Echoes of the Warp

At what point do we start complaining about predatory pricing, only “20% off” the box set, FOMO, special editions, GW profit margins, 3d printing and the usual b&c fare?

or are we going to wish list ourselves into hyperventilating and then complain the box that’s presented isn’t exactly the same as the one that was made up in our heads?

4 minutes ago, alfred_the_great said:

At what point do we start complaining about predatory pricing, only “20% off” the box set, FOMO, special editions, GW profit margins, 3d printing and the usual b&c fare?

or are we going to wish list ourselves into hyperventilating and then complain the box that’s presented isn’t exactly the same as the one that was made up in our heads?

I think you might be confusing B&C with a different site, things are generally pretty reasonable here.

Otherwise, arguably you're rhe first one to start the complaining.

27 minutes ago, jimbo1701 said:

Can we just take a moment semantics aside to celebrate that updated indomitus pattern terminator armour is making a comeback - something we all seem to agree is a great thing. 

There's potential here for amazing models so I am excited. 

I just hope that the lore associated with them is forward thinking and doesn't cement them to a particular point in time. 

I don't want to turn this into a Primaris/Classic marine discussion but I want to say this:

If these suits are indeed piloted by Primaris Marines (or in the lore it could be both) then they could update the lore for the Centurion suits as well. I know people don't care about those very much but they grew on me over the years lol.

My 2c is that this is 40K and not kill team or space hulk because new 40K loyalist terminators (whether they end up being Primaris or firstborn) are a front and center of the new edition type of release and not a side game release

Edited by ArielRSA

34 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

If these suits are indeed piloted by Primaris Marines (or in the lore it could be both) then they could update the lore for the Centurion suits as well. I know people don't care about those very much but they grew on me over the years lol.

Me too lol. Considered them to be the worst models ever released when they came out. Found myself buying some a few months back and thinking how chunky and cool they were. Weird eh. 

Anyway, to second all the above, new terminators = very very good. And it appears PROPER terminators, not some gravis equivalent or anything. While the rumours around 10ths rules don't have me excited, the rumours around the launch box do. 

I don't really mind whether they are Primaris or not, but I just hope they are sufficiently upscaled so they work next to standard Primaris bodies. I'm afraid I'm just not a fan of Gravis armour, so it would be great to have some properly big, chunky boys!

The Space Marine Heroes Terminators are a good start, sized closer to the newer Chaos Terminators and with much better detailing and poses, etc, but I'd still like these guys to be a mm or two bigger? I'm not sure that will happen though... I suspect the stl designs for the heroes might be the base from which this new multi-part set is created.

Edited by Lysimachus

46 minutes ago, Filius said:

I might have missed that part of the discussion, but … has anyone considered that we might not get new Terminator-Sculpts?

Id argue the terminator is more in focus than the tyranid. I just can't see them doing a marketing teaser focusing on whatd be an almost 2 decade old sculpt... can you?

44 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Id argue the terminator is more in focus than the tyranid. I just can't see them doing a marketing teaser focusing on whatd be an almost 2 decade old sculpt... can you?

Unequivocally No…

50 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

This post made me realise just how old those terminators are and how long I've actually been in the hobby and I need to sit down.

If these new terminators are as good as the Space Marine Heros ones just multi-part I'll be very happy.

17 minutes ago, Casual Heresy said:

This post made me realise just how old those terminators are and how long I've actually been in the hobby and I need to sit down.

If these new terminators are as good as the Space Marine Heros ones just multi-part I'll be very happy.

I'd imagine they'll be closer to the Blood Angels Assault Terminators (2014?) which had a single post body and legs, then different arms that you can choose, in the same manner as primaris. Otherwise, how was the 2019 Chaos Termy kit broken down? Did they have rotatable waists? Though arguably, and as we thought at the time, the 2019 CSM Terms were from an older design mentality that jarred with the newer, larger, decaying pipes and ribs design for CSM, so they were maybe completed so long before release that the whole marine design ethos changed. 

21 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Otherwise, how was the 2019 Chaos Termy kit broken down? Did they have rotatable waists?

Pretty much how GW does most Marines now. Bodies and legs go together one way, then arms, shoulder pads and heads provide a bit of variety. Given the wide number of possible loadouts you might get with Termi's, I think that would be ok?

Edited by Lysimachus

2 hours ago, Filius said:

I might have missed that part of the discussion, but … has anyone considered that we might not get new Terminator-Sculpts?

Not really. They made (glorious) new-scale Indomitus TDA models for Chaos, this really looks like they're doing the same for Imperials.

16 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

Not really. They made (glorious) new-scale Indomitus TDA models for Chaos, this really looks like they're doing the same for Imperials.

I know the chaos termies are better than the old termies, but are they really that much new scale? 

Now bearing in mind, I'm basing this on size comparison pictures, as i have none of the models on hand:

True Scale Terminators - A size comparison guide - Beyond the Tabletop

Chaos model's taller than the loyalist one, but not by much. SM heroes' version is basically only taller because of his base.

As I need the new termies to look alright next to Primaris marines, currently none of the loyalist ones fit the bill:

0nmztxqdwhh91.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=26ae18bf80698a9c16817c9b6f5e73a234d867d4

eye height on the tartaros and cataphracti seems to line up with the intercessor, but he's tilted forward a bit in his pose. Top of the armor on the tartaros in particular only reaches up to the top of the head of the intercessor. The Heavy intercessor seemingly dwarfs everyone.

Anyway, I didn't make these images. Person who made them could be way waaaay off, but it seems to me based on them, that if the new loyalist terminator is adjusted to just fit with the recent chaos ones, i'll be considerably less enthused. I want the termie to be at least challanging or outdoing the the gravis marine as the biggest chonker.

9 hours ago, Orpheus108 said:

It could be something the Nids are running from. It does say:

Through the gloom of the Great Rift, we have intercepted a mysterious psychic transmission.

Would add to the Herbert Family Dune lore GW has ripped off over the years - the threat is forcing the other threat towards us.

Whilst I'd be happy for that... what possible threat would it be?

Knowing GW - Chaos.

Just look how dumb the blood angel terminator there looks, his arms are in line with his ears, if not higher!

that’s the biggest design thing I’d want to see resolved to consider getting new terminators. And yeah the chaos ones look a bit better than the old loyalist ones, but they still aren’t particularly big and still have all sorts of proportion issues.

something roughly scaled to the custodes terminators would be what I’d want personally, they even have a bit better anatomy

P.s. I do like the idea that the nids attack from a totally new side and it would be cool if there’s something really bad coming, another new faction that’s dangerous would be cool. Maybe  old ones will return

Edited by Blindhamster

Wouldn't it be amazing if the Old Ones were not the noble and heroic opponents of Chaos and C'tan after all, that were malevolent and selfish omni-creatures.

The Tyranids could have been a more civilised race, with a real intelligence that was destroyed by the Old Ones, resulting in a pure instinctual hunger being left.

I mean, I like the mystery of 40K but if they're gonna do it, doing it right would be cool :wink:

Edited by Captain Idaho

Tyranid background has previously mentioned them as attacking from underneath the galactic plane or circumventing certain areas.

It’s possible they have simply sent fleets around the far side. 

Wilder theories would be a fleet getting flung across the galaxy when the great rift opened…or these Tyranids are from another galaxy.