Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

It seems it's going to be a busy Saturday

looks like 10th ed LE, DoF SE, Crusade Tyrannic War (can't tell if it's also LE), and the Crime: The King of the Spoil

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/17/saturday-pre-orders-brace-yourself-for-one-more-week-before-leviathan-lands/

It's in the video, not sure if by mistake because pre-orders are always announced on Sundays

3 hours ago, theSpirea said:

It seems it's going to be a busy Saturday

looks like 10th ed LE, DoF SE, Crusade Tyrannic War (can't tell if it's also LE), and the Crime: The King of the Spoil

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/17/saturday-pre-orders-brace-yourself-for-one-more-week-before-leviathan-lands/

It's in the video, not sure if by mistake because pre-orders are always announced on Sundays

I can see the website crashing already.

Love the preorder video. It calls Void Kings a ‘collection of three Rogue Trader tales’ when it’s a single story about three Rogue Traders. And it says King of the Spoil is written by Melita Voronova, who’s the main character in the novel, not its author. I used to do short news reports for my high school radio station, well over a decade ago, and I swear those were fact checked more assiduously than this.

This is looking good, i wonder what is the price, probably around 250$? I can't recall how much was the LE of codex v2 with supplements 8th ed, but i think around 200$, and to be honest it was an ok price, it contained the book, some coins, double-sided poster map and chapters and the "invitation" from Guilliman to join the crusade.

Edit: so i found it in my order history, it was Scions of Guilliman collection, and it was 330$, but it did contain the supplement as well and might be even Ultramarines cards(if i recall it right).

mzJr5FA7mTz0gmcy.jpg

Edited by OpossumStrong

1 hour ago, theSpirea said:

For a second I was actually considering getting the LE corebook and thought it would be around $80. $330 is absolutely insane for GW production quality and cheap trinkets.

Well it might be cheaper, i assume 250-300, might be even less,because i think the indomitus itself was around 230, the Scions of Guilliman set contained the LE supplement wich was 65$ and the cards:huh:

And if it was only the book it would be around 150-200, 9th edition LE core book was around that price.

To be clear i refer to this set

IMG_20230618_213121.jpg

Edited by OpossumStrong

LE is very very pretty, and i would be very very tempted if the editions were well designed and lasted longer. Price being insane helps too. 

I have told my local to pre order me the blood angels omnibus, tho i am bit worried of getting a copy if they low ball the quantity. 

Still shocked at echoes of eternity, i wanted one and never considered the papaerback going out of print so fast. 

2 hours ago, Nagashsnee said:

I have told my local to pre order me the blood angels omnibus, tho i am bit worried of getting a copy if they low ball the quantity.

Not to worry: There's always Amazon (and other retailers.

ISBN: 9781804075340

The large paperback for Echoes is also available via Amazon and co, no idea when/if the MMPB will show up, though.

And I saw a new release: The End Times: Fall of Empires omnibus in December, for Warhammer Chronicles. No details, aside from Phil Kelly being involved, which makes me think Sigmar's Blood, the battlereport novella, will be included (which makes sense, it was a very early prequel).

The End and the Death Volume II will be releasing via retail in november, hardback. So no bumrushing.

Crime's One a Killer anthology (printing mostly/all prior material) got a cover:

Spoiler

817d3qNRV5L.jpg

Forges of Mars is getting a new omnibus... which looks like it'll be getting a big price hike.

The Warhawk Mass Market Paperback is due in late August.

22 hours ago, DarkChaplain said:

Not to worry: There's always Amazon (and other retailers.

ISBN: 9781804075340

The large paperback for Echoes is also available via Amazon and co, no idea when/if the MMPB will show up, though.

Thanks mate, but living in Greece atm means it would cost as much to ship from amazon as the book itself. Its local or gather enought things to get free postage from the source for me.

Forges of mars getting a hopefully not silly priced non le omnibus is nice i have wanted a copy for a while. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/20/these-are-the-best-warhammer-audiobooks-to-listen-to-while-you-build-and-paint-leviathan/

Article up this morning about the best audiobooks to listen to when you get Leviathan. Oddly does not include the Leviathan tie-in novel. Which I can't decide if that is just another oversight, or the confidence is not there

8 minutes ago, darkhorse0607 said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/20/these-are-the-best-warhammer-audiobooks-to-listen-to-while-you-build-and-paint-leviathan/

Article up this morning about the best audiobooks to listen to when you get Leviathan. Oddly does not include the Leviathan tie-in novel. Which I can't decide if that is just another oversight, or the confidence is not there

Knowing WarComm it's most likely an oversight.

Conspiracy theory: the audiobook is not coming out this Saturday. Wouldn't be the first time after all.

9 hours ago, Nagashsnee said:

Thanks mate, but living in Greece atm means it would cost as much to ship from amazon as the book itself. Its local or gather enought things to get free postage from the source for me.

Forges of mars getting a hopefully not silly priced non le omnibus is nice i have wanted a copy for a while. 

No free shipping to Greece from Amazon? That's crazy to me, with how much they cover. In Germany, books are generally free shipping unless bought through marketplace sellers, too.

I'd have pointed you to Bookdepository, since they had near-global free shipping, but Amazon bought them a few years back and this year made the terrible decision to shut them down to funnel book sales back into the main site. A GW-move, if I've seen one.

However, you should be able to order the book via local retailers, surely, with the ISBN?

9 hours ago, theSpirea said:

Don't want to derail the thread but it's worth mentioning blackwells.co.uk as a great alternative to the recently closed bookdepository.com. BW also has free shipping and sometimes prices lower than what BD had

Will have a look, the .uk makes me worried about import fees but they might cover them/have eu based warhouse like gw

4 hours ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this so apologies if this is repetition: apparently the queuing system will be up again tomorrow, so be prepared if you're after the DoF LE.

What, this is strange, they never had a queue system outside of some huge release:blink:

Where did you find it?i just scrolled the pre-order article couldn't find it.

Edited by OpossumStrong

1 hour ago, OpossumStrong said:

What, this is strange, they never had a queue system outside of some huge release:blink:

Where did you find it?i just scrolled the pre-order article couldn't find it.

A few people on the nutters fb group contacted gw customer support and also web chat, who confirmed it.  That’s all I know.  Really hope there is no queue!