Speculation on the Horus Heresy Road Map?

We have a road map!

Broken down into plastic and Resin! 

For Plastic we have seen thr Vindicator and Knight Lancer; it says we are getting more Lord(s!) Of war, a new Dread (Doritto boat) and what seems to be new MKIII armor. Later we get Assault Marines (Finally!) And a new mystery army (Imperial army is my guess?), later followed by a plastic legion command squad and plastic melee weapon upgrades, which will hopefully see us able to make Dispoilers, and maybe other units?

Lots of resin stuff coming too. Which I won't personally buy.

Any idea what the new plastic lords of war might be? I'm going to guess the Mecharius variants? 

Fu-IuSPWAAAd6v6.jpeg

Edited by Marshal Mittens

I still can't get over having to wait over a year from intial release for a second troops choice, and they are having to 'react' to demand for them? I'm sorry but if you're having to push ahead one of the three basic troops choices for the Legions then you need to sort yourself out, they shouldn't be coming out after all the lords of war.

Mystery Army Release... if they mean an actual new army, then Dark Mechanicum since we know they were working on them prior to Book 8/9 and kept getting pushed back.

If it's just a plastic release for an existing non-Marine army, probably Sisters of Silence since they gained a suspicious amount of new units in Liber Imperium and they would easily be cross-compatible with 40k, where they could similarly do with some fleshing out.

"More Lords of War" is probably just the Castigator and Acheron, since they made a bit deal about the Fellblade/Glaive/etc being 'retooled to fit plastic sponsons' and the only other Marine LoW is the Storm Bird and Thunderhawk which obviously aren't seeing a plastic release anytime soon (unless...?)

Could also be the Stormhammer I suppose.

Edited by Lord Marshal

Plural on Lords of War certainly implies something like more Knights, i cant imagine any flyers going plastic right now or see a role for a new ground LoW unless for a faction lacking them right now? Certainly feels like the plural is deliberate so id guess a dual knight kit either Acheron/Castigator or the two Mechanicus Questoris? 

Im hoping the new army is filling out those Sister of Silence roles they added but dont talk about, i figure you could do it in two or three kits, plus some resin characters and have a fairly solid range. Could be daemons or dark mech ofc but they both need a LOT more kits id think. 

5 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

Mystery Army Release... if they mean an actual new army, then Dark Mechanicum since we know they were working on them prior to Book 8/9 and kept getting pushed back.

If it's just a plastic release for an existing non-Marine army, probably Sisters of Silence since they gained a suspicious amount of new units in Liber Imperium and they would easily be cross-compatible with 40k, where they could similarly do with some fleshing out.

"More Lords of War" is probably just the Castigator and Acheron, since they made a bit deal about the Fellblade/Glaive/etc being 'retooled to fit plastic sponsons' and the only other Marine LoW is the Storm Bird and Thunderhawk which obviously aren't seeing a plastic release anytime soon (unless...?)

FWIW I think the Sisters are deffo the 'new non-marine units coming soon' they had a slide about prior to the roadmap? As you say, the Sisters list has several units that don't have any models currently, which makes it a big departure from every other Liber 'Core' army. And as they already have a comprehensive list, I don't think they would be framed as a 'Mystery New Army'. Even with GW's sometimes creative approach to marketing.

Dark Mechanicum might fit. Or Daemons of the Ruinstorm. A full-blown 'Liber Daemonica' with several news resin and plastic kits. That would fit the bill and explain why we still haven't got the placeholder Daemons list yet.

Agree the Lords of War is probably more Knights. 

I'd like for the 'New Characters' to be for Legions who are lacking them. But at this rate, it will be SoH and IF. 

I'm hoping for new plastic LoW fliers.

Plastic melee weapons will be nice, but when are we getting the resin one?

The assault marines still being in their cad design phase is a little baffling. They really went all in on the plastic vehicles eh? I'm gad theres a proper road map, and hopefully this one is a bit more accurate than the last one.

Still would love to know when the FAQs coming out.

Forgot Knights were LoW. Yeah, Sisters look like a likely candidate for new releases - at any rate, maybe this will mean no more plundering half a dozen kits for a squad of five needlers.

Also, I don't remember how the sprues are packed in the current box, but maybe they can get an extra five Sisters in a new box in the future :biggrin:

I think fall or winter upgrades will include resin breacher shields, which would be a fit for the upscaled mkiii models.

I WANT to believe that one or more of the character releases will be praetors for the 4 legions that still don't have one (iron hands, salamanders, raven guard, iron warriors). Will it be though? I don't know....we're getting brand new damned characters for 2 legions that already have a ton of characters.

Sounds like from the questions after the reveal that the primarch won't be the khan (which is a big bummer, white scars keep getting kicked while they're down (still resin javalins, bikes constantly out of order, no khan on bike, slow to release assault squads, etc)). My guess then is lorgar with his dark super saiyan mode (I don't know :cuss: it's called, i'm too tired to look it up).

The releases are slow, there's a lot of questionable release priorities (revamped mkiii vs assault marines, etc). I think they can do better, they're not 100% off the hook for me, but I also understand that there are more games than just HH, and it's the same year as a new 40k edition, and the likely rumor of Epic 30k on the horizon being all but confirmed. Only so much space and resources to push everything out the door. Reality is I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, and I'm not going to pretend to know what's what.

I am at least happy to see a road map. Main reason is that I'm not left in the dark and can form my own expectations of what else they're going to work on releasing in the near future. If things suddenly slowed down without being informed, I would be in a very pessimistic position, thinking that they stopped altogether, like with Burning of Prospero or Betrayal of Calth. And at least there's enough this year for my friends that want to attend HH events next year to build their armies with mostly plastic models.

Pretty sure characters means Legion Preators and other generic Consuls and I already took a geuss that one of the upgrades will be a breacher shield and arms set the others I hope I'm wrong but Recon upgrades. Recon is one kit I'd really like to see in plastic cuase an upgrade set is gonna leave some details out but hopefully not. Legion Command sounds cool wonder what marks they will have 2,3,6 or a mix and some surprises like mark 4? Melee weapons gonna take a wild geuss it's not a plastic replacement for the despoiler set but just a set with various power weapons and pistols possibly a chainsword or two something for characters. Mystery Army release nope not gonna take a stab at this one as it could be plastics for an existing army a new army or just a new box set who knows.

If they did dark mech and made the robots in plastic that Legions, Mechanicium, and Dark Mech can use, that would make a lot of sense too, as even people who cont want to play mech might buy some for their legions. 

Wonder if they would make the plastics for 40k too. 

The new Army for 30k and the Admech codex for 40k both come out this winter, as well. 

Edited by Marshal Mittens

1 hour ago, Marshal Mittens said:

If they did dark mech and made the robots in plastic that Legions, Mechanicium, and Dark Mech can use, that would make a lot of sense too, as even people who cont want to play mech might buy some for their legions. 

Wonder if they would make the plastics for 40k too. 

The new Army for 30k and the Admech codex for 40k both come out this winter, as well. 

It would be a first to cooperate with the 40k team, i guess a clue would be to see if any of the heresy plastics are in the new Marine lists/codex for 10th. I really would not expect any release synergy though.

44 minutes ago, Brofist said:

So buffed knight rules, right? Guys? Guys!??

Oh i wish, apparently the 30k community doesnt like FAQs or updates though, even when they are really obviously needed...

1 hour ago, Marshal Mittens said:

13 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

I’m leaning toward Mechanicum or Dark Mech for the army release! GW made a bit thing about the heresy not just being power armour [Which the SOS are too]

Mech would be wonderful, for sure, and units like the architor and arlatex would be fantastic to see. Intriguingly, noticed Caleb Decima is a liber unit, but arguably without a model too. While his art always resembled the titan engineer, it would be nice to have a generic tech priest kit that could also build him.

I would also love sisters, but I feel it would (as with Custodes) lead to their over representation. I'd love it if instead mech, auxilia or army were released to push the heresy to represent the three main prongs of the imperial forces. 

Excited for the new primarch model, bet it will look spectacular, no matter which primarch they do. Even though i think fulgrim might be a good candidate. Doing a daemon primarch just seems the most obvious when redoing them, he is the only one not done in plastic already and he was also the 2nd of the original models, so he could definitly need a facelift.

I feel like everything else has already been said, like many said, would also love some sisters of silence, but i dont think it will be likely.

I think mystery release will be admech/dark mech but I would really like to see an extended, undivided ruinstorm Daemon army in plastic. Useable in 3 game systems with new codex/army book releases. Sisters would be awesome too.

Honestly happy with anything though. 

For the Primarch I'm callin Khan on bike too. Because awesome.