Cerastus Knight-Acheron Sprue Leak

It's great to have confirmation that we'll be seeing more than just the Lancer though it's not a big surprise. Presumably though the Acheron won't be too far behind the Lancer though it wasn't on the road map unless it was included in "more lords of war" for autumn. I'd be more excited for confirmation of the Castigator myself. 

4 minutes ago, CL_Mission said:

I'd be more excited for confirmation of the Castigator myself. 

I would say the new stats for the Avenger Gatling Cannon have made the Castigator less necessary. Check out below, there isn't much a Castigator can do that a Warden can't.

7Riy1ThD7fp3Sz9N.jpg

6 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

I would say the new stats for the Avenger Gatling Cannon have made the Castigator less necessary. Check out below, there isn't much a Castigator can do that a Warden can't.

For me it's all about the looks to be honest. I'm sure GW isn't above releasing a new knight that overlaps with an existing unit because "WOW NEW BIG MODEL!!"

1 hour ago, Karhedron said:

Like the castigator wont just continue to be a version with more shots? And a big deflagrate sword? Like, other mini guns existing has always been a thing?

Good to see the obvious plan for Cerastus confirmed, id hoped to see both others on one sprue with some clever doubling but then this pic is pretty packed! Id expect them in three separate boxes at first, then to get consolidated down the line like the Questoris.

The first thing I did when I looked at this sprue was to try to find the fuel hose on the sprue. I can't seem to see it. I just wanted to see how the ammo feed would work without being able to bend it with a heat gun/ hairdryer.

I am not sure if this is good news or not. Of course it's great for the community, but for me, Should I get a Lancer or an Acheron as my second Cerastus Knight? Dilemma!

Kinda interesting we see a sprue in May when this isn't due out until sometime this summer? 

Wouldn't expect it until like July? I imagine they don't want a big mini to interfere with their release of 10e.

It's $345 for the resin one, I wonder how much this one will be? It looks very cool, though it seems a bit lightly armed.

Edited by Marshal Mittens

1 hour ago, Marshal Mittens said:

Kinda interesting we see a sprue in May when this isn't due out until sometime this summer? 

Wouldn't expect it until like July? I imagine they don't want a big mini to interfere with their release of 10e.

From a discussion I saw in a Reddit thread about the leak, apparently someone put this sprue up on Ebay, and the picture is from the Ebay listing.  So either someone at GW screwed up and sent someone the wrong item (like we saw with plastic Dante and the FW SoH praetor), or it was taken from GW.  I don't think this was any sort of planned leak.

2 hours ago, Hellex_The_Thanatar said:

No they were part of the fw rules though for knights. 

Still gw insists on keeping fw and gw rules in separated segments...who knows why

Plastic-ized conferred codex inclusion up until recently, no idea how GW will handle the glut of resin-to-plastic rules-wise now happening. Given the knight books aren't bursting at the seams with datasheets, keeping a GW/FW distinction there would be a headscratcher for the ages.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mittens said:

Dante not alone in sneaking out of the factorum confinement, what went wrong in the warehouse management the last half-year. Maybe that inventory management software I think it was. All sorts of stocking issues, things not in stock that should be but things in stock that shouldn't be too.

5 hours ago, Marshal Mittens said:

It's $345 for the resin one, I wonder how much this one will be? It looks very cool, though it seems a bit lightly armed.

May certainly does seem an early leak for a Summer release, Summer isn't until December...

...well, for the best hemisphere anyway. 

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

I hope GW supports these Knights in 40k as well.

They are such great models. Once they are plastic they will be easy to transport and will be more easily accessible. I hope the rules aren't gated behind a Forgeworld index that may or may not be updated as often as a regular codex.