Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

19 minutes ago, System Sound said:

For a mega edition, it's rather lacking... I get that the novel itself is 500+ pages, but for a 130€ (if not more) price tag they could toss in some more trinkets...

Agreed! I’m not even a fan of mega editions/trinkets (maps are cool) but if you’re gonna price me through the nose, at least throw in some more stuff, GW!

I was really not a big fan of Cadia Stands and I feel it's a bit strange to be walking over this ground again, but this will presumably lead into a novelisation of the really fun part of Gathering Storm - the Ynnari, Terran Crusade, Magnus getting dropkicked on Luna - so I'm happy enough that those are on the horizon. 

12 hours ago, wecanhaveallthree said:

I was really not a big fan of Cadia Stands and I feel it's a bit strange to be walking over this ground again, but this will presumably lead into a novelisation of the really fun part of Gathering Storm - the Ynnari, Terran Crusade, Magnus getting dropkicked on Luna - so I'm happy enough that those are on the horizon. 

Do you honestly think we will ever see novels about any of those? I predict this Cadia book is one and done (GW/BL style)

Edited by DukeLeto69

I really hope we do, because that stuff is a real missing link in the lore. We're baffled by Guilliman's return, but never got to see how it came about? Just silly.

The Ynnari, though, are trickier, because BL have clearly already decided they don't sell enough to warrant finishing their trilogy, and GW has kept utterly silent on them for years now.

Shadow of the Eighth, the next Minka Lesk novel, is up for preorder on July 22nd, as is her omnibus: https://www.fnac.com/livre-numerique/a18329908/Justin-D-Hill-Shadow-Of-The-Eighth#omnsearchpos=17

I didn’t really enjoy Cadia Stands, but the series has gotten better with every entry and I’m rather looking forward to this. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Nord said:

Out of curiosity @cheywood, are you still region-locked from being able to see the summaries or did they finally get that sorted out?

I’m sadly still locked out it seems. Thanks for asking! I haven’t noticed it as much since BL’s been good about previewing their book descriptions recently.

1 minute ago, cheywood said:

I’m sadly still locked out it seems. Thanks for asking! I haven’t noticed it as much since BL’s been good about previewing their book descriptions recently.

Weird - well, here's the text in case there's anything new:

A Minka Lesk Novel

As Cadia burned, one young recruit rose to prominence. Now a respected captain, Minka Lesk and her Cadian 101st are on a mission to track down the missing 8th Regiment on a nightmarish war-wracked planet.

READ IT BECAUSE

The next chapter in Minka Lesk's saga after her battles in Traitor Rock shows us both the horror and glory of the Cadian legacy in a violent galaxy.

THE STORY

The forces of Cadia struggle ever onward, desperate to avenge the destruction of their home world and prove that even in the wake of profound loss, they remain the exemplars of the Astra Militarum.

When Minka Lesk and the Cadian 101st discover a relic of the missing Cadian 8th thought lost in the planet’s defence they see an opportunity to right a past wrong, and follow the trail to Telken’s Rest, a world at the core of the Chaos warlord Drakul-zar’s collapsing regime.

But the Imperium are not the only force to pounce upon the carcass of Telken’s Rest, and Minka soon discovers that there are dark secrets hidden amidst the icy sprawl of hab blocks and manufactoria. As the past comes back to haunt them, the Cadian 101st face a choice will they stand firm and do what needs to be done, or will the spectre of what they have lost lead them astray?

Written by Justin D Hill

3 minutes ago, Lord Nord said:

Weird - well, here's the text in case there's anything new:

Thanks again! Sounds like a pretty conventional guard novel to me, but that’s by no means a bad thing. 

I looked into it a little more and I can access the descriptions on my laptop. The mobile site has completely done away with descriptions for whatever reason, and I tend to browse almost exclusively on my phone so I never noticed the discrepancy. 

Next Saturday

Lovely looking Minka's LE + omnibus

Necromunda rulebook (perfect time to drop a novel/short story set in the setting, since it's been over 2 years.. right, right?)

Damn ugly and cheap-looking Tanith banner

Renegades: Harrowmaster getting audio (only 9 months later)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/16/sunday-preview-load-up-on-astra-militarum-books-necromunda-goodies-and-minka-lesk/

a7JkoZm6JFF7STYq.jpg

14 minutes ago, tgcleric said:

Are the Linka Mesk books worth a read? Don't have much of an opinion on Justin D Hill one way or the other. 

I wouldn’t call them must reads, but they’re enjoyable looks at the Guard and have gotten better with every entry. Hill’s style of skipping around and having a lot happen off-page is unique for BL. A lot of people seem to either really like it or really hate it. 

Edited by cheywood

I don’t wish to alarm anyone as the Harrowmaster audiobook is basically a meme by this point, however other than showing an image of the audiobook do they actually mention that it’s coming out?  I only see a mention of ‘your choice of paperback or ebook’…

I can’t remember if they showed the audiobook image when the hardback first came out (they either showed an image of it, or explicitly said it was coming out in audio format - but then of course never delivered).

Edited by Ubiquitous1984

They showed the audiobook image with the hardback. That's why it pissed people off.

It is possible that they recycled an old release image (as it's obviously a paperback edition this time, without the hardback indentations) they batch created originally, but I somehow doubt they'd have created an audio release image twice with two different print formats, especially after they went back and retroactively changed images back then.

However, the # at the end of the book's headline doesn't really inspire confidence in WarCom doing their jobs properly.

14 hours ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

I don’t wish to alarm anyone as the Harrowmaster audiobook is basically a meme by this point, however other than showing an image of the audiobook do they actually mention that it’s coming out?  I only see a mention of ‘your choice of paperback or ebook’…

I can’t remember if they showed the audiobook image when the hardback first came out (they either showed an image of it, or explicitly said it was coming out in audio format - but then of course never delivered).

Don't toy with my emotions like this

On 7/4/2023 at 1:48 PM, Nagashsnee said:

The Fabius Bile books are some of the best black library has ever produced, and the loss of their author is  a true shame. 

Can't agree more! I'm almost done with the Omnibus myself (in the last third of "Manflayer") and this has to be my favorite traitor story perhaps rivaled by ADB's Night Lords trilogy. Josh Reynolds touched on some really interesting topics in these stories and I feel he makes the Emperor's Children very complex kind of like what he did with them in "Palatine Phoenix". I also loved Clonegrim and hope we get to see him in Trazyn's collection again.

6 hours ago, dcye said:

I've been a little out of the loop lately - has there been any hint of news or updates on the last Primarchs novel?

No news but my educated guess is that The Horus novel will come out a month before End and the Death vol 2 because I think they want to wrap up all their Horus Heresy stuff.

1 hour ago, Krelious said:

No news but my educated guess is that The Horus novel will come out a month before End and the Death vol 2 because I think they want to wrap up all their Horus Heresy stuff.

But its pretty certain that EatD will be 3 parts, which gives the primarch book plenty of wiggle room for a release.