Echoes of the Warp

6 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Already been removed! Dang I'll never see it.

Didn't manage to catch it either, but on Reddit it's being described as an opposite to the first teaser : the glint of a Tyranid in a Terminator's eye (providing a better view of the termie helmet).

Gah, and very much ninja'd (with images) by Khornestar..

Edited by Old-Four-Arms

Not necessarily, the reflection in the Terminators eye doesn't match the first nid, as it's lacking the extra sharp cheekbones. What are the chances we'll see another video tommorow with the hormagaunts eye reflecting something else?

Also if theses videos could stop auto playing all at once when I refresh the page I would be so happy.

Considering that new screenshot shows it 100% to be an Ultramarine Indomitus style Terminator, and almost certainly a hormagaunt/termagant, it looks very likely that Valrak's info is going to be largely correct. New scale terminators almost guarantee immense sales of a 10th edition starter set/a large buzz around it.

Its unlikely (but not impossible) that they would promote Space Hulk with Ultramarines, and add different units beyond genestealers to it.

Very excited for Terminator's that fit with the scale of the Primaris range. Love the Indomitus Terminator armour, but I have had to resist the temptation to buy the old kits because i know I will just hate how they look (scale wise) compared to the rest of my largely Primaris army.

Edited by Eptesicus

7 minutes ago, Eptesicus said:

Very excited for Terminator's that fit with the scale of the Primaris range. Love the Indomitus Terminator armour, but I have had to resist the temptation to buy the old kits because i know I will just hate how they look (scale wise) compared to the rest of my largely Primaris army.

Not just scale, but quality of the plastic sculpts is also lacking compared to modern kits.

A LOT happened with GW's production quality even in just the first decade after the current terminators release, and there's nearly been two now.

18 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Not just scale, but quality of the plastic sculpts is also lacking compared to modern kits.

A LOT happened with GW's production quality even in just the first decade after the current terminators release, and there's nearly been two now.

And it's all thanks to The Hobbit!

46 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Hormagaunt then? So much for my prediction that it was a warrior or possibly bigger :laugh:

Clearly was never a genestealer though

Anyway, hormagaunts was rumored in the 10th starterbox, right?

Yeh new “Gaunts” 

Edited by WARMASTER_

6 minutes ago, Sir Clausel said:

I think i need some elaboration on this bit?

When New Line sold the rights to the Hobbit Game to GW, the plastic moulding technology they had at the time couldn't get the level of detail the character sculpts needed at the Dwarf scale, the Hobbit relying much more on Dwarves as the main players than LOTR.

So GW invested in new plastic moulding technology to sharpen the detail considerably, which benefitted all plastic kits they've produced since.

1 hour ago, Captain Idaho said:

Definitely more traditional Terminator appearance which is cool. Looks like a Hormagaunt too. Should be an easy win!

Depends on how many gaunts are there that AREN'T being reflected in his helmet, haha! I've never seen a gaunt travel alone, and as we all know, weight of attacks is a great way to kill terminators.

13 hours ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

"When the anatomy is great it doesn't matter a lot, when it isn't, its almost all that matters"

I agree, but there’s still a definite charm to some of the Heroic sculpts 

9 hours ago, Dark Shepherd said:

Just looking at the map, Western Galactic Fringe to be exact,  and  theres a lot of Imperial Worlds from the Macharian and Sabbat Crusades but not many planets really famous in terms of core 40k narrative lore

So is the setting the Nids possibly threatening Terra or a place for Nids to arrive but not pose a threat or the Nids become a problem for chaos too?

I can see that being the narrative [Terra being threatened I mean]

So, do we think GW will follow their usual behavior when something is accidentally leaked and post an update early?

Hoping we might get an article today on this, or then again, maybe it was deliberate...

2 hours ago, Cyrox said:

So, do we think GW will follow their usual behavior when something is accidentally leaked and post an update early?

Hoping we might get an article today on this, or then again, maybe it was deliberate...

I mean, it was them that posted it in the first place, so the video is in place to go, just in staging. It's just whether they move the timeline up now that they posted it early. That said, it was almost certainly intended to be posted in the next week anyways if it's already ready to go like that.

I personally suspect it was meant to go out today anyways.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion
added a paragraph

What's interesting to me is that we're looking at the opposite side of the head to the tyranid thingy. We zoom into its left eye. On the terminator, we're zooming into his right eye. Kind of reminds me of the split head from 8th edition with the primaris marine on one half and the plague marine on the other. Might be nothing, but striking to me all the same.

With all (Valraks) rumours around a 10th ed starter box with nids vs marines, could it have been a blown up thing about a kill team box? Wasn't there the same thing with the Kasrkin?