Speculation on the Horus Heresy Road Map?

7 hours ago, lansalt said:

I've already posted this in the SW sub forum, but apparently the brand new mkVI furry-like wolf helmets that caused so much derision have been removed from the store, they don't appear in a search and the link to the page returns a 404: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/space-wolves-mk6-heads-2022

So there's a chance that GW releases a redesigned kit with new SW helmets.

That's great to hear, I'm glad we were able to collectively shame FW into scrapping those things.  Hopefully they'll get a proper redo.  (No offense to people who liked them though!)

44 minutes ago, Aarik said:

That's great to hear, I'm glad we were able to collectively shame FW into scrapping those things.  Hopefully they'll get a proper redo.  (No offense to people who liked them though!)

If someone really wants them they aren't hard to find anyway if you know where to look.

On 5/11/2023 at 12:27 PM, lansalt said:

I've already posted this in the SW sub forum, but apparently the brand new mkVI furry-like wolf helmets that caused so much derision have been removed from the store, they don't appear in a search and the link to the page returns a 404: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/space-wolves-mk6-heads-2022

Not that you can make a full unit with them but, there's a runic plumed Mk6 helm in the standard Space wolf box. Be a nice conversion place holder for Squad leaders or HQs while a new redisgn gets released :)

On 5/11/2023 at 5:27 AM, lansalt said:

No? Link works.

So with the planned releases for spring coming up for pre-order on schedule,  is the release of the despoiler kit an advance release on the summer 'Upgrades' or do we know what else they could be?

I assume the New Characters are the tank commanders, librarians etc., but Upgrades?

Fu-IuSPWAAAd6v6.jpeg

Edited by dickyelsdon

I doubt those would be the upgrades they are talking about. Those seem more like an "oh yeah, we have these, too" kind of thing. The upgrades I'd expect to be more along the lines of the helmet/shoulderpad upgrades, or the contemptor upgrades. Maybe something to indicate inductii?

My question is: are we going to get plastic breachers when we get the MKIII upgrade? Cuz that's the thing I want. And if I'm being greedy, I want a plastic termite, too.

Edited by Ripper.McGuirl

1 hour ago, Ripper.McGuirl said:

I doubt those would be the upgrades they are talking about. Those seem more like an "oh yeah, we have these, too" kind of thing. The upgrades I'd expect to be more along the lines of the helmet/shoulderpad upgrades, or the contemptor upgrades. Maybe something to indicate inductii?

My question is: are we going to get plastic breachers when we get the MKIII upgrade? Cuz that's the thing I want. And if I'm being greedy, I want a plastic termite, too.

Yeah I think your right the despoiler kit (and contenptors) fall before the the road map. Dont think we've seen any other shoulder/head options anywhere so certainly something coming and we know its not command stuff or assault stuff as those are coming later.  Id guess if Breachers are on that plan then they are in resin upgrades for Winter or Spring. 

I hope the Summer resin 'upgrades' isnt just a pintle assault cannon.

Edited by dickyelsdon

On 5/16/2023 at 10:15 AM, dickyelsdon said:

So with the planned releases for spring coming up for pre-order on schedule,  is the release of the despoiler kit an advance release on the summer 'Upgrades' or do we know what else they could be?

I assume the New Characters are the tank commanders, librarians etc., but Upgrades?

On 5/16/2023 at 1:03 PM, Ripper.McGuirl said:

Hmm, pre-order for tank commanders, librarians. Upgrades are old torsos and shoulder pads. Is this now the summer window? If they launch the plastic Knight just before 40k drops

is that it for 'summer'?   I hope not.

2 hours ago, dickyelsdon said:

Hmm, pre-order for tank commanders, librarians. Upgrades are old torsos and shoulder pads. Is this now the summer window? If they launch the plastic Knight just before 40k drops

is that it for 'summer'?   I hope not.

Usually I take March, April, May as Spring, Summer would be June - Aug, with both the vindi and garrus being last month of the season, I'd expect the 'summer' releases to come in August. 

New Legion weapons would be great, I'd love a set of Calibanite Warblades and Terranic Greatswords for instance, or Plasma Burners/Plasma Repeaters. Extrapolate that to all the other Legions of course. It'd be a good move if it happens.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

37 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

New Legion weapons would be great, I'd love a set of Calibanite Warblades and Terranic Greatswords for instance, or Plasma Burners/Plasma Repeaters. Extrapolate that to all the other Legions of course. It'd be a good move if it happens.

Plausible, they would work for the upcoming mk III. 

7 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Melee weapons kit in Spring24 might include some charnabal weapons?

2 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

Welp I don't think breachers will be a resin upgrade anymore. Read an interview where they asked all kinds of questions and recieved vague answers but the answer to the question of plastic breachers was like wait and see.

part of me is hoping we get a second wave of upgrade kits with the mk3 release. 

1 hour ago, Ripper.McGuirl said:

It is crazy to me they didnt already do a breacher sprue add-on to the MKIII kit, and I’d be twice as baffled if they didnt do it with the new wave.

Lets be honesty the whole 2.0 release process has been pretty baffling...

I'd like to see it but I'd like some warning first so I have time to buy the resin ones. 

I want all my Iron Warriors to be the same size, not have a random unit of giants.

4 hours ago, Corswain said:

I'd like to see it but I'd like some warning first so I have time to buy the resin ones. 

I want all my Iron Warriors to be the same size, not have a random unit of giants.

People vary in height, so you could mix them within squads :)

The other thing is you can rebase your existing minis to be a wee bit taller? Helps so much to disguise how small older resin and plastic minis are versus newer generation figures.