Jump pack death company; Re-roll hits, re-roll charge, 6+++ - add a JP chaplain and they get +1 to wound and D3/3 mortal wounds per fight phase. Plus +1A and +1S when charging of course. Seems fairly blendery.

Or lemartes making the unit immune to 1D weapons of course. :wallbash:

Libby dread not being able to use wings on himself sucks.

Edited by Arkhanist

The firstborn/primaris divide is taken to such stupid stupid extremes with the characters its not even funny. Like i cant go beyond it, i cant examine the units, every time i hit a character i look at who he can join and it just stops me cold. Its being very very silly. 

Sanguinary priest Bloodoael you will support the intercessors! 

No.

What do you mean no?

Sorry my captain but they make me look short and it kills my sexy swagger.

Chief Apothecary Corbulo, whose lore is he loves primaris, thought they were the best thing ever and the hope of the entire chapter? Cant stand them mate keep them at least 3" at any time.

Of course since primaris dont have Jump packs yet Dante becomes the only Marine in the Imperium who can cross the REAL rubicon primaris and join outside his caste.

Not loving how sanguinary priests are sidelined to mediocre units. The only exception I guess is tossing Dante and a sang priest into a sanguinary guard unit looks pretty boss. 

death company and lemartes is a nice combo. 

librarian dreadnoughts feel like a must take to lob those non jumpy primaris assault squads at the enemy. 

furioso dreadnaught looks… good. Frag cannon looks useful for the first time in a while too. 

it makes me sad that based on this index we won’t be seeing a range refresh in primaris anytime soon. I’d really like some non midget sang guard. 

Am I the only one who is sad SHPs can’t do any healing or reviving at all?

4 hours ago, ThoricTheMad said:

Not loving how sanguinary priests are sidelined to mediocre units. The only exception I guess is tossing Dante and a sang priest into a sanguinary guard unit looks pretty boss. 

death company and lemartes is a nice combo. 

librarian dreadnoughts feel like a must take to lob those non jumpy primaris assault squads at the enemy. 

furioso dreadnaught looks… good. Frag cannon looks useful for the first time in a while too. 

it makes me sad that based on this index we won’t be seeing a range refresh in primaris anytime soon. I’d really like some non midget sang guard. 

Did you really expect a refresh before the codex?

1 hour ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Did you really expect a refresh before the codex?

I was hoping for maybe some

sang guard since that’s the only unit the newly primarised Dante can join. I am hoping our index gets some updates if the rumored jump primaris arrive to change what units a few folks can join. 

im mostly just looking at this and thinking odds are great any character that can only join a firstborn unit is on the fast track to being squatted. Other than maybe astorath and corbulo. 

I'm sure we won't get any new kits until the SM main codex comes out, and then a couple more when our codex comes out. 

overall nothing has really surprised or disappointed me (other than the jump lieutenant issue. I'll wait until the SM codex comes out before doing anything with the models).

the strategems look solid, and rerolling charges on jump DC looks pretty solid!

Edited by Paladin777

So overall how are people feeling?

I need to digest the rules at home properly I think, seems okay, Dante really ought to have had a CP or stratagem related ability IMO and it’s sucky that the pistol that literally just got into the range improved had it reduced again, still doesn’t feel terrible though. Lethal hits on the axe mortalis is interesting I guess, devastating wound feels like it would have been more appropriate, but it doesn’t suck. 

I hate DC intercessor gear options and I desperately hope that we see a new death company kit, with better weapon selection, that said regular DC look pretty great (intercessor versions 0CP strat ability is top notch though, their guns and weapons just sort of suck)

baal predator is good! I’m legitimately shocked.

sad nobody can join bladeguard.

I feel that sanguinary priests should have been able to join more unit types than they do.

mephiston seems pretty good! Fights first as a unit ability is great and he retained most of his cool abilities.

but anyway mostly interested to see what people think of the strats and enhancements? Worth using our detachment over gladius? 

Most of the units are ok-good, the Sanguinary Priest not being able to join SG though is :cuss:?

The Librarian Dreadnought no longer flies (Boo!!!) But it does make an infantry unit pretend to be a GK (yay?)

The Sanguinor actually.. works now.

Fights First, shows up to kick anyone who charges a BA unit

The Detachment is pretty bad though. No advance and charge in the army other than Seth, Angels Sacrifice is bad, fall back and charge and 6" consolidation is decent, but more than half the strats are Gladius copies and it doesn't nearly make up for advance and charge and fall-back and charge army wide

I noticed that our Sanguinary Priests can't use their Narthecanum xD.

I kind of wish we would get the ol' Exsanguinator back. The one from 3rd Edition. 

I don't really like how the Sanguinor doesn't have a toughness higher than 4. Though I'm not really to big a fan anyways.

Also, it's weird that the "Lord Regent" rule doesn't give CP or do anything useful to the army. I would have named that rule as, "Veteran of a Thousand Years" and then have given the Lord Regent a rule for giving CP.

Otherwise I like it. 

Oh, and they should have named Mephiston's power "Blood Boil". It sounds more ominous.

Edited by Arkangilos

Just realised Tycho is good, like... actually really good. after an attack is allocated to him (not damage or anything, just an attack), he gets 12 attacks that are damage 2 :o

Edited by Blindhamster

4 hours ago, ThoricTheMad said:

tossing Dante and a sang priest into a sanguinary guard unit looks pretty boss. 

Unfortunately it seems Priests cannot join the Sanguard!

What units can join them? Is it just CAPTAINS?

1 minute ago, Blindhamster said:

Just realised Tycho is good, like... actually really good. after an attack is allocated to him (not damage or anything, just an attack), he gets 12 attacks that are damage 2 :o

Psycho Tycho is good also, basically a melee MW bomb on death, up to 9MW if he's in a fight with the enemy WARLORD.