Lion El'Johnson - Primarch of the Dark Angels

Absolutely insanely excellent, outta the park. The aged Charles Dance face, the detailing, whoooa.

A must-buy for me. Another centerpiece to be painted!

Also, I might have to buy two, to convert the other to a Dorn Returned. The sword and shield, as well as the helmet sans wings, are just absolutely asking for it!

Edited by Kastor Krieg

2 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

I will definitely purchase this model, and promptly dispatch him to the best commission painter available. 

Cost be damned.

I'll be getting him day 1, and will paint him to my best, mediocre standard. With Gulliman coming in the Imperium mag, my Primaris Riven will have two options for Primarchs.

I do have a buddy who will be doing the same as you though, which means I'll at least be able to see a really good painted version often :biggrin:

Oh, I'll end up buying two of them in the end. One to admire and one to actually lug around from game to game .

I honestly can't decide which head option is back. It could be the helmet but the loss of the iron halo is significant. Might just go with the face.

2 hours ago, firestorm40k said:

Apparently, there are some complaints about more Primarchs returning to 40k? :huh: Sorry, I can't hear any of those, as I'm too busy enjoying the absolute epic-ness of this illustration, looking forward to reading about the confrontation it depicts, and imagining all the Golden Demon worthy dioramas that are going to painted up based on it, using the superb models of Angron and The Lion :biggrin::laugh:

I2TXYSiAUcVsr653.jpg

If we get more models of the same quality, and stunning moments like this in the lore, I look forward to seeing all the surviving Primarchs back in 40k :yes: My prediction - Fulgrim and Dorn (maybe the Khan...) to be the next ones, in 3 years' time :biggrin:

People complaining about more primarchs returning is a silly, silly take. The 40k universe has *monumentally* shifted more in the last five years than in decades of lore. Totally makes sense, GW cashes in on the HH/Primarchs series and everybody wins.

Stunning model. Regal, but not ostentatious. Not the cliched 'stab-the-sky' pose, or another 'look-at-me-being-awesome' pose, but simply a warrior stepping onto the field of battle.

I am wondering though, that cannot be the Lion's Sword, no? Cypher is still carrying that around?

I really hope there will be an interaction between Cypher and the Lion, one that shows that the Lion has some knowledge of Cyphers goals and intentions...

And please let the interaction between the Lion and Guilliman be somewhat amicable, brotherly, different and distant they might be,

It's good but I don't feel blown away by it? Might just be that I've come to dislike the eavy metal painting style and associate it with aos, which makes him feel very fantasy to me. 

The hooded helmet is ace though.

2 minutes ago, Quantum said:

I am wondering though, that cannot be the Lion's Sword, no? Cypher is still carrying that around?

This sword is called Fealty. Don't know if it has a history, but like Gulliman the Lion had/used multiple weapons during his career. 

I’m gonna take a wild guess and say the hooded heads both share the same hood, meaning you’d have to magnetise the faces that fit into it as well of you want all 4 options. Which I will be doing because I can’t pick which one I prefer!

as said in the DA forums, I love this model apart from the little vent wings, everything else is stellar.

I really like the model as its own thing (especially the face), though there are elements that looked very AoS.

I don't really like it in comparison to the 30k model. Ornamentation plays a big part.

The paint scheme is not good, and definitely affects my second point.