New Nids Confirmed images thread 30/4/2023

Brother Nathan

3 hours ago, Dread said:

Hey everyone.  Been a long time since I've had a bug army, my last one was end of 5th edition. Seeing the new releases coming out got me excited and will have to have them. Hopefully they'll play well. Can't wait to paint them.

I'm hoping the same. As good as the new terminators are, I think I'm going to have more fun with the nids! 

well as thats probably all we shal get til they start teasing for the new codex whats everyones general thoughts now and favourite of the new nids(just models). what are you looking forward to painting most etc? 

im really looking forward to painting up the neurotyrant as i think it looks class and will go amazingly with my zoans wing(will also need to get the current plastic zoans to finish that off too...) kinda hope to get a second prime at some point as i really wanna repose those limbs but am not sure i wanna risk it with the first. 

There will be a couple of chances I think to get a second prime, aside from the obvious eBay. I'd imagine that the figure will be in one of the starter sets along with the phobos guy/ or terminator captain, and then there may be a chance when Hatchett bring out their inevitable next 40k part work. With Imperium, we got the royal warden and primaris bladeguard lieutenant in issue 1. They may just pull the same trick again.

I think it's all great, either as is or for conversion parts. 

Screamer killer has a bit of a goofy head and short stubby arms, but my first thought when I saw him was the body shape is very similar to the 3rd edition Carnifex, so I'll be turning mine into Old One Eye. 

Neurotyrant is beautiful and weird in all the best ways. No idea what I'll do with it but there's a lot of potential. 

The prime is lovely apart from those awful wings, so I'll either find a better pair or just turn him into a walking prime. 

The Psychophage is a bit too spidery for my liking but there are some nice parts to use elsewhere - hopefully once I have it in hand I'll come up with some good ideas.

Barbgaunts and termagants are beautiful as they are.

The Neurogaunts are a little goofy but I'll wait until I have them in hand before making any decisions. 

I think I'll have a lot of fun with the leviathan box! 

8 hours ago, frankendoodle65 said:

Screamer killer has a bit of a goofy head and short stubby arms

I think that might just have been GW's poor photography - the arms are about as long as the torso?

8 new rules we learned playing Warhammer 40k 10th edition | Wargamer

The main thing I'm looking forward to is the neurotyrant, as a fan of all things psychic. I hope it's vald as a choice in itself. I'm looking forward to painting the leapers - the photos again don't do them justice.  

I'd not seen any other angles, the screamer arms look much better here! Still not sold on the face but that's an easy fix. 

I forgot to mention the leapers in my above post, so for the sake of completeness... Everything's great apart from the faces which should be an easy fix. Probably just remove the top teeth and mandibles, I'm thinking full tentacle face should be a big improvement for them. 

See the face on the Screamer Killer is one of those things I love as it harkens back to that old RT/2nd edition beauty :laugh:

Thanks for those photos Xenith! I quite like the Barbgaunts myself but the Neurotyrant is a standout, especially in those shots.

poor quality but confrmation on gws side that this is the combat patrol formed form the nid side of the set... 

Screenshot_20230509_171807_Facebook.jpg

as for reposing, leapers ill likely keep default and the first screamer, id hapily get 3 and repose the others and keep them as pure screamers. 

Phsycophage, first default but id definately want to repose one flatter and like in the video have one more focused on feeding... if my terviagon conversion im planning works it may give extra ideas... 

Edited by Brother nathan

11 hours ago, Brother nathan said:

this is the combat patrol formed form the nid side of the set... 

Ah cool, so we'll be able to make the combat patrol from the Leviathan set at least to be able to engage with that side of smaller gaming without needing to buy a nother combat patrol. 

13 hours ago, Brother nathan said:

Makes me wonder wether or not the nid side will be sold seperately as a patrol?

Probably these parts will - the push fit shadowspear kits got released as the Start Collecting CSM kit a while back, and this seems a great source of key units. 

• 1 month later...

:jawdrop:

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Deathleaper got the well deserved glow up, and is now up to standard with modern characters of other factions. That is going to be an instant buy the moment it hits the stores. This edition is delivering biomass of excelent quality. I'm going to end up broke by the end of it :biggrin:

Edited by Jscarlos18

• 1 month later...

Ill be honest whilst i like them im not blown away to need any of them. Depending on the size my converted diamacheron will be the emmasary ot such. Iv a few lictors and biovores  so may be able to just buy starter box nids and fill the gaps cheaply. Thankfully. 

Anyone else just not like nids doing too much of this walking on spikes thing? Surely theyd sink into the ground? I much prefer current biovores...

Edited by Brother nathan

I’m all over this entire range!

Such a great time to be a space bug!!

Great find on the concept art Xenith, Mark Gibbons was my all time favourite GW artist.

Really excited for the Norn duo, I want them both! Hopefully they’ll be in the £65-£75 price range.

Anyone reckon they’ll do more with the Codex or is this everything?

I think they'll have more, I'd expect MPK's for the rest of the Leviathan stuff, as we see with the gaunts. I don't know if barbgaunts will even be a thing as regular gants now seem to be able to take the barb thing. The screamer killer seems ripe for a multikit carnifex redux, and I'd half expect the hive tyrant to get a new kit, the current one is what 2010 or so? Or even earlier?