Some new 10th edition insight, take with a grain of salt.

On the subject of licencee coordination they have been pretty open about working with this studio on those jump packs, possibly to the degree of their work with Creative assembly where they are actively doing design work for the computer games.

10 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

On the subject of licencee coordination they have been pretty open about working with this studio on those jump packs, possibly to the degree of their work with Creative assembly where they are actively doing design work for the computer games.

They always say that they work closely with the studios, and that they do ofcourse, but they leave a seperation between their own miniature plans. ( same with belakor and daemonprinces in total war who have much more in common with the old miniature than the new ones, despite the new ones definitely being worked on at GW at the time the game versions were made.)

They also said the exact same about the Exodite, working closely with the studio in developing how the exodite looks, but that doesnt mean we should be expecting a miniaturerange based on him soon.

On 2/9/2023 at 3:00 AM, Triszin said:

TYRANIDS

-1 Norn-Maleceptrix (Big brain bug, lesser incarnation of the Norn-Queen, able to "evolve" units. Semi-feminine???)
-1 Tyranid Primus (Big warrior, has two Devourers, a large sword and a claw-whip, boosts)
-1 Lictor (New evloved form of Lictor)
-2 Magistraunt (Strange mix of venomthropes and Pyrovore)
-20 Genestealers (New kit, has an options for armored plates and acid-claws)
-1 Cerebrofex (Think blend of Carnifex and Zoanthroap, smaller Maleceptor)
-3 Genehunters (New breed of warriors, designed to be even better shock troopers, made with Space Marine Geneseeds they literally eat.)

New Kits Tyranid kits:
-New models for Termagaunts and Hormagaunts, dual kit
-New Models for Biovores and Pyrovores, dual kit that now comes in threes
-New dual kit of Cerebrofex and new super-carnifex (Genetics based off old One Eye)
-THREE NEW BIG MONSTER KITS (They say that most Nid players like their big monsters)
-New Red Terror

Interesting list,would love to have new gaunt/lictor/GS sculpts. Red Terror returning would be awesome since 9th edition removed it from the codex and the model is very old. The new additions are interesting but will have to take this with a very hefty amount of salt until GW confirms or denies it.

The swarmlord rumour from another leak is one I'm most interested in, and would love the Hive Tyrants to be updated so he can be upgraded to being a centrepiece model like the GW seems to be doing for the other factions with Primarchs/Ghazghkull/Avatars/Silent King.

Edited by Jscarlos18

None of the alleged Primaris units jump out as troops/battleline units so thats a big red flag for me. Let alone in sufficient numbers. Especially for all chapters

Also, am rusty on lore but thought Primaris just started as Intercessors and they didnt do the firstborn scout thing?

Plus Incursors/infiltrators fulfill the scout role?

12 minutes ago, Dark Shepherd said:

None of the alleged Primaris units jump out as troops/battleline units so thats a big red flag for me. Let alone in sufficient numbers. Especially for all chapters

Also, am rusty on lore but thought Primaris just started as Intercessors and they didnt do the firstborn scout thing?

Plus Incursors/infiltrators fulfill the scout role?

There's precedence via the BT novitiates, the fluff seems to be a little malleable on this but it's not impossible the jump guys or the scouts might be the troops there.

23 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

So possibly one arm is an aggressor bolter hand and the other is a chainsword....that might be even goofier looking

What makes you think it'll be an aggressor hand? Sang guard and GK have had wrist mounted bolters for a long time with normal sized arms.

Just a wee update - Korkin who posts on the Nid and Votann discords and has a  good track record says a good chunk of the first leak is right - probably other than the stuff Whitefang has quashed [the loss of toughness etc..], he also mentioned the starter not being Dark Angels. The second set of rumours about the starter box content he doesn't think is true. He doesn't provide rumours but he has an excellent rep for confirming other rumours reported, he did so with the Nid codex release and the Votann as well. 

Hoping the second wave of Votann in September is accurate and I'd love to see Nids get some brand new alien strangeness...

Something that I'm sure has been mentioned by now; there is no conceivable way that the Overlord, a vehicle that's been explicitly referred to as "larger than a Thunderhawk", is actually smaller per the leak. It has more than double the transport capacity of the Thunderhawk, being capable of delivering a near company strength formation of eighty Primaris Space Marines to the battlefield.

That thing is at least twice the size of the Thunderhawk, if not larger.

3 hours ago, Mogger351 said:

There's precedence via the BT novitiates, the fluff seems to be a little malleable on this but it's not impossible the jump guys or the scouts might be the troops there.

The last 2 edition boxes both had 10 marine troops (opposing sides had at least twice as many)

(Primaris) Scouts being troops again is a possibility, cries in Space Wolf lore, but IMO itd more likely be the Jump Assault Intercessors and no way theyd be THAT nice :)

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Something that I'm sure has been mentioned by now; there is no conceivable way that the Overlord, a vehicle that's been explicitly referred to as "larger than a Thunderhawk", is actually smaller per the leak. It has more than double the transport capacity of the Thunderhawk, being capable of delivering a near company strength formation of eighty Primaris Space Marines to the battlefield.

That thing is at least twice the size of the Thunderhawk, if not larger.

No possibility they’d retcon/disregard that established description? Has that never been done?

The only point I take any issue with at all is the potential removal of toughness. Other people have said this better than I, but you just really can't get into the detail of a tabletop combat game using a D6 dice without a minimum 3 (probably) rounds of odds. There is a lot of glut to 40k and much more obvious targets (especially stratagems as most people agree). My nightmare scenario is that stratagems and codex bulk remain in some fashion, while the venerable T is removed. Unlikely, I imagine, but I've also seen a lot of GW equivalent companies make similar screw ups across all sorts of games and mediums.

13 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Bolter gauntlets sound dumb as hell. Why not jump melee?

That’s likely what they will be. The bolter gaunlets will either be like the sanguinary guard have or like the boltstorm gauntlets

assuming the rumor is true.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

2 hours ago, conscriptboris said:

Supportive of a simplifying of rules for crusade (comparative to competitive). I want to be generating linked campaigns and building up scales of battle, not trying to understand the forever increase of rules!

conscriptboris

Linking battles is so easy, we don't need rules to do it. We've been doing it for 35 years... We know how. Build a tree campaign? I've known how to do that since before gw printed it for the first time. Attacker wins, play battle A next. Defender wins, play battle B. Rinse, repeat. And there was never anything preventing you from doing that in 9th despite the existence of Crusade. If it's what floats your boat, have at, but don't print it for the 6th time in 10th edition and call it innovation or improvement.

Having a list of Dark Eldar territories that can be modeled as terrain, taken over, held, and how these actions may or may not influence the performance of the army? That's something I can actually sink my teeth into.

The mechanism by which  a planet is rendered into biomass and devoured? Yes please.

Using combinations of hard and soft power to bring aliens into the next sphere of Tau expansion? Hell yeah.

For me, Crusade is the whole game. And I'm never going back to tree campaigns or map campaigns, because I've never needed anyone to tell me how to do that. Maybe it's because I've been playing D&D since I was eight years old, but these things have always seemed pretty obvious to me.

Your mileage may vary. Sorry if I come across as aggressive, but Crusade is my baby, so I get my hackles up when I perceive it to be under attack. It's the primary reason I dread 10th- though I hate edition churn itself on principle, this particular turnover will hurt more than most, and I'm still pretty sure I'll be sitting 10th out for exactly that reason.

Edited by ThePenitentOne