Lion El'Johnson - Primarch of the Dark Angels

So he's a tiny bit smaller than Guilliman? Or simply less bulky?

I'm glad they are consistent with the size of the loyalists. 

I really hope they don't keep us waiting too long to release the novels that feature the Lion. I must know how the meeting with his brother goes lol

2 hours ago, DarkChaplain said:

and now Guilliman has been the de-facto new emperor for decades. 

If this is post devastation of Baal it would be at best 80 years or more likely if this is set a little time after Devastation around a century, entire generations will have been born and died knowing nothing of the Pre G man days.  If handled well it could be very fun. 

I'd be 'lion if I didn't say I expected his return! Badumtss ... sorry couldn't help it! 

I really like the model, was a bit worried on how he would turn out but they did him right. The pose and the the winged helmet is just epic , very imposing and distinct! 

Now just have to resists the urge to start a Dark Angel army... shouldn't be too hard... right ? :D

6 minutes ago, ShibeKing said:

Gman has the Emperor's Sword and Lion has the Emperor's Shield. Does that mean there's a chance Russ will be rocking the Emperor's Claw?

this would rule. and it would suit Russ's savagery.

As another distinction, the Lion's role has been to go out into the dark and be a beat stick, it does open up a role for Russ (or another Primarch, I guess) to come back and be Warmaster to Guilliman's Lord Commander. Doesn't have to be called Warmaster, just thinking it would be some division of war-waging/governing division of reponsibilties. 

1 hour ago, Orange Knight said:

So he's a tiny bit smaller than Guilliman? Or simply less bulky?

I'm glad they are consistent with the size of the loyalists. 

Iirc rouboutes armour has special lifesupport built in which makes him very bulky

Apparently, there are some complaints about more Primarchs returning to 40k? :huh: Sorry, I can't hear any of those, as I'm too busy enjoying the absolute epic-ness of this illustration, looking forward to reading about the confrontation it depicts, and imagining all the Golden Demon worthy dioramas that are going to painted up based on it, using the superb models of Angron and The Lion :biggrin::laugh:

I2TXYSiAUcVsr653.jpg

If we get more models of the same quality, and stunning moments like this in the lore, I look forward to seeing all the surviving Primarchs back in 40k :yes: My prediction - Fulgrim and Dorn (maybe the Khan...) to be the next ones, in 3 years' time :biggrin:

Well gots to wait a couple more years for Lorgar and Perturarbo, so finally zealous Dorn, spreading the word of the God Emperor makes an appearance.

Like the model very much, head options are amazing, my only personal gripe is he does not have a 2 handed sword. 

Edited by Sete

1 hour ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Very, very happy with the model! Love the four head options. 

What is the thing the second Watcher is carrying?

My initial thought is it looks like a mace, not unlike a Crozius Arcanum.

Maybe a second weapon?

But it could also be something like a marshal's baton.

A rather huge one though... the one Valdor holds for example, is a lot smaller. 

3 minutes ago, Spyros said:

My initial thought is it looks like a mace, not unlike a Crozius Arcanum.

Maybe a second weapon?

But it could also be something like a marshal's baton.

A rather huge one though... the one Valdor holds for example, is a lot smaller. 

A scepter or baton... hmm. An authority symbol for his hunt?

A ten thousand years nap was bad from Lion's hair... Xd

Jokes apart, is a fantastic miniature. A real good one indeed.Full of head options. I like the hooded heads. And the design, specially the base,  reminds me a lot Horus Ascended miniature

8 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

It could be Russ. A pride of Wolves. Golden Wolves. With wolf manes.

A truly brave GW would have a rebellious Lion acting on his own authority, supported by disenfranchised Firstborn. Still loyal, but didn't believe in tampering with the Emperor's Work and certainly didn't trust Cawl.

They can even produce a more unique and varied Firstborn group of units. Maybe taken from the Lion's own dogma (so more ruthless).

Plenty of new models to play with, new concepts and room for this big narrative push GW likes.

And most importantly, it retains the failing Imperium collapsing from its own strife and hubris. The big changes shouldn't be the great successes they seem to be - and how tragic would it be if Primaris and Cawl are genuine but the Lion opposes them anyway.

That's back to 40K.

Works for me - got waaaaay to many firstborn DA and can’t be doing with repainting all of it onto Primaris!

Highlight of the whole preview for me. I'll probably go with the winged variant but all the head options are good. Not completely sold on the little wing-a-lings on the back pack but it's a minor quibble. Now I just have to learn how to paint black armour and make it look half decent. 

Any loyalist Primarch returning should have a big effect on the setting. But The Lions return will have a far bigger effect on his legion/chapter than any other primarch on theirs. Did they reveal what changes he'll bring to the universe?

9 minutes ago, Fallen11 said:

Age of sigmar crosses to 40k, it's what I think about his armor. Heresy variant looks better.

I'm really not so sure. I actually prefer the 40k version. And I really enjoy the fact that he looks aged, but not old. Extremely regal and powerful, with a lot of Gravitas.

I think it could be the best 40k model.