Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

What stood out to me in Hinks' interview is how he's talking about the Ultramarines First Company like this is some new threat and they need to, like, not take it lightly and totally come at it with all their strength.

Did everybody forget that the last time the First Company faced off against Tyranids, they literally died to a man at the Battle of Macragge? I would've expected to see that mentioned at least in passing, because the amount of PRIDE/REVENGE/HATE going on for the First being in a similar situation to what happened to their extremely dead forebears would be pretty extreme.

9 hours ago, System Sound said:

New Fehervari short!? It's about Tau!?

We're even going back to Phaedra!

On Phaedra, battling armies of waterborne t'au and Imperials unwittingly disturb a monstrous Chaos creature that has slumbered for centuries.

Already speculating in my head...

Edited by DarkChaplain
Forum software dum dum.

On 5/10/2023 at 11:46 AM, Jscarlos18 said:

How good is Darius Hinks? The interview looks promising but would be sad if tyranids end up looking pathetic in the book.

I enjoy him. His BSF books were pretty cool. The Mephiston series wasn't stellar, but it had some  fun moments.

I can recall a news article of upcoming 2023 releases and the one thing they havent released is the Word Bearers Trilogy box set. I was wondering if anyone has an idea when its coming? 

10 hours ago, Krelious said:

I can recall a news article of upcoming 2023 releases and the one thing they havent released is the Word Bearers Trilogy box set. I was wondering if anyone has an idea when its coming? 

It may be the end of the year. With the release of Arks of Omen and new 10 edition, I think word bearers are receiving new models in Q3 (or is Q4?) can seem to remember the particular time.  So I bet they will join both releases? 

2 hours ago, ZeroWolf said:

Word Bearers are getting new stuff? When was that said or is it just a rumour? We know it's likely that the World Eaters will be getting more.

Not new, just a special edition of the omnibus.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/12/04/heres-whats-coming-to-black-library-in-2023/

It's with the Armageddon SE in there.

Also what ever happened to the Emperor's Gift audiobook? I thought that was announced a long while ago

42 minutes ago, darkhorse0607 said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/12/04/heres-whats-coming-to-black-library-in-2023/

Also what ever happened to the Emperor's Gift audiobook? I thought that was announced a long while ago

Only thing Ive really be able to find is this listing on barnes and noble
image.png.d50b3972803e1226e18993abd2c62a7f.png

4 hours ago, darkhorse0607 said:

It was announced in that linked article, alongside a ton of other stuff that's coming sometime this year.

Other titles still waiting are:

The Chapter's Due, Elfslayer, Manslayer, Choose Your Enemies & Only in Death.

We only have confirmations that these will be coming, but that's it. They'll probably drop The Emperor's Gift when the Grey Knights come around after Leviathan.

Future stuff that we know that is coming out this year (not counting omnibus since they bring nothing "new")

The Martyr's Tomb    - Marc Collins        jun/2023    Dawn of Fire
The King of the Spoil   - Jonathan D Beer        jun/2023    *Warhammer Crime
Creed Ashes of Cadia    -Jude Reid        ???? (imperial guard novel)
Longshot    - Rob Young        ????      (imperial guard novel)
Shadow of the Eight -   Justin D Hill        ????    Minka Lesk 4th
Once a Killer    Anthology   -     ????    *Warhammer Crime
Yndrasta The Celestial Spear -    Noah Van Nguyen        jun/2023    
Leviathan    - Darius Hinks      -  ????    - Connects with 10th

And in terms of LE

Word Bearers Box Set Collection    Anthony Reynolds        ????

Yndrasta The Celestial Spear -    Noah Van Nguyen     jun/2023    

8 hours ago, Jscarlos18 said:

Does anyone know if these stories usually end up being printed later in anthology books?

Most if not all of them probably will; my bet would be on the next ‘start here’ anthology a lá ‘Nexus & Other Stories’ or whatever the new one is called (did they recycle the title ‘Only War’ or have I imagined that?)

3 hours ago, aa.logan said:

Most if not all of them probably will; my bet would be on the next ‘start here’ anthology a lá ‘Nexus & Other Stories’ or whatever the new one is called (did they recycle the title ‘Only War’ or have I imagined that?)

yes, usually they do that.. I have a file with short stories and where they were released and 90% or more are all in paper format down the road (some , those e-shorts under 1000 words stuff they did from time to time)

2 hours ago, burnside986 said:

What ever happened to the print novella series they used to do? Where there was about 10 novellas release at the same time with the same trade dress. Gotrek's Bone Desert is one of them that comes to mind. 

They did three sets of them. Guess they didn't sell super well cause the last one was only five stories and then it just petered out.

I don't mind the eshort bundles as there's always been at least one that I thought was really exceptional and made it worth the price.

Edited by Jareddm

On 5/13/2023 at 9:12 AM, burnside986 said:

Only thing Ive really be able to find is this listing on barnes and noble
image.png.d50b3972803e1226e18993abd2c62a7f.png

It's on Amazon as well for pre-order, says it's slated for release in November also. I didn't know if it was a re-release or a special edition. Either way, I'm happy. I've wanted the omnibus of my favorite warband for a while. 

13 hours ago, Jareddm said:

They did three sets of them. Guess they didn't sell super well cause the last one was only five stories and then it just petered out.

I don't mind the eshort bundles as there's always been at least one that I thought was really exceptional and made it worth the price.

The third switched to hardback, doubled prices and halved the number of stories. It's no surprise that it tanked.... though that only applies to ebook sales, since the print editions obviously sold out as per usual.