Arks of Omen - Tarot Cards

I think they are just there for mystical tarot vibes, meaningless on their own (remind me more of stormcast script btw)

17 minutes ago, Subtleknife said:

A newborn child and a star....star child theory confirmed...emperor will reborn and be the next model :biggrin:

ahh thats the whole clash of sanguinor vs lion.... Emperor mini could look like both combined into one ;) riddle solved !

Edited by TheMawr

Its funny how when it is remotely possible its related to (loyal) space marines, every pixel gets scrutinised and taken literally without end. Yet when it isnt the speculation should remain as shallow as possible and everything else is seen as meaningless filler XD

Dont even hate it, I mean, lets face its this is a spacemarine forum first and foremost, its just funny to notice.

3 minutes ago, DeadFingers said:

I'm pretty sure they're alchemical symbols. I see water, air, copper, brass, brimstone, antimony, salt, and a few more. They probably mean nothing beyond looking occult and mysterious. 

image.png.4ccef4a6781ba49f9110f989d7b5f2bb.png

Ah yes that's it. Maybe it has another meaning in the 40k universe?
But the last two cards are really making me think about the Star Child...

9 minutes ago, TheVoidDragon said:

It could be a reference to the Prophecy from the Abaddon Book, the line "So few stars remain, and as they swirl together they become a single searing point so bright it hurts my eyes. "

That prophecy seems to follow the pacing/order of the books perfectly, but, if thats the case, the one who has the dream is featured in book IV (the prophecy is what I based my "starchild" and farsight theory on.) with its uncertain ending culmilating to or in book V

edit: But that would conflict with what they said on warhammer community (big suprise there)

Edited by TheMawr
added something

9 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

That prophecy seems to follow the pacing/order of the books perfectly, but, if thats the case, the one who has the dream is featured in book IV (the prophecy is what I based my "starchild" and farsight theory on.) with its uncertain ending culmilating to or in book V

edit: But that would conflict with what they said on warhammer community (big suprise there)

It's a prophecy/vision though, them seeing those events doesn't mean they have to take part in them.

The text of the prophecy talks about the dying stars combining together into a single bright light, and the Key then unlocks that. So maybe Vashtor does manage to use all those artifacts he's collecting for whatever his plan is.

Edited by TheVoidDragon

Alchemy symbols could see dark angels return to their legion concepts and symbology 

If the rumours are right of nihilus being a noble dark versus high lords Terra imperium being the meme grimdark some players expect and froth about. 

so we could see alternate imperiums running side by side but having to get along in the face of existential threats with the odd little scuffles 

57 minutes ago, Akerkoke said:

if Psychic Awakening was to be the biggest shaking of the setting since Horus Heresy

It was supposed to be, when it was originally pitched as what each faction was up to during the 100 (200?) year time jump between Guilliman's return and Dark Imperium. The massive blowback cause GW to change their plans and the Psychic Awakening books as launched were very different.

7 minutes ago, jaxom said:

It was supposed to be, when it was originally pitched as what each faction was up to during the 100 (200?) year time jump between Guilliman's return and Dark Imperium. The massive blowback cause GW to change their plans and the Psychic Awakening books as launched were very different.

Interestingly, the Psychic Awakening events are mentioned in the Dawn of Fire novel appendices. Most of them would now seem to be happening around the first decade of the Indomitus Crusade. While it's not stated exactly when those events occur, and might only happen after the book the appendix is for, they still feature in those early histories of the crusade, before Dark Imperium happens around year 12.

The limited editions of Arks of Omen books (Abaddon, Angron) have at their back cover Dark Angels Chapter symbol. You don't have to believe in any rumour but there's enough evidence that all of this will culminate in Lion's return. The return of any other primarch just doesn't make sense.

large.large.s-l1600.jpg.b9a54adad8a3dfae

44 minutes ago, bevulf said:

The limited editions of Arks of Omen books (Abaddon, Angron) have at their back cover Dark Angels Chapter symbol. You don't have to believe in any rumour but there's enough evidence that all of this will culminate in Lion's return. The return of any other primarch just doesn't make sense.

Hasn't something like this happened before? I'm sure there was some similar occurance where the Dark Angels symbol (or something like that) showed up randomly on a book before

3 minutes ago, TheVoidDragon said:

Hasn't something like this happened before? I'm sure there was some similar occurance where the Dark Angels symbol (or something like that) showed up randomly on a book before

Yes the voidwar bases, it had a mixture of the dark angels and vashtorr logo

But it doesnt mean everything is only about the Lion imho (though agreed, the lion returning is more likely than another primarch.. but yet it doesnt exclude things like the sanguinor miniature, or a star child storyline.)

23 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

Yes the voidwar bases, it had a mixture of the dark angels and vashtorr logo

But it doesnt mean everything is only about the Lion imho (though agreed, the lion returning is more likely than another primarch.. but yet it doesnt exclude things like the sanguinor miniature, or a star child storyline.)

Ah yeah, found it. It's also on the Boarding action terrain set.

Edited by TheVoidDragon

4 hours ago, Kastor Krieg said:

Newborn a play on Neverborn? Eight pointed star = Chaos? Chaos Planet = Caliban?

The Star being a hint at the Thelema symbol used by Heresy DA?
what is this symbol? : r/theunforgiven

I was thinking along the same lines - perhaps the Lion is going to come with two new Wings?

From what Dante found at the derelict Ark and now this tarot it seems like either the Lion is leading an odd group of Marines or Exodites seem to be connected, lots of greenery in both the card and Ark plus hints of bolters and a great blade, perhaps the Lions return will have to be yet another secret for the DA to hold while the Lion works from the shadows.

13 minutes ago, redmapa said:

From what Dante found at the derelict Ark and now this tarot it seems like either the Lion is leading an odd group of Marines or Exodites seem to be connected, lots of greenery in both the card and Ark plus hints of bolters and a great blade, perhaps the Lions return will have to be yet another secret for the DA to hold while the Lion works from the shadows.

Dear God that would bore me. "Oh look we secretive secret dudes have a secret genesire we secret away as he performs secret missions and we get to keep being the settings unwanted heroes by way of murdering and lying to everyone for no reason other than our ego!" *cocks bolt pistol*

4 hours ago, DarkChaplain said:

Interestingly, the Psychic Awakening events are mentioned in the Dawn of Fire novel appendices. Most of them would now seem to be happening around the first decade of the Indomitus Crusade. While it's not stated exactly when those events occur, and might only happen after the book the appendix is for, they still feature in those early histories of the crusade, before Dark Imperium happens around year 12.

Correct, GW retcon'ed Dark Imperium to be about 10 years after Guilliman's return, and that is/was the default time for 8th/9th edition. That meant the Psychic Awakening books had to be adjusted to fit into a roughly 10 year period to catch up to the "present". Dawn of Fire is now doing what Psychic Awakening was kind of supposed to do, tell the story of what happened between Guilliman's return and Dark Imperium. The major difference being Dawn of Fire is very Imperium focused and there was supposed to be a book and rules for each major Faction. The 100 year gap was to give lots more design and narrative space; the Psychic Awakening short stories (written before the retcon) are full of spontaneous psyker Guardsmen and radiation-saint Skitarii.

Edited by jaxom
Clarified the last bit

3 hours ago, bevulf said:

That's clearly the Angels Redeemed's symbol. 

:p

49 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

Dear God that would bore me. "Oh look we secretive secret dudes have a secret genesire we secret away as he performs secret missions and we get to keep being the settings unwanted heroes by way of murdering and lying to everyone for no reason other than our ego!" *cocks bolt pistol*

Unfortunately Valrak rumours say something along these lines. The Lion has secretly awoken and secretly left Rock to secretly work in secret against enemies of the Imperium and in the book he will come out of the shadow iirc.

Starchild is the prize Vashtorr is looking for - consuming his power might grant him a godhood. And Lion will come for the rescue in the last few seconds (just like in a cheap action movies) to save the day.

I would really love if "the bad guys" could win and Lion woul fail his mission

Edited by Madao

25 minutes ago, Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla said:

Unfortunately Valrak rumours say something along these lines. The Lion has secretly awoken and secretly left Rock to secretly work in secret against enemies of the Imperium and in the book he will come out of the shadow iirc.

Maybe I just missed it as i haven't seen all the videos, but wasn't this a theory/speculation rather than a rumour?