Really don't want to start Tyranids since I want to start Guard eventually. The new gaunts and leapers are making me question my decision! Such cool looking models!

Hope they show them off in Behemoth's colors soon. My favorite color scheme for the Nids.

I approve of the retro comebacks. Always hoped we would get a dual build malefactor / dactylis dual build for a transport / artillery monster. I wonder if the term hunter slayer will be reintroduced as a termagaunt variant and if the ymargl gene stealers will make a welcomed return?

So these are the raptors of the nid world. pack hunters, intelligent, deadly. Models are ok, the name is meh but I get the lore implications and I like to see little pay offs like this. Most people will just shorten it the leapers so that is fine. Lictor stats with more movement? just my guess.

46 minutes ago, INKS said:

So these are the raptors of the nid world. pack hunters, intelligent, deadly. Models are ok, the name is meh but I get the lore implications and I like to see little pay offs like this. Most people will just shorten it the leapers so that is fine. Lictor stats with more movement? just my guess.

I would hope that moving into the new Edition, the Lictors would be beefed up and given a stat line more emphasizing that extra poundage in weight class plus the single creature stealth concept, while the Leapers would occupy a stat line space more between the Hormagaunts and the Lictors, with hopefully a different combat style/rules to show their pack hunter type mentality.

6 minutes ago, Bryan Blaire said:

I would hope that moving into the new Edition, the Lictors would be beefed up and given a stat line more emphasizing that extra poundage in weight class plus the single creature stealth concept, while the Leapers would occupy a stat line space more between the Hormagaunts and the Lictors, with hopefully a different combat style/rules to show their pack hunter type mentality.

I think you can expect some minor changes to the lictors stat line. Leapers being middling seems about right. I was however thinking more like bladeguard, though that might not be accurate with the exception of model size / limit.

I am on the fence with these guys - the name is an awesome link back to earlier lore snippets, and the models are interesting, but there is just too much going on with the mouth - prehensile fangs, expanding skin, tentacles, bunny teeth - that I think I would have to see the bare plastic models to decide whether they needed a head-swap or not.

Hoping the Lictor gets beefed up to something representing its background - the Fall of Malvolion short story had one tossing over Chimeras and punching through rockcrete walls with its long talons, and shrugging off a surprising amount of firepower compared to the in-game stats they have usually had.

29 minutes ago, Marshal Mittens said:

I imagine these will fill the role of glass cannons that can charge out of deep strike and hit extremely hard, with enough attacks to take on other elite units or big infantry groups, or kill a character that's left alone. 

This sums up what I visualise, good volume of good melee attacks on a comparatively flimsy but fast frame. It treads on the toes of raveners but I suspect these guys will be more infiltrate and less deepstrike.

I for one really like these. Nice to see the old name brought back. Love the name links (same as the parasite ill rarely use the full name) being of hormagaunt link and the ties to the old hormagaunt is cool. Would this be the rumoured hyper hormagaunt?  Will it be a dual kit? Assuming itll be fast and have a super charge thing but where that leaves other fast units compared will be interesting  but could work with a feeder invasion build alongside ymergal stealers (and my custom diama lol)

For those with lots of issues with such nid diversifications... if you look at the old nid dexes like 3rd there were a lot more units even than now due to multi genius rules. Pretty much you could buy most stats to be upgraded on units and create your own specials on the more... diversable genetic units such as gaunts warriors tyrants... they also had a bunch of example units... i feel we may yet see more such examples and yes adding certain things will change a units name and play elsewise how do we have so many spacemarine types... 

I like it!

1 hour ago, Marshal Mittens said:

I imagine these will fill the role of glass cannons that can charge out of deep strike and hit extremely hard, with enough attacks to take on other elite units or big infantry groups, or kill a character that's left alone. 

if only tyranid just had some kind of unit that could ambush other units with huge amount of attack.

No, Raveners! we talk about other hypothetical unit that could charge from deep strike.

Do you think these creatures will sacrifice the Lictor's camouflage for a more overt combat role? Hopefully the Lictor will retain it's role as it's a pretty cool one.

I like these models quite a bit but I will probably forget it's name constantly. 

46 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

I didn't realise till I watched the trailer again but these are the critters who took out the lieutenant while the homing Beacon flashes away.

I don’t think that was the lieutenant, you can see the lieutenant at the end, when the space marines are huddling together at the top of the hill for a last stand.

After careful consideration of the many confused-face emojis I received today, I am ready to repent for my sins. I too love the Van Leeuwen Ice Cream bug with all my heart, and it totally does not look anything like a mini lictor.

Anyone who disagrees shall face the full wrath of my confusion.

Oooh big fan of these, the first thing thats made me want to keep the nid half of the box...

I was a big fan of the OG metal hormagaunts even though they constantly fell over and chipped to buggery :D 

Name is excellent.

25 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Oooh big fan of these, the first thing thats made me want to keep the nid half of the box...

I was a big fan of the OG metal hormagaunts even though they constantly fell over and chipped to buggery :D 

Name is excellent.

I like these guys too, and the name is fun, I like it a lot.

These guys are cool... And they make me want to build a Magos Biologis Von Ryan conversion.

He'd need an emphasized bionic arm... Like all Mechanics embrace and aspire to cybernetics, but this needs to be an obvious replacement for a limb that was tor off by one of these beasties. Maybe some big raking claw marks on him? And of course he'd be standing on the corpse of a Leaper too.