+++Unit of the week+++

CSM.jpg.a1934391d45672b1c98aa54c68e67db0.jpg

Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour

This thread is only for tactics for Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour, not for pictures, there are other places for that.

How to best use the Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour?

• Warlord trait?
  • Relics?
  • Legion?
  • Marks?
  • Which stratagems are worth throwing out?
  • Any solid unit combos?

More Units of the Week for Heretic Astartes can be found here ++ Heretic Astartes Resources ++

I like him - good resilence (for a character, between his 2+ and 4++), flexible deployment and you are able to give it a shooting weapon (combimelta) that really benefits his BS 2+.  Combine that with the relic that dishes out mortal wounds in your movement phase, and you have an excellent unit for either teleporting into a big scrum to hand out rerolls, or on his own on the edges of things to take out a weaker unit holding a hard to reach objective.

Its unfortunate he doesn't give himself rerolls anymore, but he's still potent without it.

Well, he's one of the fastest things in the list on turn 2 as he can deepstrike - after that, though, yeah really hope you have him where you need him.  That said, he's only 1" slower than our other characters, which is enough that if you want someone to move up the board with your infantry a non-termie lord is probably a better match.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

My problem with the Chaos Lord and the Terminator variant is the slot/point availability. Pretty much every list I put together has a MoP and DA. Then I'll usually want a real heavy hitter like a DP or Discolord and that often doesn't leave points for the Chaos Lord. It's a real shame because they should be scary combat characters with a lot of flexibility but they're outshone by the DP, who also provides a re-roll 1s aura, and the Discolord. At least AoO makes the slot issue less or a problem.

Yes, the Lord is cheaper, but I always find myself better off finding the points for one of the more expensive options.