New Nids Confirmed images thread 30/4/2023

Brother Nathan

12 hours ago, Evil Eye said:

Also reminds me a bit of this wonderful old conversion from Bocks, one of the Warpshadow regulars (if anyone remembers that forum?)

Now that takes me back, in it's heyday that forum was bristling with mad creativity. I know Mr_Pink is still fairly active on his blog, any idea if any of the other old regulars have an online presence these days?

3 hours ago, frankendoodle65 said:

Now that takes me back, in it's heyday that forum was bristling with mad creativity. I know Mr_Pink is still fairly active on his blog, any idea if any of the other old regulars have an online presence these days?

They do, albeit mostly on Instagram these days- that being said, Mr. Pink/Modern Synthesist has a YouTube channel with fairly regular streams often featuring people from the community.

1 hour ago, Evil Eye said:

They do, albeit mostly on Instagram these days- that being said, Mr. Pink/Modern Synthesist has a YouTube channel with fairly regular streams often featuring people from the community.

Ah Instagram, that's why I haven't seen any of it! One of these days I might try to figure out that social media malarkey... 

Back on topic, I haven't been so excited about a new Tyranid release since 4th edition! (And yes writing that sentence does make me feel old!) Anyone got any idea when we might see some more previews? 

GW seems to be doing daily 10th updates regarding rules and such, they exampled an intercessor yesterday, hopefully they cycle through some bugs!

I assume we'll also get a daily "new model" warcom post going through everything in the new starter in the run up to preorder. 

45 minutes ago, Xenith said:

GW seems to be doing daily 10th updates regarding rules and such, they exampled an intercessor yesterday, hopefully they cycle through some bugs!

I assume we'll also get a daily "new model" warcom post going through everything in the new starter in the run up to preorder. 

I hope so, though I'd imagine some would be held back to Warhammer Fest. 

Can't make my mind up if they'd reveal the new Screamer Killer before Fest mind 

they said that all the new minis will be on display at end of month at an event and be doing example games for people.... so say the several models types for this month, release a few a week on a key weekly day. today they did termy rules and tomorrow its the detachments so thursday model?  after the termys nids need something a fair bit better than a gaunt... 

10 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

They could show off the phobos lieutenant equivalent, which would be nice if it was a lictor...

Absolutely! We've had 5 terminators and a Phobos lieutenant Vs one little termagant, definitely time we saw something more exciting! 

Knowing my luck they'll show off a single ripper won't they?

The marine side alone was 8 units, 2 of which have been fully revealed (phobos lieutenant and terminators), the nid side is roughly the same if I recall, someone did tally it up with all the possible new units. I think it comes under 24 though combined.

Also, isn't it less than 24 reveal slots? They don't tend to show models off on a Saturday or Sunday.

With that in mind there's 17 days where they can reveal things, assuming they do 1 a day, which they haven't so far, since they may only do 1 unit a week which gives us only 3 reveals left.

Yeah, I don’t mind taking casualties at range as long as our units can turn the tables in assault.

There have been editions of this game were I have stayed out of CC with the enemy as much as possible. If we just end up bouncing off the enemy or getting pasted in assault, that’s going to be disheartening.

Tbh iv spent this edition shooting stuff off the board an am at like 9 for 0. Nids dont have to be the best at anything in particular though. Ok shooting and phsy and cc caj beat most armys if played right. And i usually want more than extras so i can afford losses. Which is why i like our current dex and only think swarm should have been cheaper and it was fairly close to internal balance. Like near everything can do a job. Even slightly differently is different enough. I just want all options to be viable. 

On 4/3/2023 at 9:38 AM, Xenith said:

Here's a better shot of one of the weird new things from the Nid Newsletter page:

image.thumb.png.1856f65b546d2c641f04b78a45ed52f3.png

So like an aoe, buff de buff?

I'll imagine it's like the creep in sc2

see i was wondering how raveners are worthwhile compared but obv raveners deepstrike and are all rounders just lacking synapse and of course can be shooty or shoppy or mixed. meanwhile these leapers will just be fast choppy but how different from lictors will they be. lictors having more stealth benifits. they do look much more akin to the death leaper too. so  where he falls, can he join their units? curioussss

The size comparison confirms for me that this is a dual kit - with different heads, abdomen weapons and back carapaces, like the zoan/venomthropes. I still see them as skulking hunters, so theyll be a scytal melee unit with many attacks for popping up and blending through things (like flayed ones?) while the lictor is still the assassin supreme, so will be better at punching through armour and probably get the precision strikes rule to target characters. 

Edited by Xenith

agreed, but dual with what? im thinking take away the limbs and head and add..... whips? acid pouches to explode? suicide bomber fast nids?fast dakka nids with short range guns?  it seems to small to double as lictors. wasnt there a bigger form of termagaunt mentioned in rumours?