The more i read the worse it gets. the restrictions of who can join what are just too much. :cuss: not every single units needs special rules that give it rerolls or +1's. its too much, baseline infantry don't need special rules its so clunky. 

the best character update is not available as a model anymore... they stopped selling him. he's also dead in the lore so is he really getting retcon to be alive i doubt it... one that DOSEN'T make him primaris? more doubtful even though he cant join primaris 

we have what 7 blood angels characters and only one can join a command squad?

Primaris chaplains get no options but firstborn do with the same stat line? so what primaris are now going to be cheaper points than firstborn? why do i have multiple chaplain models with no options for them actually existing in the rules. 

Death company can ONLY be joined by chaplains. 

Dante doesn't feel like a chapter master at all his rules are boring and lackluster, he is primaris but can only join non-primaris units.  +1 to charge +1 to hit is all we get from the leader of half the imperium. at the least he should be giving +1 OC to sang guard. 

Mephiston.... do i even need to start with this one. he better be cheap now. a very boring anti psycher who gives fight first to units i don't care about putting him in.... reading other chapters characters makes me even sadder about the nurfing of our angel ones. 

sang priests. yeah okay but they can't go with anyone i want them to. zero options  

no option to make hero units death company like before, i want my death company librarian back. 

Regarding character restrictions joining squads I think this is an attempt to balance things. Mephiston plus BGV would be an auto-include. As would be a Dante/Priest/SG deathstar. Especially the latter could be problematic and against the design philosophy of 10th. Let's see: Dante and SG already get +1 charge and hit rolls, enemies in 6" need to take battleshock at -1, - 1 to hit in melee and - 1 wound roll if Dante is the warlord, OC 2, +1 S and A on the charge, everyone has 2+ save. That's a lot of nuts for a toned down edition with an index list. Greed isn't what the great angel wants to see in his sons brothers. 

I didn't pay much attention to the other indicies beside BA and SM. Are there other armies that can pull even harder combos already?

4 hours ago, Rhavien said:

Regarding character restrictions joining squads I think this is an attempt to balance things. Mephiston plus BGV would be an auto-include.

I think that Mephiston + BGV is the stand out one that feels like an oversight to me. He gives strike first, but that's not really any different to a Judicar so I really don't see the problem there?

Edited by Pathstrider

Just now, Goranged said:

You are missing the defuffs plus Meph is a killing machine.

Mephiston is a killing machine anyway, thats regardless of the unit he joins - and should be accounted for in his points.

I guess let me put it like this - are any of his abilities significantly more impactful applied to blade guard rather than assault intercessors? My thinking is only the fight first ability could be, but blade guard can get that anyway.

The other angle could be does blade guard offer better protection to Mephiston as a Bodyguard unit that could be unbalanced? Blade guard are obviously tougher, but you can have twice as many assault intercessors so I’m not so sure.

sdfse

6 hours ago, gideon stargreave said:

Death company SHOULD only be joined by chaplains. Although options for a full death company army would be rad 

nah, death company captains and lieutenants was fantastic and completly fluffy, its a shame to make all death company just the lowest ranks 

52 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

Bladeguard would let mephiston reroll 1s to attack or to save, which would be a fairly big deal on him I suppose 

I don't think I'd fully clocked that unit abilities apply to leaders - is that right?

If so - I accept that could be the reason, although is it that much better than Assault Intercessors allowing him to re-roll wounds?

1 hour ago, Havokas said:

sdfse

nah, death company captains and lieutenants was fantastic and completly fluffy, its a shame to make all death company just the lowest ranks 

DC captains weren’t very fluffy as HQs.

they’re no different from any other marine that has fallen to the rage, they lose their ability to lead men.

they were cool to build a whole DC army with, but in wouldnt say they were fluffy. Any marine in a DC unit can be a fallen captain or LT, or the chapter master, or chaplain.

8 hours ago, Eilio Tiberius said:

Has his language been bad?

37 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

What does control his language even mean? Did he suddenly develop Tourette’s or something?

There is swearing on some of his videos and linking/embedding them is against the forum rules. So if it's clean, then his review can be shared here - I simply haven't seen it yet.

1 hour ago, Havokas said:

sdfse

I see what you mean. I thought we were discussing Librarians with death company, lieutenants with death company (not death company characters)

10 minutes ago, Jolemai said:

There is swearing on some of his videos and linking/embedding them is against the forum rules. So if it's clean, then his review can be shared here - I simply haven't seen it yet.

So what?

if I :cuss:ing love the new RAS how is that different than if I fricking love the new RAS?/

‘naughty’ words is the stupidest thing in :cuss:ing world to cry about

The rules of the B&C can be found below, with the part about swearing/profanity can be found under the heading "Restrictions":

If you feel these need changing, feel free to create a thread in The Suggestion Box forum:

+ THE SUGGESTION BOX + - The Bolter and Chainsword

A question was asked, and an answer was given. Anything further will be removed as off topic.

Definitely Mephy restrictions was one of the things that stood out to me also.  I'm not sure how I feel about it; BGV already have good alternative options, though a strong BA character there would always be fun.

I do like the idea of promoting mediocre units to greatness with characters, rather than just always buff stacking the biggest baddest unit already out there though, so seeing that more wouldn't be bad.

Not sure who I'd likely stick him with.  10 man sternguard seems fun? Wish the Sgt there could take a melee weapon though.  Would be a very capable ranged threat that's difficult to charge.  Perhaps AI would be strictly better though to complement a unit that already wants to do melee.  Hmmm.

Leaders in 10th reminds me a lot of 7th, in a good way.  DC rules and black rage is looking very nice though, even the debuff feels appropriate.

I’m thinking about it too. I feel like putting him in intercessors or sternguard is a waste given he wants to be in combat as much as possible - and a regular librarian to give them 4++ is more value if they get into a firefight.

So I figure it’s assault intercessors all the way - probably loaded into a land raider.

My only other, potentially crazy, thought is to run him on his own - wondering if his T5/2+/4++/5+++ would absorb enough firepower that could be going elsewhere.

1 hour ago, burningsky25 said:

Definitely Mephy restrictions was one of the things that stood out to me also.  I'm not sure how I feel about it; BGV already have good alternative options, though a strong BA character there would always be fun.

I do like the idea of promoting mediocre units to greatness with characters, rather than just always buff stacking the biggest baddest unit already out there though, so seeing that more wouldn't be bad.

Not sure who I'd likely stick him with.  10 man sternguard seems fun? Wish the Sgt there could take a melee weapon though.  Would be a very capable ranged threat that's difficult to charge.  Perhaps AI would be strictly better though to complement a unit that already wants to do melee.  Hmmm.

Leaders in 10th reminds me a lot of 7th, in a good way.  DC rules and black rage is looking very nice though, even the debuff feels appropriate.

im really hoping when MPK comes, sternguard sergeants at least regain sergeant power weapons.

1 hour ago, Pathstrider said:

My only other, potentially crazy, thought is to run him on his own - wondering if his T5/2+/4++/5+++ would absorb enough firepower that could be going elsewhere.

If you want a Lone Ranger hero then you are probably better off going with the Sanguinor. He has a jump pack so can get where he needs to be more easily and Lone Operative protects him from shooting outside 12".

Mehpy is tank but not tanky enough to be a Distraction Carnifex IMHO.