New Nids Confirmed images thread 30/4/2023

Brother Nathan

6 minutes ago, Brother nathan said:

agreed, but dual with what?

Lictors! :laugh: The upper arms and poses are the same, you just need 2 sets of heads, lower arms and upper carapace +/- flesh hooks to make them into a dual kit. 

no think it could be a bit to small? / that they are coming with a lictor as an ic unit sprue? obv lictors getting the lone warrior rules for untargetableness and likely to get a few more defensive adds to that and likely be much the same as it currently is...

also going back and looking at a few predictions lists so we can compare what was suggested...

1 Norn Emissary (psyker)

1 Winged Warrior (I note Valrak uses the singular form, so maybe a leader/HQ choice ?)

10 Hormagaunts- seems to be the new termagaunts?

1 Screamer-Killer Carnifex

1 new Venom-Crawler type Nid

2 Lictors- looks like this is the von ryan leapers and is 3

2 Biovores

.. Spore Mines

other rumours

• Apex Swarmlord
Edited by Brother nathan

Of the two leaper comparisons posted (32mm base vs 40mm base), the 40mm base looks more correct. The base rim is too short on the 32mm comparison, and the limbs a bit too thin.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the leapers did make a dual kit with lictors. They're a tiny bit smaller than the current lictor model, but not majorly so. It's close enough in size and appearance that I could see lictors just being made marginally smaller so they could be the same kit. The height of the models is already about the same, it's just the leaper is a little more slender, and is posed leaning forwards.

On the other hand, if lictors do become a separate kit then I'd imagine they'll be made to look quite different than they currently do. As the size difference and appearance between the leapers and the current lictor is close enough that I'd think GW would want to distinguish them more. Perhaps by making the lictor significantly larger.

On 4/12/2023 at 11:28 AM, Brother nathan said:

agreed, but dual with what? im thinking take away the limbs and head and add..... whips? acid pouches to explode? suicide bomber fast nids?fast dakka nids with short range guns?  it seems to small to double as lictors. wasnt there a bigger form of termagaunt mentioned in rumours?

There was the hyper-gaunt rumours, though some speculated that they may have been the leapers.

They can't release new images of the nids quick enough 

• Curious how GW will do the Screamer-Killer so he doesn't look weird.
  • The size of the brain mines and the psychic tyranid could be bigger than the zoanthropes but we'll see.
  • The new biovores look amazing in the few clear shots they have. Unless it's like with the lictors and it's just another unit that resembles them.
  • Von Ryan's Leapers was one tyranid lifeform I didn't expect to see but am glad they decided to create a miniature for them.
  • The termagants look awesome, wonder if it will be a dual kit with the hormagaunts.
  • The reaction of the octopus to the UM reinforcements is a little bit funny, not gonna lie XD.
  • The winged warrior looks awesome every time I watch the trailer.

Hopefully GW reveals the rest of the range before WH Fest.

Edited by Jscarlos18

Doubtful we'll see everything before Warhammer Fest but I reckon it'll only be one thing they hold back and honestly, I think it'll be the psyker bug...but then they could surprise me and hold the Screamer Killer back till then 

i recon will have seen the full starter contents and some of the rules but that the full starter use rules will be shown then and then some of the other new nids will be at it but no rules previewed for them til  closer til launch. at this point why do gw drip feed, to get us to keep checking in and build hype to drive interest and conversation and eventually sales. like im definitely getting the starter set... how much of the extra units waits to be seen based on cost etc. that i can and will use both army's is even better though ive enough still on spruces that its embarrassing and i was supposed to be working on a chaos army... ill likely return nids to be my learner army for this ed and swapping into blood angels when ive it figured til chaos get something... 

19 hours ago, Brother nathan said:

So complete guess but whats the thoughts on this being phsy week? Libarian shown today? Chances of them showing on the new nid psy and then a few powers this week in a seperate article?

It seems GW is alternating between the two factions to show a new miniature and later a related article. We could get the Screamer-Killer the next monday for a monsters article the next day. Don't take my word for it, because I could be completely missing the mark.

Well we got the libarians data sheet and a weirdboy one... without seeing more it does seem that we will loose a fair bit of our powers variety but be able to cast the same thing multiple times.... so zoans having smite but maby giving nearby units an inv save? Zoans were once out best antitank unit and had the lance rule... wonder if they will get anything similar again. Guessing our multi casters may loose such...

Nice catch, I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. Next week we get the winged warrior so I wonder if it will be a Tyranid Shrike or another thing entirely. If it's a Shrike, I'm curious if they will update the Warriors to do it as an option like the current winged Hive Tyrant.

Edited by Jscarlos18

Hard to know as i assumed the parasite was a dual kit for ages to be wrong. Id guess new kit as itll be more sales but also wouldnt be entirely suprised if new dearer box with extra sprue. But weve only seen one... unless its only hq shrike prime? But then that opens questions with new hq rules would such join gargoyles... is that not where parasite goes. Will shrikrs come seperately to ensure extra sales... how balanced is the starter?. Interesting line intodays page that it does confirm nextweek we are meeting our new winged hq choice capable of cutting terminstors in two...

Screenshot_20230421_071328_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Brother nathan

Mine have always been lack luster though i remember in 3rd mine killing tau battlesuits in cc but thats one of the few things they were better than in cc. More a unit i have that fills points than actually useful. No obsec made them crud. 

Now youve said it armour isnt over the eyes however thats a design thats been getting rarer in nids sadly. They do seem slightly more armoured elsewise. Sure iv only used them with parasite this edition anyway so meh lol... shame theres not more on the base