Arks of Omen - Tarot Cards

38 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

...and it certainly wasn't "the biggest thing since the Horus Heresy" as GW hyped it to be

If they meant that purely in terms of how many sourcebooks you needed to buy then it kind of was :tongue:

On 2/22/2023 at 2:25 AM, Mogger351 said:

Not much, PA was a shotgun scattering of largely unrelated stuff rehashing the fluff that had been set at the start of 8th. It had subtle hints of votann and the silent king.

which was in reference to the "it being difficult writing a campaign that spans multiple books including every faction pretty much, without it being a cluster of a mess." Which it was what ended up happening. Which is why they said they weren't going to put army rules for base game in the Arks books (it's just been a expansion on normal 40k that you don't "need" to play the basic game.)

On 2/23/2023 at 1:52 PM, Triszin said:

If lion is real.

I expect the next cards soon to be will include

The Executioner

The Lord of swords

Close... the lost child.

I wonder how many cards they'll make. 20 is a round no. I think there's 24 major arcana in normal tarot cards. It's mentioned in the end and the death that there are 33 in the emperors tarot

4 minutes ago, Triszin said:

I mean, Russ also had blonde hair.

And most of the primarchs didn't have a father figure

Well if we go with the actual blonde child that was lost, clearly Sanguinius is returning.

Edit: Nah on closer inspection, he looks like a grumpy little :cuss:er, so that's clearly the Lion. :tongue:

Edited by matcap86

Guilliman is also blonde, so the child in the picture could mean a lot of them. He is also alone in the endless night, is also fatherless (okay, that could be debated after his stint with Mortarion).

Anyway, my point is, that it's vague enough, that it would mean  But I also hope it's the Lion. He was also lost, raised by wolves, he even lost his surrogate father. In his house in R'lyeh, sleepy Lion waits dreaming... oh wait, that's a different one :D

6 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Well if we go with the actual blonde child that was lost, clearly Sanguinius is returning.

Edit: Nah on closer inspection, he looks like a grumpy little :cuss:er, so that's clearly the Lion. :tongue:

The Lion was alone for a lot of his childhood until Luther found him (and thought he was feral), and the dark forests of Caliban are basically endless night.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

20 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

The Lion was alone for a lot of his childhood until Luther found him (and thought he was feral), and the dark forests of Caliban are basically endless night.

Yep. Most Primarchs were found as infants and at least protected for the short time it took them to reach maturity.

The Lion was like ":cuss: it, I'll do it myself."

The lost child (of course a Primarch, being lost for 10k years)

And here A fatherless son. (raised without a family points to the Lion, could also be Russ because he was raised by a mother wolf, without a father)
Alone, (also the Lion which was pretty much distant from other Primarchs, also alone in his sleep, also Russ went alone)

In the endless night (could be the night of sleep, the Lion is 10k years asleep; also the endless night of space where Russ went when he departed)

Obviously they're tarots so they could have more interpretations, the Russ rumor as the second loyalist Primarch coming back was a pretty old one and plans could have changed given all the Lion's return rumors we had in more recent times.

As a die hard Dark Angels player I hope obviously for a Lion's return, the dark green background of the tarot gives me hope in that sense.

It would be totally insane if both the Lion and the Wolf would return at the same time to even the field with the 3 traitor Primarchs we already have, old time rivals coming back in the time of need.

3 minutes ago, phandaal said:

Yep. Most Primarchs were found as infants and at least protected for the short time it took them to reach maturity.

The Lion was like ":cuss: it, I'll do it myself."

So was Curze. Interesting to see what the Imperium would be like if he was Primarch of the 1st.

45 minutes ago, Akerkoke said:

The lost child (of course a Primarch, being lost for 10k years)

And here A fatherless son. (raised without a family points to the Lion, could also be Russ because he was raised by a mother wolf, without a father)
Alone, (also the Lion which was pretty much distant from other Primarchs, also alone in his sleep, also Russ went alone)

In the endless night (could be the night of sleep, the Lion is 10k years asleep; also the endless night of space where Russ went when he departed)

Obviously they're tarots so they could have more interpretations, the Russ rumor as the second loyalist Primarch coming back was a pretty old one and plans could have changed given all the Lion's return rumors we had in more recent times.

As a die hard Dark Angels player I hope obviously for a Lion's return, the dark green background of the tarot gives me hope in that sense.

It would be totally insane if both the Lion and the Wolf would return at the same time to even the field with the 3 traitor Primarchs we already have, old time rivals coming back in the time of need.

Russ didn't go alone, he took an entourage of his most entrusted warriors and left Bjorn behind.

"In the endless night" is likely just a reference to Noctis Aeterna, which is about as generic as it gets

To me, the card representing the Lion doesn't fit too well as that means its just referring to events 10,000 years ago that don't have much bearing on things now.

Sure, The Lion is/was technically "fatherless" and "alone", but all the other cards have seemed to be describing things in relation to the events going on at the moment, so i'd assume those specific aspects are also directly relevant to whatevers going to happen and not just a quite irrelevant reference to the past.

Edited by TheVoidDragon

27 minutes ago, Shinespider said:

I feel like the teasing is being drawn out too long. We've been 100% sure it's Lion for long enough that people are grasping at other possibilities out of boredom.

Hopefully they'll drop the model on the upcoming Open Day and we can move on. 

Adepticon, Open day is Farsight and Snikrot.