Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

1 minute ago, aa.logan said:

Not *that* fussed about getting this LE, but it is infuriating that website issues once again are messing things up; added to my basket at 9.55 but unable to checkout yet.

Same here and the webstore is now down for maintenance. It plain sucks.

Just wondering about other people's experience with the site today. I noticed last night (~20:00 BST) that I couldn't get to the webstore due to an 'Unexpected Error' which persisted (for me) up until 10:00 today when the error page updated to a 'Maintenance' page. This isn't the first time this has happened this week, twice during the evening over the past few days I've experienced the same issue. I'm intrigued that someone (at least) has managed to get the site up and get to a pre-order - I'm just wondering what other peoples experience has been like.

Not necessarily the point of this thread, but I couldn't find the specific one relating to GW site issues on launch days

this is awful... How can they not learn? You've got the drama one month ago. You've got the biggest new since the first primarch and you expect. it will be fine, nobody buys this stuff anyway lol

they sure don't work well.. I am a bit scared to be honest that my order will be cancelled I want to buy arks of omen but it was dragging so I check out the LE which I had to pay more 12€ of postages when I could get the arks of omen and the LE with free postages. IT's absurd. My question , honest question, why? Why do I even bother for a company that simply does not care about the customers experience? IF it did, this type of crappy situation wouldn't happen. They have 2000 books to sell. They must be capable of handling at LEAST 2000 customers on the website. I am not even talking people who want the miniature, the other stuff on preorder that will disappear in 5m. It's absurd... it's strange. It's a bit of masochist stuff.. it must be. because I wouldn't accept this for any other company lol

Oh well, having rant a bit, see in you, two weeks or three when they release something shiny lol 

I am kidding of course, well part of it. But GW should treat the fans/customers with more care.

Damnit, I've been dealing laptop on wifi and phone on mobile data, and still get nothing.

This does not bode well for the next SoT novel. As someone with all the LE's in that series so far I have major anxiety about not being able to finish that off.

I guess I'll keep trying the GW page. I still want a copy of Arks Lion to see how they handle his return, may end up with a copy of the novel (eventually).

4 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

I still want a copy of Arks Lion to see how they handle his return, may end up with a copy of the novel (eventually).

Both are still available as standard versions (book as Hardback of course) 

After half an hour, I was able to get a hardback copy.

But still, what a freaking mess that was.

Still baffled about it. And eBay booms with LEs. What a Emperor damned mess.

Edited by Kelborn

52 minutes ago, OpossumStrong said:

its unbelievable how even such "small" release is dropping the website

To be fair, this could be considered quite a big release (Son of the Forest)...it's the return of a loyalist Primarch and a popular one at that.

Still, BL's inabilility or unwillingness to fix these technical issues is pretty unprofessional.

56 minutes ago, aa.logan said:

Not *that* fussed about getting this LE, but it is infuriating that website issues once again are messing things up; added to my basket at 9.55 but unable to checkout yet.

Exactly the same experience here.  In basket at that time but couldn’t check out.

first ever LE I have missed out on.  Was bound to happen some time I guess!

After an hour of refreshing was able to get to my basket. Unsurprisingly couldn’t check out as all copies have sold. Removed from basket so hopefully I don’t get the patronising email. Selling out fast and missing out because of that I can handle. The website breaking, *again* just feels unfair.

Ah well.

14 minutes ago, b1soul said:

To be fair, this could be considered quite a big release (Son of the Forest)...it's the return of a loyalist Primarch and a popular one at that.

Still, BL's inabilility or unwillingness to fix these technical issues is pretty unprofessional.

I'm sure not everyone interested in DA and Lion,i actually dislike DA a lot,i got the book just because i like how it looks and I'm just interested in some points of DA that would prove me(again) that im right in my view towards them, or prove me wrong and i would be amazed (:no:).

But yeah is a big release,i just meant "small" compare to SoT or New edition with something limited etc.

16 minutes ago, aa.logan said:

After an hour of refreshing was able to get to my basket. Unsurprisingly couldn’t check out as all copies have sold. Removed from basket so hopefully I don’t get the patronising email. Selling out fast and missing out because of that I can handle. The website breaking, *again* just feels unfair.

Ah well.

Same here...

Frust,.PNG

All the copies on Ebay are for the limited edition. Weird, would the print run for the sold out regular hardback have been even smaller than its usual miniscule print run I wonder?

Ah well. There is always a paperback that will release a year from now :facepalm:

So my webpage has transitioned from "Maintenance" back to "Unknown Error", which has been it's default state to me for the past 14 hours or so. Screenshotted below. It sounds like other people are able to get back on again, and I've tried from a laptop on Wifi to a mobile on data with the same result. Is anyone else getting this, or is it just me?

Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 11.47.47.png

I didn’t try for the limited edition, but the website was slow as hell to navigate, and I even had trouble with other stores sites today presumably because of the Lion model. 

Well, I've finally managed to get back on the webstore. Wanted a copy of Arks of Omen, both the regular and limited edition were gone. Hardback copy of Sons of the Forest, gone. The Lion model, also gone. Even the new Azrael model is out of stock...

I guess I'll have to pop into my local GW store next week and see if I can reserve a copy of the Arks book for Saturday - provided they 1) actually get copies, and 2) they get them on time. 

27 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

Well, I've finally managed to get back on the webstore. Wanted a copy of Arks of Omen, both the regular and limited edition were gone. Hardback copy of Sons of the Forest, gone. The Lion model, also gone. Even the new Azrael model is out of stock...

I guess I'll have to pop into my local GW store next week and see if I can reserve a copy of the Arks book for Saturday - provided they 1) actually get copies, and 2) they get them on time. 

Might recommend you do so ASAP, my GW store (though not a UK store) only got a limited number allocated to them, think they still had Arks to order but they only had 9 copies  of the hardcover novel allocated and all spoken for today already

Another week, another botched Black Library limited edition sale. I wasn’t particularly invested in getting this one, but it still stings a little. Once the Siege is over I think I’m done collecting for the most part. There’s no joy or excitement in it anymore, just frustration. Time to stick to ebooks.