week with nothing new released which is a bit strange since on their (not really good coming soon page it was hinted that Warriors of the Freeguilds was going to be released and if I am not mistake it was hinted also the box set of anthony reynolds novels... Maybe I am mistake on the latter but the Freeguilds at least should have been released.

Not a great month to be honest with only 2 new novels with The Last Volari & The Lion - Sons of the Forest. Everything else was either another format OR omnibus of previously publish stuff. Let's hope for a more fulfilling May.  At least we are expecting Pilgrims of Fire & Blightslayer. Not expecting LE from those. So what's next on the agenda?

For what we know we waiting more

Creed Ashes of Cadia

Longshot

Shadow of the Eight

The Martyr's Tomb

Once a Killer

The King of the Spoil

(Not going to mention Word Bearers Box Set or The End and the Death volume 2)

Anyone knows more of previously mentioned novels?

11 minutes ago, chevalierdulys said:

For what we know we waiting more

Creed Ashes of Cadia

Longshot

Shadow of the Eight

The Martyr's Tomb

Once a Killer

The King of the Spoil

(Not going to mention Word Bearers Box Set or The End and the Death volume 2)

Anyone knows more of previously mentioned novels?

Those are all the announced titles I believe. It’s possible we’ll see another book announced this Wednesday or during the Warhammer Preview since BL always puts out a book to accompany a new edition of 40k/AOS. My guess is Hinks is doing it again this year, but I’m not especially confident in that. 

To add some more info: 

The Martryr’s Tomb and King of the Spoil are dated for July

Longshot is dated for August

Once a Killer is dated for October

I’m not going to list specific dates since those are usually wrong

At least they're finally plugging the hole in Wraight's Space Wolves audio library. Was really awkward having them release book three first, and only now getting to the second. Blood of Asaheim released in October 2022 (the German edition had an audiobook in March 2022, funnily enough), and that's an entire year after Helwinter Gate was out.

I have Asaheim and Stormcaller in hardback, never got Helwinter to match, decided to get the trio in audio format and got stuck without Stormcaller until now. I'll be glad to finally have all three in the same format!

1 hour ago, DarkChaplain said:

At least they're finally plugging the hole in Wraight's Space Wolves audio library. Was really awkward having them release book three first, and only now getting to the second. Blood of Asaheim released in October 2022 (the German edition had an audiobook in March 2022, funnily enough), and that's an entire year after Helwinter Gate was out.

Wait, they did a German Audiobook?

First time I'm hearing about it.

Are there any other and why that one in specific? Oo

2 hours ago, Kelborn said:

Wait, they did a German Audiobook?

First time I'm hearing about it.

Are there any other and why that one in specific? Oo

Eins A Medien has either licensed or partnered with BL to release a lot of 40k audiobooks the past few years, including some of the classics that BL either hasn't done yet or is behind on. Not just German editions, but also some in French.

The Heresy seems to be up to The Unremembered Empire by now, some Primarchs, but even The Twice-Dead King: Ruin released recently, and Dawn of Fire, and Gotrek & Felix... They're also at least one book ahead for Uriel Ventris, a bunch in Gaunt's Ghosts, and have covered Eisenhorn (as far back as 2019!), Ravenor, Ciaphas Cain, Night Lords, even Guy Haley's Baneblade.

You can actually pick up a few Heresy omnibuses on Audible for a single credit, for like 40 hours of listening.

Most of what they're publishing is pretty much Perry Rhodan, which is unlikely to end anytime soon, but it also makes sense that they'd go all in on Warhammer, from that perspective.

So there you go, German folks, now you know that there are audiobooks of many of the German-language BL releases!

Edited by DarkChaplain

For as disappointing as the physical copies side of the BL business has been over the past few years, the audiobook offering is truly superb.  Great narration with a real effort for continuity of VA, especially in the main series, and a consistent effort to convert old books to the audio format.  Audible is also a great app and offers such insane value for money (24 books for £120 per year is just mind boggling when I am paying £35/45 for a random SE!)  

Not 40K but BL related and I loved Godeater's Son. Noah Van Nguyen is a promising author and we haven't seen AoS LE in quite some time. Dear mods, please don't delete this post.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/26/join-yndrasta-on-a-legendary-hunt-in-her-first-first-full-length-black-library-outing/

Dear fraters, please don't engage in AoS discussion and take this one only as an informative post to keep an eye on this upcoming title should you be interested in <censored> setting.

Edited by theSpirea

10 hours ago, Sothalor said:

The mods are really, really sensitive about AoS stuff popping up in the BL forum (across B&C in general, really). It's part of the overall forum policies.

OH well... Don't understand the need for that. it's just a post of upcoming BL stuff. Either way it's a LE, 1250 copies. I bet it is not going to be the most frenzied thing every but I am eagerly waiting. It's very pretty LE from the photos we have. Eagerly waiting

1 hour ago, chevalierdulys said:

OH well... Don't understand the need for that. it's just a post of upcoming BL stuff. Either way it's a LE, 1250 copies. I bet it is not going to be the most frenzied thing every but I am eagerly waiting. It's very pretty LE from the photos we have. Eagerly waiting

I fret about leaving fingerprints on the black covers of LEs and have avoided titles like Double Eagle because of how nervous I’d be reading ones with light colours. Pretty’s one thing; I just want practicality.

That said…I loved Noah’s 40K work as well as his AoS stuff so I think I’ll have to go for this one.

The coming soon page has had a relatively significant update through June: https://www.warhammer-community.com/blacklibrarycomingsoon/

In terms of new 40k titles we’re getting: 

The Martyr’s Tomb

King of the Spoil

Cypher regular edition

There’s also the Yndrasta LE and a large number of paperbacks.

In total that will bring us to 16 new novels/novellas over the first six months of the year. The only remaining novels without official release dates are Creed: Ashes of Cadia, Shadow of the Eighth, Longshot (dated for August by other retailers) and TEaTD pt2. Perhaps there’s another wave of Guard releases coming later this year to tie in with all the novels? 

Van Nguyen has been great so far, any new stuff from him is good news. I kinda think he and Richard Strachan might be the AoS team now, but I'd like to see him write about chaos in 40k as well sometime because he did such an interesting job in Godeater's Son. His Crime anthology entries are very good.

Looking forward to Martyr's Tomb. Could be the best one in the series so far. That isn't Gate of Bones

On 4/26/2023 at 10:50 PM, theSpirea said:

Not 40K but BL related and I loved Godeater's Son. Noah Van Nguyen is a promising author and we haven't seen AoS LE in quite some time. Dear mods, please don't delete this post.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/26/join-yndrasta-on-a-legendary-hunt-in-her-first-first-full-length-black-library-outing/

Dear fraters, please don't engage in AoS discussion and take this one only as an informative post to keep an eye on this upcoming title should you be interested in <censored> setting.

Well, you were sharing information that we'll get a new novel from an author who hasn't been prominent in 40k this far and you're hoping to one day switch over, right? ;)

See nothing wrong with that.

On 4/23/2023 at 2:28 PM, cheywood said:

Those are all the announced titles I believe. It’s possible we’ll see another book announced this Wednesday or during the Warhammer Preview since BL always puts out a book to accompany a new edition of 40k/AOS. My guess is Hinks is doing it again this year, but I’m not especially confident in that. 

Called it. I’ve been in the mood for some giant alien confrontations, hopefully Hinks does a good job.