1 minute ago, Captain Idaho said:

So they're just repackaging Lictors and calling them a stupid new name?

What's going on in GW's creative department?

These are a bioform distinct from lictors - these being pack-based predators while Lictors seem to retain a more solo-approach. Says so plain black on white in the article.

So is a Termagant in a unit of 10 with Devourers different to a Termagant with Spine fists in units of 30.

The theme, creatively, is just a variant of Lictors. Call them armoured Lictors or pack based or, you know, remember that Lictors also operated in units at one point too...

The name is in-universe. These creatures weren't really discovered by anyone. They could have went with something more in theme with, I dunno, the rest of the army.

I hope it doesn’t mean now new Lictor, but I really like the models and I also like the name (maybe they should have gone proper scientific names - Salirus vonryani or something)

I like both the name and the models. They are distinct from lictors so I can field both without it looking weird, and the name reminds me of rogue trader days when tyranids existed on the borders of imperial 'science' and names could refer to the point of first contact, some historical incident, or another in-universe tidbit. I'm glad they aren't called Jumpdeath Clawbeasts or something.

6 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

So is a Termagant in a unit of 10 with Devourers different to a Termagant with Spine fists in units of 30.

The theme, creatively, is just a variant of Lictors. Call them armoured Lictors or pack based or, you know, remember that Lictors also operated in units at one point too...

The name is in-universe. These creatures weren't really discovered by anyone. They could have went with something more in theme with, I dunno, the rest of the army.

I mean, I'm just telling you what it says in the article, friend. No need to get this riled up. 

The comparison between various flavours of termagant is a bit disingenuous I'd say. This strikes me more as a pyrovore vs biovore thing, but who knows. 

What I'm more wondering is if this kit'll also be able to build Lictors - would seem sensible, but then if they are supposed to be solo-hunters I could also see a distinct clamshell mini being made. I kinda like'em, apart from the heads. The feeding aparati seem a bit too chunky.

3 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

That is not the same at all, Termagants with different weapons are still Termagants.

The Leapers on the other hand may be related to Lictors, but they are still different organisms, the same way Mawlocks and Trygons are related but not the same creature.

Tyranid creatures having fancy names related to who or where they were first encountered has been a thing for ages, Parasite of Mortrex and Doom of Malan'tai, for example.

Heck, the entire Race is called Tyranids because they were first encountered on Tyran Primus.