Warhammer Preview - AdeptiCon 2023

5 minutes ago, StrangerOrders said:

That Lion video though, GW is just trolling now lol.

Hahaha, that's genuinely funny, in fairness. Really made me laugh!

5 minutes ago, StrangerOrders said:

That Lion video though, GW is just trolling now lol.

Hahaha, that's genuinely funny, in fairness. Really made me laugh!

Seems the rumours are true after all.

I know the Primarchs are popular characters, but i really think it's a shame that another is returning because of the negative (to me) impact it will have on the setting. It'll move 40k one step closer to being Horus Heresy 2.0, with yet more focus on demi-god Primarchs who have to be involved in everything significant and move the setting towards being their story. Primarchs showing up to solve problems just by being Primarchs is something that to me is just uninteresting, and its further marvelization of 40k. Just feel its detrimental to it overall.

Edited by TheVoidDragon

2 minutes ago, TheVoidDragon said:

I know the Primarchs are popular characters, but i really think it's a shame that another is returning because of the negative (to me) impact it will have on the setting. It'll move 40k one step closer to being Horus Heresy 2.0, with yet more focus on demi-god Primarchs who have to be involved in everything significant and move the setting towards being their story. Primarchs showing up to solve problems just by being Primarchs is something that to me is just uninteresting, and its further marvelization of 40k which I feel is just detrimental to it overall.

While I don't disagree, the Primarchs coming back in a progressing story means that the old imperium still exists for you to play in. It's just it likely won't be expanded beyond where it got to.

It's not like its a retcon saying they were always there, but just never had a model.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE 

Breathe Skywrath, breathe..

Edited by Skywrath

4 minutes ago, TheVoidDragon said:

I know the Primarchs are popular characters, but i really think it's a shame because of the impact it will have on the setting. It'll move 40k one step closer to being Horus Heresy 2.0, with yet more focus on demi-god Primarchs who have to be involved in everything significant and move the setting towards being their story. Primarchs showing up to solve problems just by being Primarchs is something that to me is just uninteresting, and its further marvelization of 40k which I feel is just detrimental to it overall.

I mean, thats been fairly debunked over the years, Guiliman isnt at the centre of everything, hes barely doing much directly at all. Neither are the Daemon primarchs. Hell poor Angron isnt even the primary antagonist in his own "return" essentially doing someone else's bidding even if he loves his work :D 

That lion advert is great though :P Honestly made me a bit more likely to stay up, well, 4am isnt unusual for my nocturnal ass but ive not been sleeping due to some issues and im exhausted :/ 

7 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Be real, if there is a book you know Gav wrote it :D

"The Lion" written by Gav Thorpe and Phil Kelley - The Lion wakes up, accidentally bumps the Chalupa and creates a warp storm going back in time to cancel out the warp storm Azrael accidentally sent back through time the last time Gav was allowed to write a novel. This results in Caliban never being destroyed, creating a time paradox and transforming The Lion into a new Chaos demigod. That demigod's name? Vashtorr the Stampede.

Vashtorr's first act as the new Daemon Primarch of the Darkest Angels is to have Azrael cede the Angels of Absolution homeworld to the Tau for some reason. The rest of the novel is a training montage between Shadowsun and Farsight.

Also, the Imperium starts a civil war and the Tyranids are revealed to have been created by Bellisarius Cawl.

2 hours ago, Brother Captain Arkley said:

Please for the love all thats holy keep Gav or Phil away from any fluff about his return.

I couldn’t agree more with this! I believe it should be Andy Clark though as he’s the head writer for Arks of Omen 

lucky for us Phil is now busy with AOS

Edited by WARMASTER_
Wrong Andy

6 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

I couldn’t agree more with this! I believe it should be Andy Hoare though as he’s the head writer for Arks of Omen 

lucky for us Phil is now busy with AOS

Seconded, otherwise he might face an angry dark angel mob dragging him to cell 42 to await Asmodai's tender mercies. Hopefully never to be seen again :whistling:

Edited by Skywrath