New Nids Confirmed images thread 30/4/2023

Brother Nathan

17 hours ago, Brother nathan said:

FB_IMG_1682088218077.jpg

ENHANCE! 

Nice work, they look cool. Seems like the armour might be over the eyes on the rightmost two? It's definitely unique to rippers and some of the FW models. With the last low GW almost went with baby termagant/hormagaunt/genestealer for the rippers that came on the sprues, I wonder if we'll see the same variation. 

19 hours ago, ZeroWolf said:

How did the parasite turn out rules wise.

having used the original rules to no effect i wasnt expecting much but actually for 80 points... fantastically. its pretty much an auto include for me and i dont have the official model yet(i use a converted stealer from spacehulk that i made for original rules) iv failed so many infection rolls especially the stratagem roll ones but that it has infected a huge unit on an objective so removed obsec, killed a few directly and more to infection and more to failed moral then with the warlord trait that makes it obsec stole objectives... 16'' movement  etc. requires very specific placement and a fair bit of it doing nothing but even ignoring the extra rippers just being a distraction/locking units down/ helping numbers off objectives... worth the 80 points. 

not a bother! probably should do the review thing on it as it being the only added unit this edition it could do with the tactica. the other valid thing to do(but i havent with it yet) is to give it the gestation sac to spawn more rippers, primarily in hopes to spawn enough to get look out sir and make it harder to kill the parasite/ spawn more models to infuriate and throw off objective holding... unlikely but the possibility to spawn 3 units of rippers in one turn is amusing... 

On 4/25/2023 at 2:20 AM, Brother nathan said:

Its made me realise..  the big nid from the spacemarine 2 trailer... aint a tyrant... and i had my suspicions...its a warrior. Prime probably...

Yeah the one in the space marine 2 trailer is definitely a warrior, not a hive tyrant. But whether it's a prime or a regular warrior is slightly more debatable.
It definitely looks like a prime, as it has the torso with extended shoulder plates, and the slightly wider head carapace. However the devs have been a bit weird in their gameplay trailers by making just about every warrior look like that. Seems unlikely that every warrior you run into would be a tyranid prime; it looks like they've just adopted that design in their game for the regular warriors.

Think there will be demo games of Xth so we will almost certainly see the launch box.

If we’re lucky we might see other stuff for the new Nids but I think there’s an equal chance they will keep those models to teases-release over the next two months to maintain hype.

On 4/24/2023 at 4:20 PM, Brother nathan said:

Its made me realise..  the big nid from the spacemarine 2 trailer... aint a tyrant... and i had my suspicions...its a warrior. Prime probably...

Screenshot_20230424_151857_YouTube.jpg

The Hive Tyrants in lore should be the size of dreadnoughts(more or less), and this tyranid was at Titus' height so it was clearly a warrior. Whatever a Prime or not I don't know.

I wonder if the cinematic will be included in the game as the intro, and if it will have references to the current conflict of the 4th Tyrannic War.

12 minutes ago, Brother nathan said:

Was just thinking... what are the terrain expectations from the starter? Last time nids got non forgeworld terrain(which i think was all discontinued) was battle for maccarage? 

The most likely option will be IoM buildings and ruins, but would love to have new Tyranid terrain. Our last 'terrain' if you could consider them that would be sporocysts.

Edited by Jscarlos18

Sooo much that looks great!

edit; back to do a breakdown and update post...

Neurotyrant- class model, few interesting details on it but over all love it. shall fit in well with all my zoans... nicely a combination of all zoan styles

screamer killer is class and rules seem fitting!

leapers... already know. must be decent in cc or they wont do much tbh...

termagaunts... hoping now theses are cheap as else wise i dont currently see their purpose overly.

neurogaunts...curve ball thing... i cant make my mind up on these...they nearly look like stealers mixed with gaunts and i need to see their rules to understand. 10 plus their champion gaunt... curious... is this lie in 3rd upgrading a gaunt to a leader gaunt? 

Barbgaunts- another curveball as in the video the side on view they looked like biovores. they've really expanded the gaunt genus. interesting models and differences to mark them as differences that have me very curious as to what biovores will look like. 

psychophage. love it. think its tentacles were in some preview pics and everyone thought was fantasy. anti psyker so fits in with my kronos plans. and gnarly tentacled model... love it. 

guess this is all we are going to see til closer to our autum codex release? leaves plenty of gaps for now but as only gaunts are overlapping with existing this is looking like a great box! though gonna need base extenders....

also...

2768ixkgrswa1.jpg

Edited by Brother nathan

from what i can gather of those playing at the event they were only using the screamerkillers and gaunts vs dread and flamers so was limited rules play and models but damm do they look good. 

7 hours ago, Brother nathan said:

from what i can gather of those playing at the event they were only using the screamerkillers and gaunts vs dread and flamers so was limited rules play and models but damm do they look good. 

The most likely explanation is that most of those are the units with revealed datasheets, and they don't want anyone to leak the rest so they can dripfeed them to us through the community website on the upcoming weeks.