Echoes of the Warp

18 hours ago, Nephaston said:

First of those countdown images shows the western fringe tinted in purple. Not much but maybe we can infer what planets/region/crusades are affected by this.

Screenshot_20230316-154307_Twitter.thumb.jpg.a7b9a27babcbf3477e47865998eeaae8.jpg

I do like how this map shows how truly....in trouble...the Imperium is. Bound to the north and east by the Cicatrix, now the west and below by leviathan. The noose is closing. On the other hand, I can't see how GW can make more plot advances/loss of territory for the Imperium without completely wiping them out or kiling the game. The Imperium's strength is it's near infinite manpower, that is what has been able to stem the tide and keep the enemy at the gates for so long, however each system they lose, they lose the ability to hold more systems. 

I think this seems like a critical point for the Imperium, and we're going to see another Primarch arrive to support guilliman and push back the borders. 

Edited by Xenith

24 minutes ago, Xenith said:

I do like how this map shows how truly....in trouble...the Imperium is. Bound to the north and east by the Cicatrix, now the west and below by leviathan. The noose is closing. On the other hand, I can't see how GW can make more plot advances/loss of territory for the Imperium without completely wiping them out or kiling the game. The Imperium's strength is it's near infinite manpower, that is what has been able to stem the tide and keep the enemy at the gates for so long, however each system they lose, they lose the ability to hold more systems. 

I think this seems like a critical point for the Imperium, and we're going to see another Primarch arrive to support guilliman and push back the borders. 

I wouldn't worry too much for an End Times scenario like Fantasy. GW needs to mantain the status quo of 40k, and with rumours of Lion and Russ returning, these threats will remain only in the background of the setting in 10th edition's lore.

I'm not too worried about that, more like how many galaxy-halving events like the great rift can GW employ before the imperium would actually just be segmentum solar - if they did one every edition, we'd have 2-3 more before Sol is all that remains, and then what? Hopefully nothing so major again, but with the nids excroaching, we'll see! 

With these blatant teases of what is sure to be the lore behind the 10th-Edition launch box, it certainly looks like Valrak is probably right about us seeing the actual full 10th-Edition CGI trailer at Adepticon. And then they can still do the box unveil at Warhammer Fest, with various rules and models previews leading up to the pre-order in early June.

Tyranids codex in July, Space Marines in August? (Just speculating that they'll follow the 9th-Ed pattern, but without the delays imposed by Nurgle).

Edited by Lord Nord

I mean we've seen this all before when this video was posted a week ago, the only thing that's new is the "give this brutal hulk some space..." bit. And between the hammy wording and the obviously-not-a-Genestealer Tyranid in the image, my money remains on Space Hulk being a misdirect.

The wording in WarCom is interesting 

"That great psychic squall blocking interstellar communication has lifted for but a moment. Images have been broadcast from the surface of an embattled world – spearing through a great shadow in the warp."

What is getting a message out through the shadow in the warp?

And what is the message - is this terminator eye supposed to be the message, and it's just a warning about nids?

10 minutes ago, Aramis K said:

The wording in WarCom is interesting 

"That great psychic squall blocking interstellar communication has lifted for but a moment. Images have been broadcast from the surface of an embattled world – spearing through a great shadow in the warp."

What is getting a message out through the shadow in the warp?

And what is the message - is this terminator eye supposed to be the message, and it's just a warning about nids?

Yes. The images are meant to be the message. The sender would be an astropath, as that's how FTL long distance messages are sent in the Imperium. The shadow of the warp is the overwhelming presence of the hivemind that blocks such psychic messaging. The scenario being painted is that against all odds, fragmented images managed to get past the shadow in the warp jamming, and it's showing terminator and nids. 

The entirety of it is just a big blaring "Tyranids vs Terminators coming, guys!"

The embattled planet bit kills any type of Space Hulk either via KT or as a standalone to me.  It's a shame as someone who came to the hobby after the last version of Space Hulk was out of print I was interested in this somewhat legendary game.