Warhammer Preview - AdeptiCon 2023

2 hours ago, tzeentch9 said:

Both the helbrutes and raptors/talons have only just come out, relatively speaking. They don’t need new models

They’re 10/11 years old respectively I don’t think by any metric you can say they’ve only just come out

I agree they probably won’t get an update soon but they are new lol

Edited by WARMASTER_

7 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

They’re 10/11 years old respectively I don’t think by any metric you can say they’ve only just come out

There's core troop units across the game that are older. They're not new but they're in that post 5th ed "not old enough to worry about" bracket for sure.

And their general design is pretty inline with current chaos kits, I don’t even think they’re smaller right?

interesting theory @TheMawr about Dante maybe being planned as new miniature Mondays reveal, would suggest he’s completely decoupled from all the release plans if so

On 3/19/2023 at 5:26 PM, WARMASTER_ said:

Hello and welcome! Good spot! While it’s entirely possible that it’s a new Soul Grinder GW have also definitely eased up a bit in recent years on their art having to match the models exactly

I think most of us can also agree that’s a good thing that 7th edition era of art would god awful 

Would be cool to see though this art makes it a LOT less goofy looking 

I want a new Defiler/Soul Grinder dual kit. It desperately needs a face lift. 

Need lots more Daemon Engines. 

17 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

Ten and eleven years is very definitely just come out, in model redesign years. 

2 hours ago, Dark Shepherd said:

Another thought/issue: AT Titans and AI flyers at current prices would make Epic an extremely expensive game system (unless theres some very generous starter/launch boxes)

Its definitely a mix between some Titans that are a bargain and some that make you choke, even in Resin with the surprisingly "cheap" (It really isnt but FW) direwolf, i think AI was similar? The AT starter is amazing value though so hopefully they run along those lines.

Certainly in the first couple of iterations of Epic infantry was extremely cheap, you got a buttload of infantry in what would be £10-£15ish boxes these days, even tanks were in only 2-3 pieces which meant a lot of units per sprue. Now im expecting more complicated vehicles but infantry you could still pack onto sprues like sardines :

This may be a massive jinx, but I've got to say, we're 12-14 hours out and we haven't had any leaked images etc.

I'm quite impressed they've managed to get such a handle on the leaks, I know we all think we know what is coming, but that's very different to potato cam pics etc. 

2 minutes ago, NKirkham24 said:

This may be a massive jinx, but I've got to say, we're 12-14 hours out and we haven't had any leaked images etc.

I'm quite impressed they've managed to get such a handle on the leaks, I know we all think we know what is coming, but that's very different to potato cam pics etc. 

I was thinking that too.

It might have been a "here's Dante" big news and now they'll just show us Dante again and everyone will be disappointed. 

9 minutes ago, Handsome Fred said:

Whe had 2 leak, Dante and new Warcry box. So I hope there will be more for 40k, not only the teaser for new edition...

Warcry wasnt among the games to have previews on adepticon though, and according to the rumors, dante wasnt going to be either.

edit:

To add something, the warcry minigame, that stands outside the regular schedule, using underworlds minis from that leak reminded me outside of the known gallowfall, and hypothetical new kill team season (99,99% certain not unveiled tonight) GW sometimes throws curveballs like that. something like that might make sense of some of the kill team rumors as well.

Edited by TheMawr

On 3/20/2023 at 1:13 PM, WARMASTER_ said:

I don’t care about the rules at all, they change everything 3/6 months anyway, all I care about is having better newer models that’ll be in the range for 10+ years 

Big agree. 

On 3/20/2023 at 6:27 PM, Blindhamster said:

interesting theory @TheMawr about Dante maybe being planned as new miniature Mondays reveal, would suggest he’s completely decoupled from all the release plans if so

There is the possibility of some sort of release to tie in with AOO Book 5. I know everyone is expecting the Lion but he is not yet confirmed and also there might be some sort of tie-in release like the Wrath of the Soul Forge King. Dante, some Sanguinary Guard and Intercessors on one side and something else (Nids perhaps?) on the other. 

Nothing guaranteed of course but 10th is still 3 months away and I am sure GW are not going to miss a chance to get some more 40K releases in over the Spring.

4 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

There is the possibility of some sort of release to tie in with AOO Book 5. I know everyone is expecting the Lion but he is not yet confirmed and also there might be some sort of tie-in release like the Wrath of the Soul Forge King. Dante, some Sanguinary Guard and Intercessors on one side and something else (Nids perhaps?) on the other. 

Nothing guaranteed of course but 10th is still 3 months away and I am sure GW are not going to miss a chance to get some more 40K releases in over the Spring.

If that were the case he wouldnt have his own boxset yet though, I think he is planned to be released seperate from the get go. But I do agree, I think it will be before 10th... I dont think any post-10th boxes are in the same system yet. The rumor engine yesterday also teased that next week we will see cato sicarius, might be a single box miniature as well.

On a different note, I really expected todays 40year warhammer article to have something to do with an adepticon reveal... any of them. So many options they could have gone with.. Terminators, Tyranids, WFB Imperials (at least thats the rumor), Squats or 40k beastmen if the Kill team rumors are true, or even spacehulk to further toy with the mind of those fans ( or the macragge box, to completely shut that out )

But they went for the eldar vyper, and while Im almost 100% certain (and I not often am) that wont have anything to do with the reveals, I can feel my mind already consuming hopium... bad warhammer community !

5 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

On a different note, I really expected todays 40year warhammer article to have something to do with an adepticon reveal... any of them. ...

But they went for the eldar vyper, and while Im almost 100% certain (and I not often am) that wont have anything to do with the reveals, I can feel my mind already consuming hopium... bad warhammer community !

They did bring up Epic again though.

Once is happenstance, twice is circumstance...

9 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

If that were the case he wouldnt have his own boxset yet though, I think he is planned to be released seperate from the get go. But I do agree, I think it will be before 10th... I dont think any post-10th boxes are in the same system yet. The rumor engine yesterday also teased that next week we will see cato sicarius, might be a single box miniature as well.

That same article also stated "Codex: Primaris Lieutenants is around the corner! Gargants now have a minimum unit size of 20! The Squats are returning!"

I didn't take the Sicarius promise any more seriously.

Yeah, can't wait to wake up and go through the articles.

I suppose this might count as the "Heresy Thursday" (although the location it's broadcast from won't be in Thursday yet), looking back at the article from last week there was no mention of Heresy Thursday coming this week. 

2 hours ago, Hfran Morkai said:

Yeah, can't wait to wake up and go through the articles.

I suppose this might count as the "Heresy Thursday" (although the location it's broadcast from won't be in Thursday yet), looking back at the article from last week there was no mention of Heresy Thursday coming this week. 

Nah, they quite often don't mention the next week's Heresy Thursday / all the other regular weekly slots on WarComm have been fulfilled so far this week. So I think there will be something.

39 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

Nah, they quite often don't mention the next week's Heresy Thursday / all the other regular weekly slots on WarComm have been fulfilled so far this week. So I think there will be something.

How else will they drop in the next vehicle variant?